Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 245   Go Down

Author Topic: Random music thoughts  (Read 261134 times)

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
Re: Random music thoughts
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 03:45:24 PM »

R.E.M. plans to debut a new song from their upcoming album tonight on "Anderson Cooper 360" ...

Quote from: CNN.com
The song "Until the Day Is Done" also will appear later this month in "Planet in Peril," a four-hour CNN documentary that looks at environmental crises around the world. [...] This isn't the first time R.E.M. has worked with Cooper. The band premiered its video "Bad Day" on the show in 2002. [...] "Planet in Peril" features CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta and "Animal Planet" host and wildlife biologist Jeff Corwin. The two-part documentary was filmed in 13 countries and focuses on the issues of climate change, deforestation, species loss and overpopulation.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »

That's true, but oink has pretty draconian rules about transcodes.  I think the album has already been pulled from the site.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »

I DJed two high school dances this past weekend, and this was the number one most requested song by every single freaking teenager. It's on a level almost as bad as Detroit Grand Pubahs' Sandwiches, though. I absolutely hate this song. Ugh.

Mason High School just banned it from being played at homecoming.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 01:37:13 PM »

I hate the song, but that's ridiculous. His lyrics are damn near unintelligible. Leave the kids alone and let them have their stupid song.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »

I posted something on the article, not realizing my e-mail address would be visible. I can't wait to get either loads of spam, or hate mail. Or both. I contacted the webmaster and asked them to remove it, but we'll see what happens.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »

People seem to be agreeing with you Scott, so you may get more props than hate mail. maybe?
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

rva

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »

I don't know.  It's a pretty stupid song but people just want to do that little dance number thing that goes with it.  I can kind of dig it.  You know, people are kind of shy about dancing but sometimes its fun.  Especially in HS, it's a way for kids to just dance without worrying about looking dorky or asking a chick or whatever.

I still hate the song, but it's not nearly on the level of My Humps.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2007, 07:34:25 PM »

Cool, they deleted my comment. I posted another with a dummy account.

It's all over the local news. Wonder if it'll get national exposure.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »

The program I teach to 4th graders has a dance component (1850s Virginia Reel) to it. Today's group, when I told them we would be dancing, wanted to know if we were doing souljaboy. I told them no. They kept asking though, and were very disappointed that it was not the kind of dancing people did "back in the day". And this is not the first class that has wanted to show off their souljaboy moves!

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 11:08:15 PM »

Radiohead has sold 1.2 million copies of In Rainbows so far, earning them somewhere in the range of $9 million.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

rva

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 01:26:46 AM »

I read they sold 1.2 million, but only averaged 1 pound per sale.  That would be roughly $2.4 million.  Of course, it's all just wild guessing at this point.  It also didn't include the $80 box sets, which I would imagine pump the earnings up tremendously.

Springsteen sold 335,000 this week, so I guess that would be about $3.4 million.  I'd expect Radiohead to beat the Boss mano a mano were it conventionally released, but I doubt they'd come anywhere near 1.2 million.  Maybe 400 or possibly 500k.  So if they really did move 1.2 million units and make $9 million that would be a phenomenal success.

rva

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 10:43:55 AM »

So I've been listening to the new Cult, and it's like somehow they've managed to take their clownish, cartoon-y hard rock to an even more clownish, cartoon-y level.  But it's still good.  I mean not AS good, but still good.  You want to laugh.  You do laugh.  But you still rock out.

So anyways, I started wondering just how far Duffy and Astbury can take it.  Now I've had this Ian Astbury narrator in my head the whole day.

IA voice: I'm gettin' on the elevatoooor
BD riff: Da-duh-da-duh
IA voice:  That annoying dude is getting oh-on
BD riff:  Da-duh-da-duh
IA voice:  He makes a stupid joke, because he's a tool!  Baby, tool!  Baby, yeah!  Riiiidiiin' the elevatooooor!  C'mon, yeah!  We're riiiiidiiiiin' the elevatoooor!

bridge:  Now he's looking at me like I'm crazy, but I don't care.  No, I don't care.  This chick has on a short skirt, but I'm not gonna look baby no!  Cause I'm...

chorus:  riiiiidiiin' the elevator.  Ride the elevator, ride it RVA, Riiiiide that elevatoooor!

IPrayForTang

• On my way to a nut flush!
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 07:15:02 AM »

I don't know if this has hit this board, but the new Hives record (which is fucking excellent, especially the second half) has been leaked and is being streamed here... http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/

Just scroll down the right side and click on the cover to get a working player to launch.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

I don't know if this has hit this board, but the new Hives record (which is fucking excellent, especially the second half) has been leaked and is being streamed here...
It's so hard to keep track of new releases...thanks for the link, Jeff!

So I've been listening to the new Cult, and it's like somehow they've managed to take their clownish, cartoon-y hard rock to an even more clownish, cartoon-y level.  But it's still good...
You're far too kind, rva.

IPrayForTang

• On my way to a nut flush!
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 08:36:07 AM »

It's so hard to keep track of new releases...thanks for the link, Jeff!
For real...normally I stay out of the music stuff around here but it's so effing good.  WE CAN PROBABLY ALL AGREE ON GOOD MUSIC FOR ONCE (well, it's at least rare for me to agree) AND YOU SHOULD ALL LISTEN.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 245   Go Up