Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 105   Go Down

Author Topic: Random TV thoughts ...  (Read 114763 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Random TV thoughts ...
« Reply #1335 on: March 25, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »

Absolutely loving David Anders on iZombie.
I was unfamiliar with him until this show. He reminds me of someone from the 80s but I can't place it.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #1336 on: March 25, 2015, 01:10:51 PM »

I'm going to have to watch iZombie, clearly.

Anyone watching Bloodlines on Netflix?  Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights is on it. I'm really enjoying it. It's a slow burn, southern gothic horror.  (Horror in the sense that you can see bad things coming a mile away, no monsters of the supernatural sort involved at all)

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1337 on: March 25, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »

Anyone watching Bloodlines on Netflix?  Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights is on it. I'm really enjoying it. It's a slow burn, southern gothic horror.  (Horror in the sense that you can see bad things coming a mile away, no monsters of the supernatural sort involved at all)
It's on my list. I want to see it!!

Loved BOSCH on Amazon. Titus Welliver + a few people from THE WIRE + the best cinematography of LA since SOUTHLAND went off the air.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #1338 on: March 25, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »

It's on my list. I want to see it!!

Loved BOSCH on Amazon. Titus Welliver + a few people from THE WIRE + the best cinematography of LA since SOUTHLAND went off the air.

I've not seen it, but I read all the early books. In my mind, Bosch looks like the guy who was in LA Law.

You know, the angry quiet guy who had the 'tache and was balding and a little squat. I'd be interested to watch it, if it ever gets released on normal TV.
Am Meer

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1339 on: March 26, 2015, 08:38:39 AM »

I've not seen it, but I read all the early books. In my mind, Bosch looks like the guy who was in LA Law.

You know, the angry quiet guy who had the 'tache and was balding and a little squat. I'd be interested to watch it, if it ever gets released on normal TV.
Rafe, I think you'd like it. I have mostly read the newer Bosch books but I've gone back and started from the beginning to get them all. Oh - and for some reason, Titus doesn't sport a 'stache on the show (which is a shame since Homedude can grow a mustache like a fathermucker). But, he's still a good Bosch.

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #1340 on: March 26, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »

Every time I see an advert for Bosch, I think it's James Nesbitt (who I suppose is now "of The Hobbit fame" rather than "of Cold Feet fame".)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #1341 on: March 29, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »

Every time I see an advert for Bosch, I think it's James Nesbitt (who I suppose is now "of The Hobbit fame" rather than "of Cold Feet fame".)
He'll always of Cold Feet in my book. And I've done the same thing.
also known as rcc94

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #1342 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »

Absolutely loving David Anders on iZombie.
I was unfamiliar with him until this show. He reminds me of someone from the 80s but I can't place it.
He has been a reoccurring character on several shows that I watch - from Alias (when I first saw him) to Heroes to The Vampire Diaries and most recently Once Upon a Time. He's usually very intense, so I'm enjoying this more humorous character.
also known as rcc94

va-vacious

• City Elder
« Reply #1343 on: March 29, 2015, 10:53:04 PM »

I will add Bosch to the list!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1344 on: April 02, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »

I hate that the hot guy's name on iZombie is MAJOR. WHY!?!?!?!
You could name a hot dude any name in the world and you name him MAJOR!?!?!
What is he? A German Shepherd? It's the worst name ever and I can't excuse it, Rob Thomas!!!
You are better than that.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1345 on: April 02, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »

One of my dad's uncles was named Major. I always thought it was a weird name, but figured it was just some strange southern quirk of my family.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1346 on: April 02, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »

One of my dad's uncles was named Major. I always thought it was a weird name, but figured it was just some strange southern quirk of my family.
I haven't met any Majors yet. But, you could be right, MK.

va-vacious

• City Elder
« Reply #1347 on: April 02, 2015, 11:59:46 AM »

Our evening security guard is Major. But his real name is Henry. Everyone calls him Major, though!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #1348 on: April 10, 2015, 10:16:51 AM »

Finished off BETTER CALL SAUL and WALKING DEAD this week.  BCS was the stronger of the two, but definitely looking forward to both next season.

Anybody else tried UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT on Netflix yet?  I watched the pilot last night, and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd episode before I realized that I needed to take a break and get C-Fan involved.  Pilot was good if not great, but there were like 10 laughs in the first 4 minutes of Episode 2... and Ellie Kemper is killing it so far.  Plus it was good to see Carol Kane in... anything.  Recommended highly for 30 ROCK fans.

Oh, plus I couldn't get the theme song out of my head as I was going to bed last night.  It was actually kind of a problem.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1349 on: April 10, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »

Our evening security guard is Major. But his real name is Henry. Everyone calls him Major, though!
I feel like I should apologize to Major because I didn't realize until last week that Rob Thomas actually named the zombie lead character "Olivia Moore" aka "LIV(E) MO(O)RE". WTF, RT? That makes me groan like a zombie in bad need o' brains. AWFUL.

We finally finished BETTER CALL SAUL last night. That last interaction between Jimmy and Mike really has me on the hook for more!!!!

I watched the first episode of KIMMY and liked it, but didn't love it. Good to know that I need to keep watching.

Watched the first episode of BLOODLINE on NETFLIX and I can't wait to binge-watch 3-4 more this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 105   Go Up