Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2006-2007  (Read 9929 times)

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
NCAA Basketball 2006-2007
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »

So... this one time... I'm driving home from work (down in Carthage/Elmwood Place) up I-75 (to M'town) and I look over and see my buddy Jason in the lane next to me.  Now... I know that Jason lives in Clifton, so it's shocking to see him driving my way as we leave work.  I wave, he waves and I must have a confused look on my face because he mouths something.  I've never been any good at that game... so I have no idea what he's mouthing.  So he leans over and rolls down his window (yes... the old days of rolling windows), I roll down mine and he yells

"WHITE SEAT!"  

Now this just confuses me.  I am not driving a car with white interior... nor is he.  I say

"WHAT?"

and he yells

"WHITE SEAT!"

At this point, I figure he's either drunk or retarded.  I'm like

"WHITE SEAT???"

to which he replies

"NO!!! WHITE SEAT!!!!"

Since that's exactly what I said, I'm still confused.  He yells

"NOT WHITE SEAT, YOU IDIOT! MY GIRLFRIEND GOES TO WRIGHT STATE! I'M GOING TO WRIGHT STATE!"
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 03:47:56 PM »

Wright State's motto:

Wright State, Wrong University.

GO RAIDERS!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

Time for our annual pick 'em at Yahoo:

Randomville
Group ID# 66932
Password: rville
also known as rcc94

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 09:08:40 PM »

That was quite an ending to the Miami game tonight!
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »

Oh hell yeah. Had something gone wrong, and Akron ended up winning that game, I would have been pissed.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »

Go Miami!!!!

(I have no fingernails left.)
also known as rcc94

rva

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 02:20:57 PM »

Jay Bilas discussing why Drexel's should not receive an at-large bid:

They lost to... William and Mary.   WILLIAM AND MARY?!?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »

Coming up in about ninety minutes: The highly-anticipated return of the Randomville Pick 5 NCAA Pool.

In other news, I think there's a very real possibility that Carolina will get a No. 2 seed and Miami will get a No. 15 seed. In which case, they could be drawn together in the first round for the first time since 1991 in Cincinnati. That will be fun.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »

Well, UNC got a #1. I don't think Miami will be a #16, so they'll have to meet in a later round.
also known as rcc94

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 06:13:55 PM »

Since when is Spokane, WA in the midwest - with Columbus, OH as the West at the same time? They should just name the brackets something like A, B, C, & D since geography apparently doesn't actually mean anything. (I know it's the pod thing, but still...)

At least I wasn't planning on going to the game.
also known as rcc94

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 07:06:32 PM »

The brackets are determined based on where the regional finals are being played (East=East Rutherford, South=San Antonio, Midwest=St. Louis, West=San Jose). For the past few years, they named them after those cities, but it proved to be an unpopular decision so they changed back. It's historical more than anything else.

rva

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 12:03:49 AM »

How the hell does Duke deserve a 6th seed for finishing and then losing in the first round of the ACC?  They aren't any good.  No one in the ACC fears them, no one is suprised when they lose.  I have no idea why everyone kisses their ass so much.

VCU won their conference title and the tournament and were clearly the best team in a conference that sent a team to the final four.  No one in the ACC made it past the round of sixteen, which should be a pretty good hint how badly the conference is overrated.  If you need more data, how about the fact that GMU knocked out the #3 ACC seed last year?  And for this VCU gets an #11 seed?

Ridiculous.  The only reason I'm not totally pissed off is because VCU probably should have been a 9 and Duke an 8, and they'd likely have ended up playing each other anyway.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 06:48:29 AM »

At least this way, when VCU beats Duke in the first round, they won't have to play a No. 1 seed in the second round. So there's another silver lining.

But yeah, Duke probably got the most generous seed in the field.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 07:39:51 AM »

VCU, coached by Dayton alum Anthony Grant.  Go Rams!

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 08:26:41 AM »

I wonder if the committee forgot that Jeff Capel isn't coaching VCU anymore?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up