Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007 Fall Season  (Read 16865 times)

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
2007 Fall Season
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:35:58 AM »

Now that the networks are announcing what's cancelled, what's coming back, and what's new, what are you most looking forward to?

I'm glad that "rules of engagement" will be back on CBS.

I'm interested in ABC's "women's murder club," based on the James Patterson series (1st to Die, 2nd Chance, 3rd Degree, 4th of July, The 5th Horseman, and The 6th Target). I've read all but #6.

I'm hoping the Grey's Anatomy spin off will die a quick death, even though I watch Grey's. 

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
Re: 2007 Fall Season
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »

Scrubs coming back! Yay!!!
Well.......

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »

I'm hoping the Grey's Anatomy spin off will die a quick death, even though I watch Grey's. 

Amen sista. If the spin-off works, I'll probably stop watching Grey's too--it's not the same without Addyson.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »

The article that Cuddly posted the other day mentions a Heroes spinoff.  The NBC site doesn't show it on the schedule at all.  I wonder if it's acutally going to happen?

Oh who am I kidding, it sounds like shit on a stick to me.  Getting the origins of the characters on the actual show might be interesting but I'd rather the writers do their own thing instead of writing for characters voted on by viewers.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 12:00:30 PM »

I wanna give the Grey's spinoff a chance.  I usually like Amy Brenneman and Tim Daly.  But Grey's will really suffer losing Addyson.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

It's not so much that there's a Heroes spinoff as it is that pretty much every new NBC show seems derivative of Herpes - sorry, Heroes in some way. Even Chuck was described as "My Name is Earl crossed with Heroes."

Since NBC is going so overboard with the supernatural, I've got no interest in them. Although I'm glad to see that Law & Order is back. And I find it interesting that this year, L&O: Criminal Intent episodes will be airing first on USA, and then on NBC.

(Side note: The "Herpes" thing wasn't intentional, I accidentally hit the p key instead of the o. But I liked the mistake so much I decided to keep it.)
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »

Wow, ABC's comedies will be hard to beat:

ABC also gave the go-ahead to "Cavemen," a comedy adapted from the Geico insurance commercials.

::)

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »

I had heard about that being in production, had no idea it'd ever be green-lighted.

ABC's shows, honestly, are the ones that most intrigue me, because some of my favorite actors are going to be in shows that sound interesting:

* Peter Krause in Dirty Sexy Money where he plays a lawyer for a bunch of rich, corrupt relatives.

* Johua Malina in Big Shots where he's one of four corporate execs, the type of people who might need the services of Peter Krause's character. Dylan McDermott is also in this show.

* Jonny Lee Miller and Victor Garber in Eli Stone. Sick Boy plays a lawyer (geez, another lawyer) who is either bat-shit insane, or a prophet. Interesting.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »

The article that Cuddly posted the other day mentions a Heroes spinoff.  The NBC site doesn't show it on the schedule at all.  I wonder if it's acutally going to happen?

Oh who am I kidding, it sounds like shit on a stick to me.  Getting the origins of the characters on the actual show might be interesting but I'd rather the writers do their own thing instead of writing for characters voted on by viewers.

That's the thing, if the rumors are true, they won't even be giving you backgrounds of characters on the show. They'll be for new characters and the audience chooses which one would appear in the new season. How lame is that? I think it's something that's in development but not to the point where they'd put it up on the schedule (if they're even going to go through with something like this).

NBC is grabbing at straws.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

NBC is going "Hey, we've got something that's a hit! Let's run it into the ground!"

Just like they always do.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »

That's what I was trying to say Cuddles, didn't do a very good job of it though, I see.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »

Sorry kwyj.

According to entertainment weekly the heroes spin off is in the works *shrug*

Is it me or does "Journeyman" kinda sound like quantum leap?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:49:33 PM by cuddlyevil »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »

What?  You were expecting originality?

With the newspaper angle I was thinking it sounded a lot like that show where the guy got the paper a day early.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 03:57:52 PM »

After they announced that they're remaking the bionic woman? Any hope for creativity/originality was lost at that moment.  :-\ It just struck me more than any of the other new stuff (which sounds god awful), do we need another dance competition? 

I'm wondering if they'll air the heroes spin-off while the regular season is on hiatus.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 11:55:05 AM »

What?  You were expecting originality?

With the newspaper angle I was thinking it sounded a lot like that show where the guy got the paper a day early.

Exactly...on both your comments, Kwyj.

From the article on CBS changes...this made me laugh today:
"Jericho" started out strong last fall for CBS. However, like "Lost" on ABC and "Heroes" on NBC, many viewers abandoned the show after it went on a long midseason hiatus.

Imagine media execs not 'getting it'.  Folks figured they'd just catch up when the season DVD comes out instead of letting the networks screw with them. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up