Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foals - Antidotes  (Read 2534 times)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Foals - Antidotes
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »

also known as rcc94

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
Re: Foals - Antidotes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:45:38 PM »

Really good CD, people.  (And review)
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

rva

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 02:01:27 AM »

I just can't get with it, man.  It's like non-accessible dance rock.  And if it's not accessible the whole "dance" element is moot.

So many indie artists these days just leave me scratching my head.  For people who supposedly hate rap and pop, indie types sure listen some friggin' crappy-ass rap and pop.  There was a nice little sequence on WOXY today where they were playing a bunch of post-punk dance-type junk and they threw "Barbarism Begins at Home" in the middle of it.

And you know, to me that's what I think is kinda genius about The Smiths.  People think of them as a gloomy, depressing but you listen to their stuff and a lot of it is quite catchy.  No one thinks of them as a dance band but they were.  Or at least could be when they felt like it.

It almost feels like a real dance-y poppy track is somehow too common for indie-types, and yet they want to shake some booty.  So the compromise is some kind of weirdly junky angular type dance-riff that makes you feel uber-clever.  Look at me!  I'm so cool I can dance to shit no one else can!  See?  I get it and you don't.

meh.  That's probably too harsh on Foals as they really aren't that bad. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:05:43 PM »

By complete happenstance, I played this the other day. Really has held up well over the years. Great, great album.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »

By complete happenstance, I played this the other day. Really has held up well over the years. Great, great album.

Too bad the review hasn't! It's an Error now.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »

Agreed. One of the songs came on my iPod at the gym today. Still <3 it!
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler
Pages: [1]   Go Up