Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random film thoughts  (Read 58229 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Random film thoughts
« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »

Hello, AMC.
If you're going to only offer one showtime for a movie and that time is a double-digit time, I think you should note if it is AM or PM. va_vacious and I ended up being 12 hours too early for a movie yesterday. BOOOOOOOOOOO! I say BOOOOOO!
Regards,
c-lando
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #946 on: September 03, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »

Hello, AMC.
If you're going to only offer one showtime for a movie and that time is a double-digit time, I think you should note if it is AM or PM. va_vacious and I ended up being 12 hours too early for a movie yesterday. BOOOOOOOOOOO! I say BOOOOOO!
Regards,
c-lando

at least we got a good brunch out of it, though!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #947 on: September 26, 2018, 02:34:33 PM »

ex machina.  blehhhhhh.  i haven't seen a film in a few years and i couldn't wait to see this movie.  what a let down.  i knew the doofus was going to eventually win but with that predictability?  the writing was on the wall that he didn't get selected because he was great at coding it was because he was so willfully naive.  i kinda didn't want him to win.  christ, someone had to teach him a lesson, but nooo, you had to kill that guy   

edit;

i was talking with a friend about this film just a few minutes ago and said pretty much of what i told y'all.  my buddy said that he actually didn't end up winning.  i told him i didn't watch the last few minutes.  so you had to sit thru all of that just to get to one decent part?  a part where there was a 50/50 chance of success? 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:19:15 PM by daytime drinking »
poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #948 on: October 09, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »

Anyone seen the new A Star Is Born starring Lady Gaga? Bradley Cooper directs, co-stars, co-produces and co-writes the script.

I have to say it was surprisingly solid, at every level. So much better than the 1976 version with Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand. It's a bit too long for its own good, especially towards the end, but otherwise very enjoyable.

I'm going on record that this will not only gather tons of Oscar nominations, but it will actually win several big ones. Seems to me this is the type of movie (mainstream yet high quality) that Hollywood desperately seeks and loves to celebrate.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #949 on: November 08, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »

The latest troubles at MoviePass:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2018/11/08/moviepasss-latest-excuse-being-problematic-is-that-its-literally-run-by-dogs/?utm_term=.bfc5d38cff48

I can only tell you that my experience is very different. The theaters I attend the most by far (Esquire, Mariemont, Kenwood) have zero restrictions on their movies being 'eligible' for MoviePass. Furthermore, even though I am supposed to get only 3 movies a month under the monthly subscriber fee of $9.99, in fact I am not getting charged for any movies that I watch at these 3 theaters above and beyond the 3 movies/mth. Zero. Nada. I don't know whether it is a flaw within the MoviePass system, or whether these theaters have worked out a special deal with MoviePass. Not that I care one way or another. So the bottom line is that I can see as many movies as I want at these 3 theaters for $9.99/mth.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #950 on: November 08, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »

That's because those are eTicket theaters who contracted with MoviePass. 

They were one year contracts and MoviePass is not renewing any of them.  So you got extremely lucky that 1) There was an eTicket theater near you, and 2) That the theaters did not sign up until late in the game right before MoviePass changed the rules so their contracts have not expired.

I expect MoviePass will attempt to block you soon anyway.  You're basically surviving on their incompetency/lack of funding.  Because of the eticket feature, you don't need to use the Mastercard and check-in.  That means that to stop you they'd have to recode the app an probably a bunch of backend stuff, and they don't have the resources to do it. 

What they've started to do is just remove those theaters from the app entirely.  Which means people can't see movies at all at those theaters.  Obviously, that has led to many complaints.

I would also not put it beyond MoviePass to just one day send you a bill for $50.00 for going over your 3 movie limit.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #951 on: November 08, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »

ZK, I agree with everything you state there.

I regularly check the charges on my MasterCard that is linked to MoviePass. I also wouldn't be surprised if at some point a "back charge' is posted. In which case it'll be a whole lot more than $50...

Other than that, luck and incompetence are two good things to mix! 

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]   Go Up