Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random film thoughts  (Read 79755 times)

Paco

• Tourist
Re: Random film thoughts
« Reply #990 on: February 10, 2020, 06:03:58 PM »

Congrats to Steve Bognar and Julia Reichert for the Oscar win.

[Cool Story Bro] I knew Steve through grade school and high school. He was an AV geek even then. There were a few of us who would go to the all night movies at the local theater, The Dabel, usually Beatles marathons and such. His father, a crazy, Hungarian professor at WSU, would drive us to drop us off at the movies. I remember he had no problem turning the car around to let us out. if traffic was tight he would simply drive on the sidewalk, in true European fashion (or so I assumed at the time).
[/Cool Story Bro]

I'm really proud a former classmate, friend and local son was recognized for all of his work and talent.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:09:57 PM by Paco »

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #991 on: February 10, 2020, 06:38:37 PM »

Very cool story!

I knew Steve at WSU, mainly through music connections. Super good guy and well deserving of that win. Julia too. I don't know her and never took any of her classes but had lots of friends who did.

Also - I MISS THE DABEL!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Paco

• Tourist
« Reply #992 on: February 10, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »

Very cool story!

I knew Steve at WSU, mainly through music connections. Super good guy and well deserving of that win. Julia too. I don't know her and never took any of her classes but had lots of friends who did.

Also - I MISS THE DABEL!

We used to sneak in bottles of Little Kings under our coats (they were small!) and roll them down the aisles when they were empty. Clinka-clink-clink...  :)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #993 on: February 11, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »

Very cool story!

Also - I MISS THE DABEL!

We used to sneak in bottles of Little Kings under our coats (they were small!) and roll them down the aisles when they were empty. Clinka-clink-clink...  :)

Wait! I thought you guys were talking about Dayton moviegoers, not Hamilton. :)

Very cool story, Bro! Love to hear a DAYTON shout-out at the Oscars!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #994 on: February 11, 2020, 10:08:20 AM »

Little Kings, oh hell yeah! The Dabel, Page Manor, Dayton Movies. Also a fine accompaniment to Kings Island. So easy to slide a few in a purse or coat pockets. They were one of the main reasons so many of us from WWSU wore trench coats. Easy to rip a hole in the inside lining and slip a few Little Kings in there. Ha ha! Good times.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]   Go Up