Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solitary  (Read 764 times)

dirk

• City Elder
Solitary
« on: October 04, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »

Has anyone else seen Solitary on the Fox Reality Channel?  I normally hate reality TV, but this show has really captured me.  The general premise is that 9 people are put in individual "pods" (about 10 foot across hexagons), and they have no human contact (except for the somewhat computerized voice that gives them instructions), very little food, and very little sleep.  They them put them through incredibly grueling challenges (things like standing on a board of metal points for hours) and the only way it ends is when they go and press the red button to quit. 

It is less of a reality show and more of a huge psychological experiment.  The only way for someone to be eliminated is to be the first person to quit a "treatment".  And they let the others keep going with the treatments even after someone has given up.  It is really interesting to see what exactly these people will endure and how long they can endure it.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

redbobsled

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire!
  • City Elder
Re: Solitary
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 01:26:16 AM »

I watched the first season, and I have concluded that, while an interesting premise, it was so poorly executed as to deserve the title of worst reality show currently airing on tv.  (The Littlest Groom wins worst reality show ever). 

The people are not smart, likeable, or particularly interesting.  The show is so repetitious that it should be edited down to a half hour per episode.  It's full of gross-outs and severely limited by activities that can take place in an 8 foot room. 

I wanted to like it, but i just could not. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up