Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007 Fall Season  (Read 18297 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
Re: 2007 Fall Season
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2007, 11:08:03 AM »

I caught the tail end of big bang theory, it looks like it's got potential.

The how i met your mother premiere was great, a perfect set-up for the season. I can't wait for the unit's premiere tonight!
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2007, 06:29:17 PM »

I'll give The Big Bang Theory a couple more episodes before I pitch it altogether, but I thought they were trying a little too hard to be "quirky".... or should that be "nerdy"?  A common theme among Chuck Lorre shows, I find.  It wore me out with Two and a Half Men, although I always did like Dharma and Greg.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »

Did anybody watch Reaper on CW?  It got a few laughs from us.  It's kind of like Joan of Arcadia except with the Devil instead of God.  The first one was directed by Kevin Smith which didn't really help or hurt it I don't think.

The lead character, Sam, was also Sam in The Loop which Fox screwed around with for a couple of seasons and finally canceled.  A very funny show that deserved better.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »

Watched my DVR of The Big Bang Theory and I agree... it was just TOO quirky/nerd to maintain any level of consistant funny.  They were really trying too hard.

There's just something jacked up about that Kaley Cuoco, too.  I have never been able to put it in words... but there is just something jacked up about her.  She's just not nearly as attractive as "they" want you to believe she is.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »

Kwyj,  I caught most of Reaper and was pretty disappointed.  I probably had too high an expectation when I heard Tyler Labine was cast.  Something just felt missing - I'm not sure what.  On the other hand, I thought Chuck was going to be a bomb and I enjoyed the whole ride right down to their music choices. 

Speaking of music choices....how lame were the tracks for Reaper?  ...as long as it mentions 'devil' in the title!   ::)

Megs79

• Lunchlady Arms
  • City Elder
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »

Anybody catch Cane?  that looks promising.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »

I watched a DVR of Journeyman last night.

Gaping plot holes that you could drive a Mack truck through in this time travel show.  The presently dead girfriend is hawt.  The wife is pretty nice except for her balloon lips.

Bonus points were noted for having both the wife and the dead girlfriend (back when she was alive) in their bra/panties.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »

We watched Cane, the wife liked it, I hated it.  Whoever said that it was like Dallas meets the Sopranos was pretty much dead on.  Too much Dallas for my tastes though.

How about Dirty, Sexy Money?  Anybody else catch it?  We DVR'd it and watched some of it this morning.  I really like it, but then I really like Peter Krause.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »

The Office and My Name Is Earl premieres are on tonight! One hour episodes each!
Well.......

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:44 PM »

30 Rock will be back after Earl and Office go back to 30 minutes, won't it?  I really didn't expect anything out of that show but damn did it turn out to be funny.

redbobsled

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire!
  • City Elder
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »

Last night we watched our Tivo-ed Bionic Woman.  It started out really strong with interesting characters, but then quickly devolved into a sort of boring, generic action show. 

I think the turning point from good to bad came in a completely heavy-handed and useless scene that should have been left on the cutting room floor.  If you saw it, you know the one.  The little girl in the car with her mom talking about essentially, girl power.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2007, 08:21:57 AM »

The big news here is that a lot more shows are going to be aired at the same time as they are in the US. Last year, Jericho was the only one. This year, we're getting House, The Bionic Woman, Prison Break, Heroes, and Life.

Of course, I don't give a shit about Heroes or Prison Break. But I do like House, and I'm curious to see Life because it stars Damian Lewis. I guess I'll have to wait patiently for the rest of the shows.

I've started to get into My Name is Earl now that I'm away from all the rednecks and kinda miss them. Kinda.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2007, 11:04:08 AM »

Chuck = Pants (lasted 10 minutes before canning it)
Journeyman = Pants (15 minutes)
The Office = Magnificent

Thanks to a free weekend from Showtime we did watch - for the first time - an episode from "Weeds". Fucking excellent. Drugs, full frontal nudity, swearing, sexy sassiness....... why have I never watched this show before???
Opulence. I has it.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »

Chuck has potential.  It wasn't great, but wasn't horrible either.  I'll give it another few eps to see how it goes.

The Big Bang Theory is a hard one to call.  There were a couple points that actually had me laughing out loud (like the response to "I'm a sagitarius.  That probably tells you more than you need to know"), but overall I didn't think it was great.  I have a feeling that it will be a mediocre show with spots of brilliance.

I still haven't gotten around to watching Reaper.

And was I the only one extremely disappointed with the Family Guy premier?  It just wasn't that funny.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »

Watched the DVR of Bionic Woman... I'm on the fence.  Loved the cat fights scenes.  That bad girl Sara is niiice.  The main girl seems engaging and pretty "normal" in her background... which is nice. 

As stated before... some things were a little TWO convenient and typical for an action show.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up