Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Feedback song by Radiohead  (Read 14245 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
The Feedback song by Radiohead
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 10:12:01 AM »

Karma police, arrest this man, he talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge, hes like a detuned radio
Karma police, arrest this girl, her hitler hairdo, is making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party
This is what you get, this is what you get
This is what you get, when you mess with us

Karma police, I've given all I can, its not enough
I've given all I can, but were still on the payroll
This is what you get, this is what you get
This is what you get, when you mess with us
And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

For a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

I wonder if he was high when he wrote this song.
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:02 AM »

This is my 14th time listening to this song. Everytime I have the sweet millisecond of silence after the horrible feedback, the fucking song starts back up again.

My eyes are starting to water a tiny bit and my body is getting achey for no apparent reason. I have a headache and I feel like I'm getting sick to my stomach. Thankfully I have only 45 more minutes of this crap. I don't know how you all listened to the same music for 8-9 hours in a row.
Well.......

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 10:18:19 AM »

Keep in mind, you made me listen to my song for 2 EXTRA hours.  I have little sympathy.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »

Time: 10:15
Number of plays: 13.75

So it looks like we're on pace for 28 consecutive listens of Karma Police by the time this is over. Luckily, I remembered to pause my Audioscrobbler submissions before I started. The question is, will I remember to unpause when I'm done.

On my second try, I managed to link up the YouTube video and the iTunes song perfectly. It's the type of video that I would do, if I ever got in the business of making music videos. Which means that now I can't do that one, or else everyone would accuse me of ripping off Radiohead.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 10:23:10 AM »

Time: 10:21
Number of plays: 15.1

Quick update. I've started doing "air piano" at the beginning of the songs, using the keyboard tray of my desk (which coincedentally does not have a keyboard on it). As we speak, I'm doing one-hand air piano and one-hand typing.

At least I've stopped swaying back and forth.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 10:27:06 AM »

Why do the British add an "s" to Math?
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »

To go along with "arts" and "sciences"? I dunno.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 10:31:57 AM »

They don't really add one... we drop it from the short name, they don't.  Full name is "mathematics" after all.  I don't even know if "maths" is common usage or just in this song, I'm just going to go along with you on this one.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »

Karma police, arrest this man, he talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge, hes like a detuned radio

What does this mean, Thom? I simply can't understand what you're going for here. He talks in maths. So does he literally talk in maths? Does he going around spouting algebraic equations or chemical equations.

I'm picturing him going up to a stranger and saying "PV=NRT" or "a2+b2=c2"

If he does do that, then by all means arrest that man.

Does he also buzz like the ending of this song? Don't arrest him, he needs to go to a group home.
Well.......

foolsgold

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

Pssst, Butter.  At lunch today, stop by the barber and get a Hitler hairdo.  See how long it'll take before CF notices.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 10:38:09 AM »

I wonder if Earl listens to Karma Police.
Well.......

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »

Quote from: "Butter"
They don't really add one... we drop it from the short name, they don't.  Full name is "mathematics" after all.  I don't even know if "maths" is common usage or just in this song, I'm just going to go along with you on this one.

I read this British Mystery book last year, and the lady was a puzzle solver, and she kept talking about "maths"

It's been bugging me ever since.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

Time: 10:39
Number of plays: 19.2

Okay, maybe the song is starting to wear on me a little bit. Or maybe I just didn't get enough sleep last night. I fell asleep on the couch from midnight to 4 a.m., and couch sleep is never really quality sleep. But at least I remember to set my alarm to wake up in time for the challenge.

Fun Karma Police facts (courtesy Wikipedia):

Karma Police's highest UK chart position was No. 8...then again, Radiohead isn't exactly in the single-making business

Before OK Computer came out, Radiohead toured the US, supporting Alanis Morrisette(!). It is not known whether Paul Shaffer actually played piano to accompany the band when they performed Karma Police on the Late Show with David Letterman, or if he just air-pianoed it like I've been doing for the past 20 minutes.

The line "Karma police, arrest this girl, her Hitler hairdo, is making me feel ill" was orginally "Karma police, arrest this girl, she stares at me, as if she owns the world"

Since OK Computer is a concept album portraying a dystopian future where computers, robots and people live side-by-side (and the machines quite possibly might have the upper hand), the Karma Police appear to be some futuristic, thought-reading law enforcement agency. Which would mean that Thom Yorke is a narc.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »

Time: 10:41
Number of plays: 19.8

Now I'm playing air piano and swaying back and forth. Help!

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2006, 10:42:30 AM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"

The line "Karma police, arrest this girl, her Hitler hairdo, is making me feel ill" was orginally "Karma police, arrest this girl, she stares at me, as if she owns the world"

I like it that way better. I wonder why they changed it.
Well.......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up