Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A note to the general public on Being a Cubs fan  (Read 4642 times)

rva

Re: A note to the general public on Being a Cubs fan
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »

Yeah, you're right.  It was the first base coach, not the first base ump.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »

Man, I miss everything. I hadn't heard about the Royals/White Sox thing either. Crazy.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »

That was about three or four years ago.

Although the way they're playing this year...bleh.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 10:03:19 AM »

It looked like it was going to be deja vu all over again for the Cubs last night!
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

rva

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 10:33:38 AM »

The difference is Marmol is actually good.  I was getting a little nervous there, but it's not like when I see the Howry/Eyre combination come in and I'm just like "oh, this game is over."  A few of those hits were lucky and that bunt was just perfectly laid down, not really the pitcher's fault.  He k'ed two batters in a row when he needed to.

Big four game series coming up, mik.  Cubs could go over .500 and shrink the lead down to 3.5 games.  Or they could fall behind by double-digits.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 11:35:12 AM »

Yup, Marmol threw a few nasty sliders. He pitched well against the meat of the Rockies order.

I think that it is only a 3 game series (Fri, Sat, Sun), but big indeed. The time of the Saturday game has been moved back to make it the game of the week on Fox. So, there will be a national audience. Hopefully at least one of the other games will be on WGN.

I just hope the Brewers keep hitting the way they have been. They had 9 runs in an inning last night including Estrada's first grand slam of his career. Hart, Hardy, Braun, and Fielder are about as good as it gets for a 1 thru 4 line-up at the plate. I just hope the Brewers don't choke this weekend because it really is a big series. 

One of us will be feeling pretty good about things come Monday.................
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up