Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF Moment of the Day  (Read 3563 times)

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
WTF Moment of the Day
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »

Trust me, the UW's bloated structure means they're below the industry standard.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
WTF Moment of the Day
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 11:06:16 AM »

This is why I hand out sunblock to homeless people.  My friends have been known to harass me for it... but I figure that there isn't much chance of abuse in sunblock.

I live in Florida.  It's hot.  It's sunny.  Homeless folks stand outside and beg.  They always look so sunburnt and wrinkled.  They'd have to be darn resourceful to trade sunblock for drugs/booze... and if they were that resourceful... they deserve their vices.  It is a "need" item, not a "want" item.  It actually helps the person better their situation.  I do it every so often and I always get a smile and a thank you.

No middle man, no wasted money spent on bloated salaries.  Just saving skin!
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
WTF Moment of the Day
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »

That's pretty cool, actually.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

snakelady

• Infrequent Visitor
  • City Elder
WTF Moment of the Day
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 10:50:36 PM »

Quote from: "Poncho the Sane"

I'm not against charity... in fact... I donate to charities a few dozen times a year.  I just don't like being told I *HAVE* to and be hassled until I do.  

I'm with you.  I'll choose which and it's none of my employer's business who it is.    

So a related WTF moment from about way too many years ago...  My first job was for Hamilton County, Ohio.  I was offered the convenience of donating to the GOP via payroll deduction.
The snake stood up for evil in the Garden.  - Robert Frost

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: WTF Moment of the Day
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:21 AM »

I get a lot of crazy emails, but some of my favorite ones come from some dude who I suspect might be a failed sci-fi writer. Sample from today:

Hi !

I would like to propose an article submission tip on the following. The following might be just to vague but i just can't stand the agonizing news of a cave lived Osama bin Laden on the other side of the world.

So why is a cave lived Osama bin Laden so important to some people in the west ? Did a growing Eastern star became some else and alive still then ? What is going on for this far lived person who became so important to some people in the west ?

My suspicion is that far east groups have gained access to scalar interferometry technologies and teleported Osama bin Laden to a space bunker. The very principle question is this. Why would you care about far lived cave person unless that person is still alive somewhere. Simple enough. If somebody is dead, then why you care about it with this much passion agony ? It has got to be alive then that some people in the west believe in him this much with continuum. And there is another thing that pops up on the scene as well regarding these "unplaceable" movements in the west, Madeleine McCann. Are both of these people alive somewhere ? The point is not too difficult to figure. If you care so much about someone, then that person must be among us or thought to be among us. Unless you want to devote your life to non-existing people and things, or just simply delusional...The point is that the attention and movements are simply got to be realistic, but then in  this case, shall look at it from a different point of view with some 15 years after the first photon was teleported by Anton Zeilinger and Francesco De Martini in 1997, some 67 years after the first successful nuclear reactor fusion was carried out ! Did someone figured all these science out, or just one might be enough.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

The Hegemo

• City Elder
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:57 AM »

I am intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
I am not a dude

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

Oh dear, when I worked at the public library our collection development staff had a "funny file" where they kept all the bizarre letters and submissions from authors and vendors. There were some doozies in there. My favorite was a book we had to put in the collection (the gift policy was revised afterwards), it was a reference novel. On the verso (left) pages was the nonfiction reference materials. On the recto (right) pages was the fiction story. It involved red lemurs, time travel, and Antarctica. It was so hilariously bad...
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »

I was on the phone with my mom earlier today and told her that I wasn't coming to Dayton tonight to see Duran Duran because the show got postponed. Before I could tell her why, she said, "Is it because of Hurricane Isaac?"  LOL
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up