Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 108 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
NFL 2014
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »

Let's get this started now.

I think the Michael Sam news is exciting, although I also think he'll drop in the draft. I mean, Jason Collins hasn't been picked up by any NBA teams yet and he, statistically, is still a quality NBA player. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Sam.

dirk

• City Elder
Re: NFL 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

I think he will definitely drop because teams know that some teams won't take him, so they will let him sit a little longer and take someone who is in higher demand. I also think he will definitely be taken.  The NFL will make sure of that. I imagine they already sent an email to every team saying "Someone better draft him or there will be hell to pay". But my guess is that instead of the first three rounds he'll go closer to round 5. Unless some team wants to make a statement and draft him really early (say the Vikings who could use the good PR).
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

jcarwash31

• Citizen
    • The Big Stuff Project
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

The Vikings are often hurting for good PR. Considering they retained Preifer, it might not be a bad idea to draft Sam. Besides, it's my understanding (I don't follow college football closely) that Sam is definitely a pro talent and the Vikings have a lot of holes to fill.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »

The NFL is hoping to penalize players if they use racially insensitive pejoratives like the "N" word or Redskin.

Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »

I think the Michael Sam news is exciting, although I also think he'll drop in the draft. I mean, Jason Collins hasn't been picked up by any NBA teams yet and he, statistically, is still a quality NBA player. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Sam.
So what do you make of him dropping all the way to the 7th round in the draft?

Totally aside, I happen to be in NY last weekend when the draft took place. Had a fleeting thought of dropping by Radio City Music Hall to catch some of it, just for the heck of it. Fuggetaboutit!! It was pandemonium around there the whole time. No chance to get inside.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »

I guess I had just known that he was a projected 3rd or 4th rounder. I didn't know that he was trying to switch from a DE to an OLB, which apparently hurt his stock. Or so the writers say.

I hope he didn't drop because of his sexual orientation, but we'll never really know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up