Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: so, what radio station should i listen to?  (Read 10356 times)

frizgolf

• City Elder
Re: so, what radio station should i listen to?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2016, 01:14:30 PM »

Listen to BAGeL radio. They're on SOMA FM.
The dude who curates it used to publish the Bay Area Gig email List and was Frisco-area famous for his excellent playlists/mix tapes.
Good stuff. Kinda gives my old woxy jones a juice.
What we learn after we know it all is what counts.

The Ugly Thief

• Summer Resident
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2016, 05:30:25 PM »

The Independent FM

I just started listening to them in the past couple months and they are the closest I have ever come to hearing something comparable to WOXY.

Outstanding brand new releases as well as material from the past 5-10yrs ; and then some older classics sprinkled in every once in a while.

http://theindependent.fm/

I think their playlists are on there somewhere.

Mo Herms knows her stuff. Very cool.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2016, 08:38:08 AM »

The Independent FM

I just started listening to them in the past couple months and they are the closest I have ever come to hearing something comparable to WOXY.

Outstanding brand new releases as well as material from the past 5-10yrs ; and then some older classics sprinkled in every once in a while.

http://theindependent.fm/

I think their playlists are on there somewhere.

Mo Herms knows her stuff. Very cool.
Thanks for the recommendation! Wish it wasn't blocked here so that I could give it an immediate spin.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

The Ugly Thief

• Summer Resident
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »

Thanks for the recommendation! Wish it wasn't blocked here so that I could give it an immediate spin.

It's blocked at my office as well. Download the TuneIn Radio app and listen to it on your phone. That's how I listen to them.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »

Tried out the Independent for the last week or so, and I have to say I am rather enjoying it.  It's not perfect... nothing is.  But it's pretty close.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2020, 08:31:10 PM »

WFMU wake and bake with clay pigeon. 6am-9am mon-fri....or stream older shows anytime.

been on this train for a bit and love it. the guy has a touch of dr. demento with a skit here and there....weird news...haz mat reports....crazy classifieds......animal features......today in history....artists of the week (recently, public enemy, t-rex, aretha franklin, todd rundgren, etc) and gobs of musical knowledge. you will hear everything from wire, x, ramones, to isley brothers, neil young, the monkees....80's synth and early 90's rap.........it's all over the map but nothing sucks.

not a place to hear a lot of brand new stuff......there are a few thrown in a week, but it's just an interesting mix with a very funny, likable vibe.

https://wfmu.org/playlists/WA

bongo hard or bongo home
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up