Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinci Masters Tourney Photos  (Read 1512 times)

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:11:00 PM by whigsgeek »
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
Re: Cinci Masters Tourney Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »

Those are really great Whigs. The more I pay attention to him, the more impressed I am with Federer off the court as well as on. He seems like just a really nice guy who happens to kick ass at tennis. Though, they kept showing his girlfriend on tv during the finals and she a) looked bored and b) had one huge freakin' rock on her finger--they sure she's just his girlfriend?
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »

Those are really great pictures! I really enjoyed the photos of Federer and Blake!
Well.......

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »

Thanks, cuddly and CF! The water bottle you see under Blake's chair as he's sitting post-practice is now enshrined in my office. :angel:
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:44:36 AM »

If Federer's so great, how come he hasn't won a grand slam?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 11:05:56 AM »

Seriously. Until he actually does something on clay instead of making an ashtray or a pot, I'm not going to rate him as the greatest of all time like some sportswriters are happy to do...
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »

yeah, really cool, WS! i really miss going to the cincy tourney, which has always been one of my favorite summertime things to do.

on different topic... as far as federer winning a grand slam goes... i guess you guys also think sampras, mcenroe, connors and borg were also not "great", too, because none of them ever won a grand slam? that's just crazytalk.

i think federer's definitely the greatest player of all time. he's in the same position as tiger woods... he's still got a few years left he needs to play to get all of the records, but he's still the best ever. federer has a streak of 9 consecutive grand slam finals going, which is the most consecutive ever, and i'll be really surprised if he doesn't continue that at the US open this year. that ain't too bad.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:44:18 AM »

on different topic... as far as federer winning a grand slam goes... i guess you guys also think sampras, mcenroe, connors and borg were also not "great", too, because none of them ever won a grand slam? that's just crazytalk.

Never said he wasn't great, just not the greatest of all time. Nor do I think that Sampras, McEnroe, Connors or Borg were the greatest, either. The answer to that question, my friend, is Rod Laver.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »

You just love Aussies.  That comparison is blinded by your bias.

:p

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »

rod laver would get straight-setted by federer. maybe it's not fair to say that since they're from different eras, but it's still true. the rocket was definitely an all-time great, but the field was so so so much thinner than it is today, his two grand-slam are the equivalent of the baseball players who hit over .400 back in the 1910-25 era. federer's the best. i don't even particularly like the guy, but there's no question he's evolved the game to something new.
Pages: [1]   Go Up