Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Torturethon - It's Snooker Loopy  (Read 24876 times)

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Torturethon - It's Snooker Loopy
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 01:46:13 PM »

Thanks, all. I'm on listen number 5 at the moment. It's fantastic. Really sublime tune, particularly the chorus.
Am Meer

slow-dog

• City Elder
    • http://www.slow-dog.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 02:07:34 PM »

Has Rafe already succumb?

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »

I'm on my 13th listen* so far, and doing reasonably ok. By that I mean, as ok as one can feel after hearing such a shitty, one-dimensional novelty song without a pause. No dark memories, anger or violent thoughts, merely a mild irritation. Oh, and an increasingly dry throat coupled with images of cold beer.

To the task at hand, I've added one little caveat. For as long as I can manage, I'm actually listening to this while half-watching the video thanks to youtube. This means at least once per play, I have to see the beauty that is the Mob, because I have to physically press the "Watch Again" button to keep this dreck active. If and when I can't handle that anymore, I've got a back-up copy of the CD version right next to me. Everything's copacetic.

*Edit: 15th listen.
Am Meer

slow-dog

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »

We're all snooker loopy!

I'm sick of the song, and I haven't even listened to it or watched the video today!

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »

I'm an hour or so in, and it's starting to get on my tits just a touch.  The main reason for this has begun to occur when I bring the screen up near the end of the song, poised to click on "watch again". Firstly, I see a group shot of the lads singing along to the chorus dressed in aitch knitwear, the uniform of the turd during the 80's. Secondly, an "action shot" - the chinese water torture-esque quality that the sound of those snooker balls clinking together is beginning to have on me is rising from novelty to annoyance. Finally, to cap it off, the final scene where we see both Chas and Dave staring at the camera giving the international sign for "loopy", with Chas apperaring to cross his eyes, a further indication of his loopiness. Now, I never realised until now, but I am struggling to think whether Chas is doing that cross-eyed thing on purpose, or if he is naturally that way. Whatever, it's making me irritable and a little sparky.

Beer tally: 1 (I was doing ok until the last "watch again". Beer 1 is officially open. I'm ignoring Tony Meo for now. Quite proud of myself in that respect)
Am Meer

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »

I guess that last post makes no sense without viewing it for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMA_SU2Wps
Am Meer

foolsgold

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

I think just hearing that guy try to pronounce "goggles" would be the end of me.

And do Chas & Dave always look that catatonic?

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »

We'll show you what we can do with a load of balls and a snooker cue!
Well.......

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 03:18:58 PM »

Quote from: "foolsgold"
And do Chas & Dave always look that catatonic?

Remind me to take you to a boozer in NE/East London one day. They are positively lucid in comparison.
Am Meer

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 03:24:18 PM »

Brave soul.  This song starts out whacky, so how on earth could you create a scale like fools had yesterday?  Just doesn't seem to fit.  

Are you singing to it?  Maybe that helps avoid a bit of the irritation (becoming part of the song rather than being passive about it).

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »

Quote from: "clemsonfan"
We'll show you what we can do with a load of balls and a snooker cue!

I'm reserving my thoughts on that until a little later. I don't want to say bad things while your children are still awake. Nedless to say, the cue was always my weapon of choice.

Ok, it's getting to me now. The novelty value has just been made redundant, and I'm beginning to want to punch people's tickets.
Am Meer

foolsgold

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »

Rafe, good luck to you.  When I return from my trip, I look forward to either visiting you in your padded room or just reading about your survival techniques.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »

Quote from: "foolsgold"
When I return from my trip, I look forward to either visiting you in your padded room or just reading about your survival techniques.

The padded room is as it's always been, never fear.

Beer tally: 2
Am Meer

slow-dog

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »

Umm...Rafe, you can't watch this until you're done, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkJeQi0flM

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »

Quote from: "slow-dog"
Umm...Rafe, you can't watch this until you're done, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkJeQi0flM

I'm curious now, you bastard. Anything has to be better than this crock of shit.

Oh, and lovely talking to you, CR. My unsteady poise has now vanished, and the song's shittiness, coupled with my memories of why I hate it and my disdain for Barry "I love poor people, they mow my lawn" Hearn have been re-kindled. Thanks a lot, Guv!
Am Meer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up