Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Open Letter to Todd Coffey  (Read 9678 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: An Open Letter to Todd Coffey
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 08:40:07 AM »

Dear Todd Coffey,

I'm not going to lie.  Seeing you blow it for another team is way better than seeing you blow it for my team.

There by the grace of Godily,
FG

PS: Sorry Mik.  In a perfect world, he'd be giving up runs for the Cards or Astros.

We were delighted when the Brewers put him on the mound! We only wish they'd kept him in longer. Sorry Mik x2.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Gigabiteme

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 09:20:46 AM »

Dear Todd Coffey,

I'm not going to lie.  Seeing you blow it for another team is way better than seeing you blow it for my team.

There by the grace of Godily,
FG

PS: Sorry Mik.  In a perfect world, he'd be giving up runs for the Cards or Astros.

Hearts

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »

That is one of the glaring differences between the Reds and Brewers this year - the Reds can bring a flamethrower like Chapman out of the bullpen and Brewers trot out Coffey who you know is going to get spanked, the only question is how bad.

Coffey actually did pretty well his first partial season with the Brewers but hes done nothing but sucked since then. Hopefully it is time for him to start getting shelled while on the mound for the Cubs or Astros...
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Gigabiteme

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »

Aroldis Chapman isn't human.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 09:52:46 AM »

He's human and will more than likely develop into a pretty impressive pitcher.  But, he's very young and still very green, so he's going to eventually get knocked around a bit.  I wondering right know how much of his performance is because he is just that good or if batters have never seen him before and the mystique of a 103 mph fireballer gets in the opposition's head.  Most likely something in the middle. 

Either way, if the Reds are to make the playoffs, it would serve Dusty well not to use him too much, especially against San Diego (a possible post-season match-up assuming they start winning again.)  I'd much rather him be an unknown to the guys in the other uniform.   
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 02:43:43 PM »

Chapman is going to blowout his arm.
Then he's going to come back and "only" pitch 94.
But then his mystique will be gone, and since he apparently throws 70% fastballs, he won't have anything left.

rva

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »

Chapman's mechanics are inconsistent, but he doesn't have the "inverted W" that Strasburg and Prior had or anything like that.

Also, Chapman's slider is nasty.  He just can't control it that well quite yet.  The slider is his out pitch, the 100 mph heater just sets the batters up.  There are plenty of great pitchers who throw 60-70%94 mph fastballs, a slider as an out pitch and a good changeup.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 10:40:35 AM »

Well, Coffey did it again. Yesterday he gave up a grand slam to Molina in what was an otherwise close game. Sorry Reds fans...........

rva

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 01:01:29 PM »

Yeah, that sucked.  I have Gallardo on my fantasy team.  That's maybe the one time in the last 4 or 5 starts he hasn't been horrible. 

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2010, 09:29:53 AM »

Top to bottom the Brewers pitching staff has been disappointing this year. The only bright spot is seeing Hoffman get save #600. But that came much later in the season than it should have. Blown saves early in the season are a big part of why they are where they are.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »

Coffey has signed with the Nationals for 2011. I'm just glad he won't be stinking it up for the Brewers!!!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »

But he will still be in the NL, so good news there.

rva

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »

I dunno, man.  Francisco Cordero was starting to look disconcertingly Coffey-esque the second half of last season.

Of course, who am I to talk?   One day soon, batters will figure out to not to even bother swinging at anything Marmol throws because 1)  He can't get it over the plate and 2) You have no chance of hitting it anyway.  And then instead of averaging 16K/9 and 6 BB/9, it'll be 16BB/9 and 6K.  Which is not very good. 

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »

Of course, who am I to talk?   One day soon, batters will figure out to not to even bother swinging at anything Marmol throws because 1)  He can't get it over the plate and 2) You have no chance of hitting it anyway.  And then instead of averaging 16K/9 and 6 BB/9, it'll be 16BB/9 and 6K.  Which is not very good. 

The couple of times Marmol pitched against the Reds, I cursed the TV every time they swung.  Just don't swing and he will walk the ballpark.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »

Next to Danny Graves, Todd Coffey is most most disliked former Red.  I'm sure he's a swell guy in real life, but he hasn't been a Red in a long time and I still want to see him zapped with a laser each time he does that ridiculous sprint thing.  And I can easily envision a time in the future where seeing Cordero, as CR puts it, "wank the midget" will send me into fits of rage.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up