Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Cab For Cutie - "Transatlanticism"  (Read 1661 times)

rva

Death Cab For Cutie - "Transatlanticism"
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:31:46 PM »

You know, it's like I forget about it for awhile.  And then I spend another hour combing through google's cache for some half-assed version of a great thread.  And then I get angry again.  Very angry.

Another thread thankfully preserved by Ella Minnow Pea:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:29:57 AM »

Thank you guys.  Saving this means more to me than it ever should.

Not to be a prick, but the page 5 link doesn't work. I'd appreciate it whenever you get a chance.

foolsgold

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:37:50 AM »

Good, I'm glad that this was able to be recovered.  I was out of town during most of this and didn't get a chance to read it before the initial crash.  Well done, Dan!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

Thanks man. I'm wishing you the best of luck at the moment.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Death Cab For Cutie - "Transatlanticism"
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »

KEXP is playing, as I type this, Transatlanticism. While I knew this as the "I Need You So Much Closer" song, and instantly recognized the opening piano part, I had actually forgotten the name of the song.

Also, I did twitch a bit.

And I knew every single line/part for the entire 8 minutes. Yikes.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »

No song lyric should ever contain the words "Quite simply" or "I thought it less."

Death Cab has aged very poorly for me.  I pretty much have to switch the station now whenever they play the new album.  I think if I got into some kind of debate I would still defend "We Have the Facts..." and "Something about Airplanes."  But I think that's partly because I haven't actually listened to either album in years.  And I intentionally don't listen to those albums because I'm worried it'll ruin them for me. So I'm probably in denial to some extent.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »

Their sound and lyrics certainly meant a lot more to a 20-something me than they do to an almost-40-something me. There's definitely something to that.

I like the sound of the "Gold Rush" off the latest album, but I'm not sure I'm all into it or not. Mostly indifference.

Re-listening to music of days of yore is usually fun for the nostalgia elements of it, but if you don't WANT to feel the way you did back then and associate music with those emotions, I'm not sure you want to return to it. Such is the problem with something like Chris Carrabba's stuff. I liked his stuff when I was coursing with emotions, but there's so much less of them now and his stuff just sooouuuunndddsss soooooooo drammmmaaaaattttiiiicc.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »

I still can't stand to listen to Hollaback Girl.  It sends me running from a room.
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Pages: [1]   Go Up