Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 245   Go Down

Author Topic: Random music thoughts  (Read 264581 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Random music thoughts
« Reply #3585 on: February 21, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »

Adams' marriage to Mandy Moore (MANDY MOORE!) was the strangest thing, and it never felt "right", I mean, c'mon!

I am not surprised by these allegations, to be honest. And probably a lot more "rich/celebrity white males", in the music business or otherwise, are in the same boat but we just haven't heard about it.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #3586 on: March 31, 2019, 01:40:57 AM »

folks, as a WOXY fan, i haven't got any new music in quite some time. seems like i need some new tunes.

any reccomendations?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3587 on: March 31, 2019, 10:32:29 PM »

folks, as a WOXY fan, i haven't got any new music in quite some time. seems like i need some new tunes.

any reccomendations?
I'm in the same boat. These days I ask my daughter (of Leggy) for ideas/recommendations. Of course, those tend to be in the "pop-punk subculture" that she thrives in. Not sure if that is your thing. If so, let me know and I'll share some thoughts.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3588 on: April 01, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »

I use three locations, mostly:

1) Our own Spotify playlists. https://open.spotify.com/user/misskitty614/playlist/78USZCNEcuGfL1b9i9whso?si=w2HvdbBES66N10BszBlSaQ is the latest.
2) Spotify's own Release Radar playlist that they make for me, plus a few of their other playlists
3) Inhailer radio

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3589 on: April 01, 2019, 04:08:46 PM »

1) Our own Spotify playlists. https://open.spotify.com/user/misskitty614/playlist/78USZCNEcuGfL1b9i9whso?si=w2HvdbBES66N10BszBlSaQ is the latest.
2) Spotify's own Release Radar playlist that they make for me, plus a few of their other playlists
3) Inhailer radio

Yay!

Me too.

And for those interested, Inhailer got a nice write-up in the April edition of Cincinnati Magazine.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #3590 on: April 02, 2019, 07:14:33 AM »

3) Inhailer radio

Thirded

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3591 on: April 02, 2019, 09:06:27 AM »

You can stream Inhailer via the website to check it out, and if you like what you hear you can download the app, which is available for Android and iOS. It's free.

The station streams 24/7 with DJs during the day and automation overnight. Tayfo is on from 7-11 a.m. Tues-Fri and I am on from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sat-Sun.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3592 on: April 02, 2019, 12:51:35 PM »

I also listen WFUV (Fordham radio) when I'm driving around town. That's rare, but it does happen from time to time.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3593 on: April 02, 2019, 04:07:31 PM »

I just listen to Sirius XM in the car. So what's new in indie music is that Thanos has winnowed the indie rock universe down to Kurt Vile and Jenny Lewis. 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3594 on: April 04, 2019, 04:29:01 PM »

Trying to figure out of Aldous Harding is actually some elaborate put-on or if she really is this impossibly annoying.  And also if it's possible both things can be true at once.

I heard The Barrel and some Sylvan Esso song back-to-back and when the Sylvan Esso song came on, I was like "FUCK YEAH!  Sylvan Esso!"  That's how much I hate Aldous Harding.  And then the Conor Oberst/Phoebe Bridger song came on and I was like "FUCK YEAH!  CONOR OBERST!"  So that's how much I hate Sylvan Esso.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #3595 on: April 04, 2019, 10:15:18 PM »

listened to an older conor oberst cd the other day.  hasn't aged well.  his voice is started to bother me.  same with colin meloy.  wife said her coworker was going to one of his shows in nashville and wasn't thrilled about the prospect.  although he calls them community events instead of concerts.  but they are concerts.  from what i gather

at home i've just been listening to classical music and haven't really cared to turn it off.  waiting for the new ryan adams to come out 
poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3596 on: April 04, 2019, 10:37:28 PM »

at home i've just been listening to classical music and haven't really cared to turn it off.  waiting for the new ryan adams to come out
Some months ago I've switched to WGUC (the classical music station) in my car, away from WVXU (the NPR station), just tired and worn out of all of the political shit with Trump and Washington. I of course love classical music, and this has been a great move (for me).

As to that new Ryan Adams album you are waiting on... it'll be a while:

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/ryan-adams-album-release-canceled-amp-company-1203140702/

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #3597 on: April 05, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »

What I've learned from SiriusXMU is that Ty Segall, Kurt Vile, and Courtney Barnett collectively put out a new album every other week.  And I don't like a fuckin' one of 'em.  They are playing the new Foals a lot though, so I'll allow it.

Conor Oberst and Colin Meloy have always grated.  On rare occasions, I'm able to overlook Meloy's voice because the songwriting is actually good and catchy.  But usually not.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:25:50 AM by Butter »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #3598 on: April 05, 2019, 09:59:15 AM »

I have maybe 10 or 12 XM stations programmed to my presets and that's what it takes to find something I can stand to listen to about 75% of the time.  And that's with the majority of my presets being the 70s, 80s, and 90s channels, Lithium (which is basically my CD collection pre-2000 on shuffle), and The Beatles channel.  I rarely, if ever, light on XMU or AltNation for more than one song.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3599 on: April 05, 2019, 02:56:32 PM »

I was so happy when Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett put out that joint album awhile back, because I felt like this might keep them from releasing their own albums for a bit and SiriusXM could their Vile/Barnett payola in one song now.

But nope, they were still playing War on Drugs, Vile and Barnett as much as ever.  They just threw the new stuff in on top of that.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 245   Go Up