Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random music thoughts  (Read 280943 times)

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
Re: Random music thoughts
« Reply #3660 on: August 20, 2019, 11:16:21 PM »

I've been going to a fair number of house concerts the last few years, which I have really enjoyed. Small crowd- less than 50 people. And $20 at the door. That's a good deal for a night out.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3661 on: September 25, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »

Cincinnati folks: Debbie Harry, Chris Stein and Rob Roth are on a book tour promoting the new memoir "Face It." Jo-Beth is bringing them to town on Monday, Oct. 7. Debbie will be discussing the book at Walnut Hills HS at 7 p.m.

She will not be doing a book signing, but you can preorder a signed copy via Jo-Beth, which also guarantees you a seat at the lecture. $32.50+tax. https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4315346
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #3662 on: October 03, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »

and i quote, "my pussy tastes like pepsi cola."  i hate product placement in songs.  i love lana del ray and she almost nailed the lustiest lyric of all time.  but i sorta feel that i'm comfortable with the allusion.  principles be damned i guess.  that just occurred to me

poach eggs, not elephants

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #3663 on: October 04, 2019, 10:23:29 AM »

If I was a Pepsi ad guy Iím not convinced Iíd want my productís taste compared to that of Lana Del Rayís minge.

However, if I ran the BigK Cola account Iíd consider that a leg up the consumer ladder.
Opulence. I has it.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3664 on: October 14, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »

If Trump, and you're going to jack a Prince song without permission, why would you not use Donald Trump (Black version)?  Shit, I would have had to grudgingly give him some props for that.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3665 on: October 18, 2019, 12:28:49 AM »

rue mcclanahan's bunghole= sanka grounds out of a spittoon
bongo hard or bongo home

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #3666 on: October 23, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »

the new M83 is very atomspheric. nice, but not as cohesive as previous work.

Battles had a new release drop friday. what i've heard sounds pretty good.

Foals, part 2 of everything not saved will be lost does sound really good.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3667 on: October 24, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »

wait.... FOALS has a new album out? Gotta check that!!!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3668 on: October 24, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »

wait.... FOALS has a new album out? Gotta check that!!!

you should listen to Inhailer. We're playing it. www.inhailer.com.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3669 on: November 14, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »

I randomly saw on the internet today that Clan of Xymox is coming to Richmond.

I had forgotten all about them and was surprised to find out they were still around.  I would have said the same thing if they'd come to Richmond in 2005, which for all I know maybe they did.

It's an all-ages show, which makes me laugh because I cannot imagine there are too many 18 year olds stoked about seeing Clan of Xymox.  That should not just be a 21+ show, it should be a 45+ show so all the old people can try and goth out without being laughed at, and they don't play the music too loud and they make sure the whole thing ends before 11.

PS. 4AD was roster of horrifically boring and relentlessly dreary acts, and of all those acts Xymox was the most boring and dreary.  Shout out to Throwing Muses who didn't suck, and Cocteau Twins who only sucked sporadically.  M/A/R/R/S does not count.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #3670 on: November 18, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »

As someone who has never, admittedly, been overly fond of Nick Cave or his recorded ouvre, I would just like to say that "Ghosteen" 100% blows me the fuck away. All the feels, all the feels.
Opulence. I has it.

Chespo

• Tourist
« Reply #3671 on: November 18, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »

As someone who has never, admittedly, been overly fond of Nick Cave or his recorded ouvre, I would just like to say that "Ghosteen" 100% blows me the fuck away. All the feels, all the feels.
Also neither a fan nor a detractor, so that endorsement's enough to convince me to give it a try.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3672 on: November 19, 2019, 08:33:24 AM »

I randomly saw on the internet today that Clan of Xymox is coming to Richmond.

I had forgotten all about them and was surprised to find out they were still around.  I would have said the same thing if they'd come to Richmond in 2005, which for all I know maybe they did.

It's an all-ages show, which makes me laugh because I cannot imagine there are too many 18 year olds stoked about seeing Clan of Xymox.  That should not just be a 21+ show, it should be a 45+ show so all the old people can try and goth out without being laughed at, and they don't play the music too loud and they make sure the whole thing ends before 11.

PS. 4AD was roster of horrifically boring and relentlessly dreary acts, and of all those acts Xymox was the most boring and dreary.  Shout out to Throwing Muses who didn't suck, and Cocteau Twins who only sucked sporadically.  M/A/R/R/S does not count.

Cincinnati coldwavers Skeleton Hands has been opening for Clan of Xymox on some of their dates. If they are on the bill in Richmond, I'd go just to see them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3673 on: December 03, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »

40 years ago to this very day, 11 people were trampled to death at the Riverfront Coliseum entry. The Who were soundchecking, and people thought the actual show was beginning, and started pushing and shoving to get in. It just blows the mind.

This was 8 years before I moved to Cincinnati.

Anyone here who was around at that time and have any particular remembrances?

11 dead. RIP
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245]   Go Up