Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Torturethon - It's Snooker Loopy  (Read 24836 times)

rva

Torturethon - It's Snooker Loopy
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 04:12:21 PM »

This song's been going through my head all day anyway, so I thought I'd go ahead and watch the video a few times in a row.  

God-DAMN, that's annoying.  

You can sorta get the verses to just blend into the background a bit, except each one of  those Matchroom mob assholes belt out their one line they're trying out for the Vaudeville circuit.

slow-dog

• City Elder
    • http://www.slow-dog.com/
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »

BECAUSE I WEAR THESE GOGGLES!

I watched it once again, and now I'm walking down the hall at the office and I catch myself singing.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »

Yeah, that's just flat horrible.

Hopefully Karen has gone to Iraq for the day, where it's more safe?
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »

I was thinking of playing some snooker tonight.  Anyone care to join me?  Rafe?

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 04:37:44 PM »

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 04:51:09 PM »

I wish I had photoshop here to be able to construct a pic of Siouxsie on her knees sucking Dennis Taylor's cock.
Opulence. I has it.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

Quote from: "rva"
You can sorta get the verses to just blend into the background a bit, except each one of  those Matchroom mob assholes belt out their one line they're trying out for the Vaudeville circuit.
My great-aunt's mum was a Vaudeville performer. That thought doesn't help me too much right now. You are right about the cameo one-liners, though. I'm starting to get worn down by Willie Thorne's "Perhaps I ought to chalk it?" line, and Terry the Taff's..... just Terry the Taff, basically.

My Ire is rising earlier than expected, so I've been trying to focus on the song and attempting to glean something positive about it. It's not easy, but I've a semblance of a safety blanket in the form of one of the closing scenes of the video. Same group shot featuring all those involved having a knee's up behind the mic, but try and look out for the phenomenally bald Wille Thorne brushing his comb-over (featuring seven strands of hair) with his left hand. It's hilarious!

Ok, I want to die now.
Am Meer

slow-dog

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »

It's hard for me to pick witch one-liner is the worst.  I think PERHAPS I OUGHT TO CHALK IT might be the worst, just because his hair is so bad in the video.

rva

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 05:00:09 PM »

Quote from: "Dan"

ooh me!  The only problem is, I forget the rules.  If only I had some way of remembering the order in which to pot the balls...

slow-dog

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 05:05:07 PM »

Quote from: "Dan"

ooh me!  The only problem is, I forget the rules.  If only I had some way of remembering the order in which to pot the balls...

Well, first you pot the reds.  Then you screw back.......

rva

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 05:05:15 PM »

Quote from: "slow-dog"
It's hard for me to pick witch one-liner is the worst.  I think PERHAPS I OUGHT TO CHALK IT might be the worst, just because his hair is so bad.

It's HE'S GOT THE REST OF US SIGNED UP for me.  Because the verse is more about his agent than him.  It doesn't fit in.  Plus dude was already signed with his agent, so it should at least be HE'S GOT THE REST OF THEM SIGNED UP.  Only then it doesn't make any sense for him to sing the last line anymore since he's not even involved.  

I think I would be highly offended by HAIRBRUSHES FOR ME BARNET if I knew what the hell it meant.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 05:12:55 PM »

I'm not answering the phone again tonight. Not only do I have a dark, pestelant venom boiling in my veins thanks to CR's mention of Barry Hearn, foolsgold has just turned me into an enemy, and perhaps future invader, of Switzerland. Actually those and other calls helped a tad, in that they dragged me away from the video, which is still running. While on the phone I've been listening to a third copy, but not having the images was a little respite for which i'm grateful.

I'm still holding off on Tony Meo. For now.
Am Meer

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 05:21:39 PM »

I think I would be highly offended by HAIRBRUSHES FOR ME BARNET if I knew what the hell it meant.

I'm amazed you even understood what he was saying. Good show.
Am Meer

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 05:45:10 PM »

I'm loopy.  But I'm not sure what I'm loopy for.  Anyone help?

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 06:01:08 PM »

Beer Tally: 3

In the video right at the end, I'm starting to wish that Dave would just swipe Chas in the noggin with the headstock of his bass guitar. Really fucking hard.

I'm finding it difficult, now. My mind is going back to the reason why I chose the bloody song in the first place. The version those racist slags used to sing was "*Ethnic minority of your choosing* bashing nuts are we...". No need to write the other words in here, needless to say they were unpleasant and offensive. The verses only added to the borrowed song's nastiness. I remember how this song contributed towards all that xenophobia at my school for a short time, as it leant it a jaunty, sickly tune which somehow made it a favourite. Just like all those football chants we are so proud of. I'm seeing shaven headed faces, bloodied school uniforms and tarmac. I'm tasting my own fear and anger, and my realisation that even some skinny little idiot standing up alongside other people thinking that shit was wrong didn't do much good, but it did a lot more than joining in with the other cunts.

I also remember how boring Terry Griffiths was as a snooker player. Watching him play a shot was akin to having to stare at a tortoise through its entire hibernation period.
Am Meer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up