Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows in 2018  (Read 751 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
Re: New TV Shows in 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »

Watched 1 episode of DARK, I could see returning to that when I'm in the mood... but I better not wait too long or I will forget what happened in Episode 1.

Finished this.  I would say it was good, but wouldn't recommend watching it any other way than binging... because there are way too many characters and subplots to keep straight to leave too much space in between the viewing.  I had several weeks between episodes 3 and 4, and I was still barely understanding who everyone was and what they were doing right through the end.

It also doesn't help that it has a bit of a time-twisting structure and the plot is... high concept probably doesn't do it justice.  The ending wasn't very satisfying, but it is German so that was almost to be expected.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »

So, WESTWORLD.  Should I bother?  I watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes of season 1.  I don't know, didn't grab me.  Maybe I should give it a few seasons before getting involved?

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 09:45:20 AM »

So, WESTWORLD.  Should I bother?  I watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes of season 1.  I don't know, didn't grab me.  Maybe I should give it a few seasons before getting involved?
If you don't like it after the first 3-4 episodes, I'm not sure if you'll like it anymore as you continue watching.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 02:57:17 PM »

I started THE CROSSING last night. I'm a sucker for Steve Zahn and for shows that seem LOST-esque or similar to THE 4400.
There's some good stuff there to be explored and some cheesy fluff that I don't need. Since it's network TV, I'm going to guess they will stick with the cheesy stuff and ignore the interesting stuff. But, time will tell.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »

Since it's network TV, I'm going to guess they will stick with the cheesy stuff and ignore the interesting stuff. But, time will tell.

This is how I feel about Designated Survivor.  It had the promise of being interesting, kinda of a West Wing sort of thing, and it has devolved into every stupid predicament the writers could possibly dream of within the confines of the situation.  Really bad.  Of course now Michael J. Fox is on, and we can't reject MJF.  She more than I, of course.

We have yet to watch any of the crossing, but we are also big Steve Zahn fans.  How could you not like Lenny?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 08:25:54 AM »

I binged all 3 episodes of KILLING EVE last night. That is some good stuff. Sandra Oh is amazing on this show.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »

I binged all 3 episodes of KILLING EVE last night. That is some good stuff. Sandra Oh is amazing on this show.
I am really like it. I find it weird how much I am liking the villain (does she have a name?). She is just so damn likable and cute, in her serial killer, psychopathic kind of way.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »

I am really like it. I find it weird how much I am liking the villain (does she have a name?). She is just so damn likable and cute, in her serial killer, psychopathic kind of way.
Yes. The villian is great. Her eyes are amazing.
I think Sebastian called her something but I would guess that was just the alias that she gave to the people in the apartment building. Like Jenny or something.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »

THE AMERICANS final season starts Wednesday.
LEGION Season 2 starts next Tuesday.
Fired up for both of these.  LEGION Season 1 was weird, wild, and surprisingly wonderful.  Not even so much about superheroes as a guy with superpowers who is absolutely f'ing untethered from reality.

THE TERROR, an AMC series about something to do with a ship in the freezing cold north is getting amazing reviews and started last night with 2 episodes out of 10.  I think this is a 1 season miniseries.  Have it set up to DVR.

FX has TRUST, the miniseries about J. Paul Getty and the kidnapping (that was featured in the recent movie ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD) starring Donald Sutherland and helmed by Danny Boyle firing up here shortly... Plan to DVR that and see what it's like.  I'm not 100% sold on watching it just yet but the promos seem promising.

ATLANTA Season 2 started a few weeks ago, and I'm saving those up for a bit.  Season 1 was so good... am wondering how this season digresses from that.

BARRY, the new HBO Series starring Bill Hader as a hitman who falls in love with acting started Sunday night... may let a few episodes accumulate before attacking it on HBO Now.

SILICON VALLEY Season 5 opener was Sunday night... it was good, but not great.  The series has followed that arc.  I love the ensemble so much, that I can forgive some story lags.  I think they are getting to where they need to be with the company storyline, while still remaining funny.  Zach Woods' Jared is one of the funniest characters on TV right now.

And the reboot of ROSEANNE is tonight.  I really liked Roseanne in its first iteration up until the last couple of seasons when I lost interest and totally missed on that crazy ending it supposedly had.  I could see catching up on this during the summer, but it is far from must-see for me at this point.

So let's circle back to this:

THE AMERICANS... so good all the way through.  Ended in a completely appropriate way, and very powerfully.

LEGION Season 2... was terrible.  Just an utter disappointment.  I powered through the last 4 episodes even though I didn't want to and was not rewarded.

THE TERROR... magnificent.

TRUST... didn't watch it, probably won't.

ATLANTA... haven't watched it yet, am planning on it here shortly.

BARRY... got through 2 eps, and am definitely going to finish it, but am waiting on Andrea to have a bit of time where we can watch together.

SILICON VALLEY Season 5: Was fine.  Zach Woods is the main reason to watch.

Reboot of ROSEANNE... the core characters were good enough, but the extra people they tried to bring in just weren't doing it for me.  Got through like 3 episodes and basically gave up, they were forcing the social commentary too much.

Also, the series finale of THE MIDDLE was really really good.  Sad it's gone, but it had a good long run.

What's coming up for me:

Started watching THE STAIRCASE on Netflix.  Fell asleep during 2 of the first 3 parts.  I think I was just legitimately sleepy, but this is a True Crime show that is letting things speak for themselves instead of trying to speed things along at a zippy pace.  I will probably stick with it.

GLOW just came back with Season 2.  I liked the ending of Season 1 very much.  Looking forward to Season 2.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT Season 5... I can see myself seeing this at some point... I abandoned Season 4 about halfway through.

BROCKMIRE Season 2... sitcom on IFC about a drunkard baseball announcer.  First few episodes I saw last year... I need to catch up and get on board, as it's really good.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 02:01:05 PM »

Butter, how do you find the time to watch all these shows? Maybe you binge-watch on weekends? Just curious.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 04:58:27 PM »

Butter, how do you find the time to watch all these shows? Maybe you binge-watch on weekends? Just curious.
If he's anything like me (and I am a guy who hides dead hobos in his backyard), he watches a bit at a time. As with most things, you can do plenty if you just chip away at it.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »

Had to quit my job and send my kids to orphanages, but it's all been worth it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2018, 11:53:04 PM »

Well that makes sense, and I'm sure your kids won't mind. Hope you do still send them a birthday card. Unless it interferes with the TC watching of course.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2018, 11:05:24 PM »

Anyone watching Sharp Objects, the HBO mini-series starring Amy Adams and directed by Jean-Marc Vallee? If not, you should... I don't watch a lot of scripted TV but this one is really good. It's a slowburner, in the best possible way. Airing on Sundays 9 PM. Check it out....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up