Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 245   Go Down

Author Topic: Random music thoughts  (Read 275365 times)

rva

Re: Random music thoughts
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »

The Hives are always good.  I keep meaning to listen to that, but everytime I go to Luisterpaal I get distracted by Einsturzende Neubauten and The Sugarettes. 

That The Sugarettes album is really good.  It's like Blondie meets Garbage meets Jesus and Mary Chain. 

IPrayForTang

• On my way to a nut flush!
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »

The Hives are always good.  I keep meaning to listen to that 
Stop getting distracted and listen to Return The Favour.  I'm determined to have other people agree with me that this song is effing amazing.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »

May be too 'old school' for many people here, but the new John Fogerty album is a reminder of just how good a tunesmith and rocker he really is.

I'm digging the new Bruce album too. Why the fuck does he ever bother doing albums without the E-Street band?
Opulence. I has it.

IPrayForTang

• City Elder
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »

May be too 'old school' for many people here, but the new John Fogerty album is a reminder of just how good a tunesmith and rocker he really is.

I'm digging the new Bruce album too. Why the fuck does he ever bother doing albums without the E-Street band?
That Bruce album, while enjoyable, feels a lot forced, especially vocally/lyrically.  The last one was so much better.  The new J-Fog album is something that I want to get into but haven't been able to yet.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »

Who cares...good music is good music.  I'll take that recommendation and check it out.  Along those lines I am loving Ian Hunter's latest album, Shrunken Heads. 

rva

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 11:08:32 AM »

Stop getting distracted and listen to Return The Favour.  I'm determined to have other people agree with me that this song is effing amazing.

I listened to it right after I posted, jackass. ;D

It's pretty impressive.  The first half is kind of The Hives doing what The Hives do really well.  The second half has a lot of stuff that branches out in somewhat unexpected ways.

What's cool about it though, is that it doesn't feel different.  For the first 5 seconds you're like "Huh.  This is different."  But by the end of the song, it just sounds like The Hives.  They've expanded their sound a lot more than I thought possible without ever making it feel like a shift.  It sounds like they've been doing this all along.  For all I know they have been, they just didn't release it.

Return the Favour is pretty amazing.  Although I think You Dress Up for Armageddon might be even better.  It's close.

IPrayForTang

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »

Yeah, that's one of the 3 or 4 songs that convince me that the album is amazing.

IPrayForTang

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »

Also, I should stop saying "amazing".

rva

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2007, 11:16:15 AM »

The only thing I've heard off the new album is "Creedence Song," and it makes me want to punch him in the nuts.  He wrote a CCR-sounding song, explicitly references CCR in the lyrics, calls it "Creedence Song" and puts it on an album called "Revival."

That said, it was classic Fogerty.  You know what you're going to get, but I can't see anyone who likes CCR disliking the album.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »

Yeah, I think you rubbed off of me as I used that word a couple times in my BRMC concert post on WOXY.  I'm going to blame you anyway!!

IPrayForTang

• City Elder
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2007, 11:28:07 AM »

Yeah, I think you rubbed off of me as I used that word a couple times in my BRMC concert post on WOXY.  I'm going to blame you anyway!!

HAHA!  I have ruined everything!

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:36 AM »

Amen, brother. The new record is fantastic. IMHO, "Last to Die" is one of the best anti-war songs ever.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2007, 01:04:13 PM »

I'm digging the new Bruce, too, though I agree that some of it feels forced. Fave tracks: Your Own Worst Enemy, Girls in Their Summer Clothes, Last to Die.

Got the new Rilo Kiley, too, and while it probably won't be in the listening rotation as often as TEOAT or More Adventurous, I still dig it.

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2007, 01:42:24 PM »

Jeff, you are amazing.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »

I love John Fogerty.  I've been meaning to give the new album a listen.

I'm not too sure about the new Springsteen album though.  I listened to it but it didn't really do anything for me.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 01:47:37 PM by Buzzstein »
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 245   Go Up