Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007 Fall Season  (Read 16645 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
Re: 2007 Fall Season
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »

I think, after that 400th episode, they can safely put The Simpsons to bed now.

It was, in a word, underwhelming.

I missed most of the episode but that's what my husband said too. He was really disappointed in it, called it "not funny".
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 09:15:18 AM »

So (according to EW), "Studio 60" averaged 8.5 million viewers, whilst "Friday Night Lights" averaged 6.1 million viewers.

Consequently, NBC (No Bastard Clue) renew......... the show with fewer viewers.

That makes perfect sense and if was an advertiser at NBC I would doubtless see the decision as a good one.
Opulence. I has it.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »

Friday Night Lights is a good show...but then again, so was Studio 60.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »

Anybody see Studio 60 on Thursday?  It was... not good.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 10:38:12 AM »

It was weird...no Matt or Danny. What's up with that?
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »

I was actually glad to not have their respective, goofy, uninteresting, love lives crammed in my face.  I personally would much prefer the show to be about the show within the show, they just didn't do it well this time.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »

I've got it recorded, just haven't watched it yet. No Matt or Danny? Ummmm...

dufferton

• Summer Resident
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »

I am glad How I Met Your Mother is coming back on. I don't know how I feel about the BIG BANG THEORY. too much of a really bad clique to me.

Now just because JERICHO is not on the line up doesn't mean it is over. They could bring it back Mid-season. They do that sometimes but don't tell you just to mess with you. They have a few shows that are listed as "coming back mid-season" but really I think they have more stored up for when one of their new shows, i.e. BIG BANG THEORY, bombs.

So maybe all you JERICHO fans won't have to be too disappointed.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 09:39:35 PM »

Usually they're pretty up front about what is coming back as a mid-season replacement. They don't really purposely hold back information just to "mess with" viewers. Because that also messes with advertisers, and that's just bad business.

dufferton

• Summer Resident
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 10:29:06 PM »

Maybe the mid-season replacements have not been chosen. I can't see only three shows coming back mid-season. But then again what do I know.
And how does it work with new shows that start in the "mid season"? That they have the pilots all ready but are not sure if they want to try them out just yet?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »

Some pilots get picked up but are told they will be mid-season replacements because there's no room for them on the schedule at this time. Other MSRs come from shows that haven't been pitched yet, but will be in the fall.

One of the dangers of announcing that a show has been cancelled is that the actors will then go an attach themselves to other projects (because they like to work - funny, that). So you basically make everyone on a show a "free agent" and it's damn near impossible to get them back together.

dufferton

• Summer Resident
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »

Some pilots get picked up but are told they will be mid-season replacements because there's no room for them on the schedule at this time. Other MSRs come from shows that haven't been pitched yet, but will be in the fall.

One of the dangers of announcing that a show has been cancelled is that the actors will then go an attach themselves to other projects (because they like to work - funny, that). So you basically make everyone on a show a "free agent" and it's damn near impossible to get them back together.

Yeah geesh. Picky actors. What do they need money for? To eat! HA! I have always said that actors are servers because they get at least one free meal a day!
Which I also know is not true but still. Being a server does give you a more flexible schedule to audition.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »

Sweet!

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:42 AM »

And salty!

(Assuming they were honey-roasted peanuts, of course. Mmm....honey-roasted peanuts...)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up