Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Torturethon - It's Snooker Loopy  (Read 18026 times)

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Torturethon - It's Snooker Loopy
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:30:10 PM »

In three days from now, I'll be trying to emulate the herculean efforts of Butter, Cockney Rebel, Ella Minnow Pea, KCneon, Trixi and Dan, and sit through an absolutely horrendous song for a period of time (8 hours in my case), in order to raise a couple of quid for charity.

I'm still set for doing this thing on Friday 13th, starting at 2 pm Cinncinati time, where I will be taking on the might of both the Matchroom Mob and Chas and Dave. I know for sure that many of you have never had the misfortune of living with the song "Snooker Loopy" for any length of time, but I'm sure a casual listen will have confirmed to you that it's rubbish.

I chose this "chirpy" cockney wankfest for a good reason - growing up in Stevenage, I attended a school that could only be described as "tough". Many of the older kids were soon-to-be paid up members of the National Front and/or football hooligans affiliated with Chelsea, QPR, Luton Town and the like, and a racially broad cross section of students coupled with those cunts always allowed for some pretty ugly fights during lunch break. Anyway, some of the shaven-headed ones adopted this song as their very own theme tune for a short time, and would sing it (with a new set of really uncool lyrics) en masse while walking through a gaggle of younger pupils (including me), encouraging us to join in. I resolutely refused to comply with those racist fuckers, as did a few of my peers. This situation always ended in a flurry of punches, with us younger folk invariably finding ourselves on our arses, claret decorating our school uniforms. Until one day.

Well, one day, I got lucky. During another terrible version of "Snooker Loopy", my old mate Prem took offence, and was instantly pounced upon by 2 older skins, who began to beat the stuffing out of him. Me and another friend intervened, I got a good sight of one of them, and clocked him a peach with my satchel. The beatdown ensued, as two Davids beat the shit out of Adolf Goliath. Unfortunately, one of the teachers was walking by as I put the final few digs in, and I was summarily frog-marched to the headmaster's office, where I suffered woe in the form of some stringent disciplinary measures. I felt hard done by, as did my friend.

After this incident, we carried on keeping our noses clean and after a little pressure from the bullies, they dropped the Chas and Dave rubbish, and left us alone. This is my time to put that chapter of my life to bed, purging all the shit by listening to a bunch of snooker players and a pair of old soak cockneys.

This one's for you, Prem.
Am Meer

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:53:51 PM »

I have your phone number.
Opulence. I has it.

foolsgold

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:55:11 PM »

Adolph Goliath.

Awesome.

I'll be on the road for part of your "experience", but will be wishing you well (assuming that I haven't hung myself inside of a gas oven aftering necking a bottle of valium).

slow-dog

• City Elder
    • http://www.slow-dog.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »

I'm thinking I might be able to move mine up from Saturday to Sunday to match Rafe's times.  Have to look into that.  I still need a copy of "LaLa" if anyone's paying attention.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 05:44:31 PM »

What, you don't want to go onto iTunes and pay for it? ;)

I think Bill Nguyen should provide it for you, it's the least he can do. :twisted: Of course, his user account was wiped out by the Great Cataclysm...
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

slow-dog

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 05:46:13 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
What, you don't want to go onto iTunes and pay for it? ;)

I think Bill Nguyen should provide it for you, it's the least he can do. :twisted: Of course, his user account was wiped out by the Great Cataclysm...

Actually, I'll go to iTunes if that's what it takes.  I just wanted to know if any friends wanted to make a virtual mix CD for me that only happen to have one track on it.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 07:15:41 PM »

Quote from: "Cockney Rebel"
I have your phone number.

Rafe....time to change your phone number!   ;)
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

foolsgold

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 09:18:18 AM »

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »

T-minus 4 hours...

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »

God speed, Rafe!
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »

Good Luck man.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 01:34:10 PM »

I've gone for an early kick-off, and started at 6.30 PM local time.

Let's have it.
Am Meer

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 01:34:51 PM »

Good luck!
also known as rcc94

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »

You can do it, Mate. Be STRONG!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

slow-dog

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »

Don't bite your eyeballs Rafe!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up