Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damages  (Read 2265 times)

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
Damages
« on: August 30, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »

The marathon's on Monday from 3-8PM. 

I hope you all can catch up on it and then we can talk about it!

Doug

Re: Damages
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:59:15 AM »

I've been watching.  I've seen the first 3 episodes and then our Tivo crashed and I missed the rest.  I'll have to set it up for the marathon.  Normally, I hate court drama type shows, but this one is really good.  More like a mystery.  I like how it's written....showing you the result and then working through the events that led to it.  Just makes me wonder though, is it just a one season show?  I mean, once they solve the mystery of what happened, where do they go from there?

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »

yeah, I've heard 2 things about how many seasons it's going to be- that it's going to be one season, or that they will do multiple seasons and focus on one case each season.  They have to do something good because The Shield is almost over! 

I have a hard time seeing how this could go more than one season and still keep their starring cast the same. 

Ted Danson is awesome as Arthur Frobisher.  He plays the jerk so well.

Glenn Close is really scary.  She knows everything and is really intimidating. 

I like how it's written too.  There are so many plot twists, and if it was more like Law & Order where everything happens in order, it wouldn't be quite as good.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »

I've been watching and am finally caught up.  Man, everybody in this show is great.

Couldn't believe the SEC guy turns out to be the guy that's been meeting with Frobisher all this time.  You had to wonder who the guy was, but I didn't expect that.

Did you catch the dad saying last night that he couldn't afford Ellen's bail because "of the settlement"... I guess that means he gets screwed on the case with his car accident.

Tom is a dirty character, I'm glad she's on to him now that she's in jail.  I'd love to know who she killed in Patty's apartment and why they're covering it up.

Frobisher said last night the Melina is definitely alive... but I don't remember SEC dude saying for sure that he hadn't been killed... did I just miss it?

I'm glad Patty has Larry, the rogue department rep, turned to her side now.

This show is a lot like The Sheild, in that there are no real good guys.  The guys that are doing the right thing, or so we think at least, are doing their thing by lying cheating, and I'd have to guess killing.  You want to think Ellen is good, but who knows what they end up talking her into.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »

I guess we stopped watching it.  I dunno'.  Kinda' got to the point with it where I was tired of it all and didn't have any personal investment in any of the characters.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »

It's always so wonderful to have your input, Cap'n Downer.

Doug

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 11:41:16 AM »

Not tryin' to bring you down...just tryng to back away from the conversation as gracefully as I can.  I'm not so good with the tact.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 03:02:51 PM »

Yeah, as soon as they said the meeting with the SEC guy had been moved up, I thought it was going to be that guy.  He said that he had a lot to lose too. 

Frobisher is a big baby.  He's naive, talking to Larry proved that, and he behaves like a little brat when he doesn't get his way.  Danson does a good job.  I almost feel bad for him sometimes, how stupid he is.

I felt bad for Ellen's family, but I have a suspicion that she is going to come out on top.  She's pretty composed.

I think Malina's dead, and Frobisher lied to Larry.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »

The final episode is going to be a shocker I think.  There were a few surprises in the last episode.  Anyone still watching?

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 12:39:49 PM »

I'm watching. 

I thought for sure that Patty had something to do with killing David and the attempted murder of Ellen, but I guess she wasn't even there.  I was also assuming that Ellen and David's breakup was a misunderstanding on David's part but she genuinely fucked it up and couldn't choose between him and the job.  That Lily girl is fucked up, does she work for someone, or is she really just a crazy stalker?

I wonder who cleaned up after Ellen killed Frobisher's hired hand?

Tom was genuinely out of the loop on all of this, I'm kind of surprised but also not surprised.  Knowledge is power and she seems to enjoy keeping him in his place.

If I had to make a prediction I'd have to guess that somehow Uncle Pete is going to turn out to be a bigger player than they've let on.  His relationship with Patty is awfully strange for someone that appears to just be kind of a gopher.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:59:10 PM »

yeah, I'm suspicious of uncle pete too.  Also, I can't believe the old lawyer guy appearred to rat ellen out to frobisher's hit men.  I also am a little suspicious of Patty's son- in the preview, her husband said something like "ellen saw you here" to her son.  Also, Lila is a psycho, and her leaving the door unlocked led to David's murder.  I wonder where David and Ellen's secret hiding place was- those guys couldnt find the tape when they tossed the apartment.

This show has not disappointed me.

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 02:34:19 PM »

Man I hope FX picks this up for another season.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »

I've been meaning to post, I didn't get to see the last episode until almost a week later.  The ending certainly didn't disappoint.

They definitely gave themselves a way to do another season.  I was hoping Ellen was going to agree to help bring Patty down.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »

"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 01:01:57 PM »

Sweet!
Pages: [1]   Go Up