Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2006-2007  (Read 9926 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
NCAA Basketball 2006-2007
« on: January 10, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »

Most Clemson Tiger fans are extremely pessimistic. We've been trained to be that way. I am no exception. Although I can't help but be excited about the way they are playing these days. I know that our no loss streak will be coming to an end soon but could it possible be that the Tigers might make it to the NCAA tourney this year?
Well.......

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »

If they manage to have an above .500 record in the ACC for once then sure, anything's possible.

On the other hand, I can never get tired of looking at this...
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
On the other hand, I can never get tired of looking at this...

Why, because Wisconsin is at no. 3/4?  :) Seriously, it was nice to see the Badgers beat OSU last night. The game wound up much closer than it should have been. UW's inability to hit free throws in the end and OSU's hot hand from 3 point range made for a nail-biter of an ending.
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:21:52 PM »

Always nice to see Ohio State's over-heralded freshmen get dealt another loss. Best team in the country? They're not even the best team in their own conference.

Even though I love seeing Carolina at No. 1, I still think that Florida is the best team in the country and has the best chance at winning the title.

And yeah, Bo Ryan might want to give the Badgers a little more free-throw practice. Okay, a LOT more free-throw practice.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:45:10 AM »

It's so frustrating to watch anybody play at Duke when the referees are always in K's pocket.  McReynolds must've elbowed about 3 Clemson players out of his way to the basket on separate occasions, but was never called for anything.  I counted 4 traveling violations never called on Duke last night as well.  Of course, the Duke players were allowed to bump and slap with impunity on defense as well, as per normal.

And that's not to mention the biggest travesty... Clemson finally ties the game on a fluke misplay by Duke that gifts them a 3 pointer... but the play is mis-timed.  Duke in-bounds the ball with 5.0 seconds.  The ball is thrown straight to a Clemson player standing at the 3 point line.... he catches it, in surprise, then squares up and buries a 3 to tie the game at 66.  However, when he catches it, the clock doesn't run.  The clock doesn't start to run until the ball is halfway to the basket.  Then, after it goes through, the clock continues to run when it should stop.  It stops at 1.8, which, to be fair, is about right since the clock didn't start upon being touched.  They go to the video, and reset the clock to 4.4 seconds, because that's where the clock would've stopped after the basket was made.  But they don't take into account the fact that the clock should've had at least 2 more seconds taken off it due to it failing to run immediately upon being touched.  Maybe about 2-3 seconds should've been left, if that much.

Needless to say, Duke hits a shot with 0.1 seconds left to win that they shouldn't even have had the opportunity to make thanks to the "impartial" clock operator and the "neutral" ACC refs.  What a fucking joke.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 07:51:40 AM »

yup, it was hard to watch the Puke Blue Devils steal another one..........
 :-(
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 07:52:46 AM »

This is why I refuse to watch games where Duke is playing, much less games were Duke is playing at home. It's bad for my health to do so.

I feel bad for Clemson getting screwed over like that, I really wish they would have won. The Duke clock operator is well-known for his "incompetency" (which I think is completely and totally on purpose). Look at the bright side - last year, Virginia Tech got sucker-punched like that against Duke, and this year they beat them.

I hope Duke fans get their heads out of their asses long enough to realise their team still isn't good. After the winless start, yes, they've won four straight, but those wins are against the 10th, 11th, and 12th-best teams in a 12-team conference; and the fourth was a game they were damn lucky to win.

I'm proud to say that I've never, ever been to Cameron Indoor Stadium in my life, and the only time I will ever go is if I'm operating the bulldozer than knocks that shithole down.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 07:54:29 AM »

Video evidence for those that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCiNWVxdCc

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »

Ack! Put an NSFW on that thing!

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 03:00:23 PM »

I hate Duke. I hate Duke. I hate Duke. I hate Duke. I hate Duke.
Well.......

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »

Not as much as I do...

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 05:56:41 PM »

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 12:50:12 PM »

Go Raiders!

Wright State's in for the first time since 1993.  \:D/
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

I hope the Raiders do some damage.  But realistically, Butler was worn out by the end of the season, and looked it.  WSU can look forward to a 12/13 seed (maybe even as high as a 10, considering they were red hot by season's end), but probably an early exit.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 02:34:19 PM »

Dayton hammers Charlotte in the A-10 opening round game... hopefully, they have one more win up their sleeves against hated rival Xavier in the A-10 Quarters tomorrow at noon.

Clemson also plays tomorrow at noon against Florida State in the ACC first round.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up