Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2006-2007  (Read 10249 times)

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
NCAA Basketball 2006-2007
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 08:30:37 AM »

Can anyone clue me in as to why Memphis got a #2 seed?  They beat who?
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 08:49:56 AM »

Their 22 last opponents in a row?
also known as rcc94

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

Memphis torched C-USA this year.  The league was crap, but they took care of what they needed to.  You can't tell me Oregon, Pitt, TAMU, or Wash. St. deserved a 2 ahead of them, considering they haven't lost this calendar year.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »

Quote from: "Ella Minnow Pea"
Their 22 last opponents in a row?

Yeah.... obviously I haven't been in a cave... but WHO?

Lamar? Middle Tennessee? Austin Peay? UCF? Rice? UTEP? Southern Methodist?  UAB? The Freaking Bearcats (minus Huggs)?

Quote from: "Butter"
Memphis torched C-USA this year. The league was crap, but they took care of what they needed to. You can't tell me Oregon, Pitt, TAMU, or Wash. St. deserved a 2 ahead of them, considering they haven't lost this calendar year.

1-3 vs. any sort of real team...  I most certainly would take TAMU and Oregon... maybe even Maryland and Virginia.  I understand a long winning streak is important, but I think beating no one isn't worth a 2-seed.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »

Man, why do ND and Miami have to (potentially) square off against one another. My loyalties will be SOOOO divided!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 09:54:22 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Notre Dame's not going to make it past Winthrop.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 10:02:30 AM »

I don't even know if it's so much that Memphis just went unbeaten in their conference, but almost none of their games were close.

I'll give you that they didn't beat anybody, and I wouldn't want to pick them to get past round 2, but I do think they're seeded fairly.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »

I'm trying to get tickets to the games friday in Columbus.  Go Holy Cross!  If only the HC ticket office wasn't busy signals for the last 20 minutes...

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »

Since I mentioned Huggs in my previous post... I'm flat ticked off that Kansas State got snubbed because their schedule didn't include more southern division team wins (at least that's what I'm reading is the reason they were snubbed).  Jeez... you push and almost beat Kansas (two decently close calls this year) and Texas Tech gets in, but you don't and gets a 10 seed at that!

Kudos to Huggs on turning them around so quickly... even if they'll only be playing for 66th place and kudos again to Huggs for getting an insane recruit class coming in for next year.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 10:31:47 AM »

Quote from: "Poncho the Sane"
Since I mentioned Huggs in my previous post... I'm flat ticked off that Kansas State got snubbed because their schedule didn't include more southern division team wins (at least that's what I'm reading is the reason they were snubbed).

Don't even get me started on that.  It's not only a diss to K State, but the Big 12.

Oh...and if the committee had a clue they would realize that K-State doesn't HAVE a choice in how often they meet teams in the South div.  It's set up that you always play more teams in your own division.  So they were penalized for something they couldn't change.  Ridiculous.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 10:36:41 AM »

I was going to say, I thought you'd be happy K-State was on the outside looking in. I know I'd be happy if Duke had gotten left out. (Like that was ever going to happen - Duke could have had a worse record than Stanford and still gotten in.)
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

My co-worker still has Duke picked to win it all.  No matter what... Duke forever with that one.

I full-on expect KS to be a huge contender next year... the in-coming class should be great.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:30 AM »

Kansas State sure could've controlled that #200-something out of conference schedule Huggins tossed them.  They sure played some weak teams... in AND out of conference.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »

Quote from: "Jonathan"
I was going to say, I thought you'd be happy K-State was on the outside looking in.

Ultimately it's bad for the conference.  That said my hatred lies with Missouri (the 'Border War' as we call it) rather than K-State.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 11:28:27 AM »

Quote from: "kcneon"
Don't even get me started on that.  It's not only a diss to K State, but the Big 12.

Oh...and if the committee had a clue they would realize that K-State doesn't HAVE a choice in how often they meet teams in the South div.  It's set up that you always play more teams in your own division.  So they were penalized for something they couldn't change.  Ridiculous.

So replace "K-State" with "Mizzou" - still feel the same way?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up