Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: All-new NHL thread  (Read 23759 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: All-new NHL thread
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »

The Blackhawks got that second goal against the run of play.  That was a pretty even game overall.  But at that exact time, it really looked like the Bruins were starting to take control and then Kane scored.  If they had scored instead of the Blackhawks, which at the time the play kind of warranted, they would have won.  Plus they lost Bergeron.

Maybe that's why Patrick Kane is good but I dunno, it still feels like both the Blackhawks goals were... not saying lucky per se... but just as easily could not have been goals had the puck not bounced a certain way.

The Blackhawks will take more shots than the Bruins, the Bruins will dish out more hits which is what happened tonight and both teams played their gameplan that way.  Crawford was good tonight, hopefully that continues.  I realize he got beaten glove side again, but that was a cannon.  Good shot, rather than bad goaltending.

If Bergeron is out and Toews is in, Blackhawks win.  If Bergeron is in and Toews is out, I feel like Bruins win.  If both are out, I think the Blackhawks win.  Partly because they are up 3-2, and partly because I think Bergeron is a little more important to the Bruins than Toews is to the Blackhawks.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:10:56 AM by Zafer Kaya »

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »

Helluva Finals.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2013, 08:03:36 AM »

Poor Roberto Luongo can't catch a freaking break. He's got a stupid, insane contract that he can't get out of (and no one wants to buy him out of)... he spent this season as the back-up and was largely forgotten. The management did everything to break him in every way possible and then promote him back to starter while saying that "there's no fences that need mending"? Good god. His therapy bills have to take up nearly every cent of that paycheck.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »

Yeah, but if he's got an insane contract (and I am assuming insane means "overpaid") then he's happy that he's making bank.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »

Yeah, but if he's got an insane contract (and I am assuming insane means "overpaid") then he's happy that he's making bank.
Oh yeah, overpaid. 7-years at $64-ish million... it's too long and too expensive. Even he says it's a stupid contract.

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »

Oh yeah, overpaid. 7-years at $64-ish million... it's too long and too expensive. Even he says it's a stupid contract.
Luongo has always been a bit of a headcase. Maybe that's a bit of a harsh description. He's a sensitive guy. He's never done well in pressure situations and doesn't do well in adversity even going back to when he was first being shopped by Florida and was super upset because he would have to move his new family. I've seen how crazy the media is in Van and the best thing that could have happened to him was to take the Horton route and find a market where he could disappear, like, I don't know, the Florida Panthers maybe? But like you mentioned, that contract is a killer that just won't allow that to happen.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »

Luongo has always been a bit of a headcase. Maybe that's a bit of a harsh description. He's a sensitive guy. He's never done well in pressure situations and doesn't do well in adversity even going back to when he was first being shopped by Florida and was super upset because he would have to move his new family. I've seen how crazy the media is in Van and the best thing that could have happened to him was to take the Horton route and find a market where he could disappear, like, I don't know, the Florida Panthers maybe? But like you mentioned, that contract is a killer that just won't allow that to happen.
Yep. Ain't no team in the land who will buy out that contract. At least, not in a market where he can blend into the woodwork and disappear.

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »

Great quote from Joe Thornton about Hertl's 4 goals including the between the legs goal:

ďIf I scored four goals Iíd have my cock out. Iíd have my cock out, stroking it,Ē

Better line from Pierre LeBrun during heated discussion if quote should have been published:

"I just hope Thornton doesn't score 4 goals"

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #203 on: October 24, 2013, 06:34:38 AM »

Dear Sabres,

What. The. Fuck.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »

I can't muster up any enthusiasm for hockey at all this year.  I look at the standings and it's like

Western Conference:

Central
Astros
Blackhawks
Blues
Astros
Astros
Astros
Astros

Pacific
Astros
Astros
Astros
Astros
Astros
Calgary
Edmonton

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »

Dear Sabres,

What. The. Fuck.
From the BACKHAND SHELF blog:
1. Could the Buffalo Sabres go down as the worst team in NHL history? Itís not as long of a shot as you may think. The 1974-75 Washington Capitals finished with 21 points in an 80-game season. In 1992-93, the Ottawa Senators and San Jose Sharks accumulated 24 points during an 84-game season. None of those three teams had the benefit of earning a point just for reaching overtime. The Capitals wouldnít have benefited, as overtime for regular-season games didnít return to existence until 1983-84. The Senators lost in overtime six times; the Sharks lost in overtime five times. The 2013-14 Sabres (2-12-1) have five points in 15 games, which puts them on pace for 27.3 points in 82 games. That doesnít take into account that they will play their final 69 games without Thomas Vanek and will eventually dump Ryan Miller before the trade deadline and perhaps even Matt Moulson. It would take a whole lot of futility for the Sabres to sink to the level of the í74-75 Capitals, but itís within the realm of possibility as we exit October.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »

Dear Sabres,

What. The. Fuck.
From the BACKHAND SHELF blog:
1. Could the Buffalo Sabres go down as the worst team in NHL history? Itís not as long of a shot as you may think. The 1974-75 Washington Capitals finished with 21 points in an 80-game season. In 1992-93, the Ottawa Senators and San Jose Sharks accumulated 24 points during an 84-game season. None of those three teams had the benefit of earning a point just for reaching overtime. The Capitals wouldnít have benefited, as overtime for regular-season games didnít return to existence until 1983-84. The Senators lost in overtime six times; the Sharks lost in overtime five times. The 2013-14 Sabres (2-12-1) have five points in 15 games, which puts them on pace for 27.3 points in 82 games. That doesnít take into account that they will play their final 69 games without Thomas Vanek and will eventually dump Ryan Miller before the trade deadline and perhaps even Matt Moulson. It would take a whole lot of futility for the Sabres to sink to the level of the í74-75 Capitals, but itís within the realm of possibility as we exit October.
Buffalo fans usually only throw batteries at opposing teams at Bills' games. However, they may start to bring duracells to the Sabres games. Good lord... just a bloody mess.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2014, 11:29:13 PM »

Caught parts of game 7 of the Pens-Rangers and Canadiens-Bruins games on TV the last 2 nights. Wow, that was thrilling. I didn't root for any of these teams, but the desperation setting in towards the end of those games for the Pen and Bruins made for some super-exciting TV viewing.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up