Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 105   Go Down

Author Topic: Random TV thoughts ...  (Read 113363 times)

Hell Toupee

Re: Random TV thoughts ...
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »

I watch and (mostly) enjoy most of the reality dance shows on TV, but I'm watching Superstars of Dance right now, and it is TOTALLY BORING.  I got (unsolicited)  tickets to be in the audience, and now I'm EXTRA glad I didn't go.  What a waste of a day that would have been. 

I hate the editing... it might be better as a live show, but it just feels so off. Plus it doesn't help that the Argentinian judge is loopy and the South African judge throws out random insults every time he opens his mouth.

Besides, if I want to watch Robert Muraine again, I'd go hit up his Canadian IKEA commercial.

Good times.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 10:23:41 PM »

I wish we got to see the UK version of "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (which just finished its 8th season on ITV). George Takei in the jungle would have been something to watch.
also known as rcc94

Doug

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »

I've never enjoyed any of the previous Rock of Love seasons, but I just got finished watching the premier of season 3 and I had a great time.  I think it's better because all the skanks are crammed together on tour buses.  Pure hillariosity  :D

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »

I can't stand RoL... too much skankage for me.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 03:51:44 PM »

I've never enjoyed any of the previous Rock of Love seasons, but I just got finished watching the premier of season 3 and I had a great time.  I think it's better because all the skanks are crammed together on tour buses.  Pure hillariosity  :D
I want to have weekly viewing parties for this show! It's just SO MUCH FUN to watch and discuss and GASP!!! with friends and family.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Doug

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »

Yeah, you pretty much have to discuss it right there while you're watching it.  For me, the details of the show slide off my brain and minutes after viewing and afterwards I'm left feeling like I just nearly escaped getting in a car accident.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »

All I have to saw is.....Vagina shots.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »

I don't know what to do. My DVR is empty other than some Masterpiece theaters that I'm not in the mood to watch. I don't remember how to watch live TV!
also known as rcc94

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »

Huffing spray paint is comedy gold.
Am Meer

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »

I should really never watch Wheel of Fortune.  Besides the obvious reasons there is the abject stupidity of the contestants this show attracts.  Case in point, some old lady tonight spins and gets (by a c-hair) $1 million.  In order to win this she must solve on her turn... if I understand the rules.

The category is Place.  The board shows _O__Y OF A _ROAD_AY THEATER.

So on this turn, so as not to lose her million she asks for a B.  Giving us _OBBY OF A BROAD_AY THEATER.

Pat asks what she wants to do... and she deides to solve..... spin?  Ooooookaaaaay.

Old lady spins gets $300 or some such.  Okay, so she gets maximum $300 on top of the $1 million dollars she just risked.  She asks for a W, which of course is there.  Now we have _OBBY OF A BROADWAY THEATER.  I wonder what it could be?  Her next move is to solve.... WTF??? SPIN?  ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?

Ohhhh..... look at that Lose a GODDAMNED Turn.  Jesus H.  Where do they get these people?  And I thought the dumbasses that bought vowels were retarded.  Seriously why would anyone ever buy a fucking vowel?

My head asplode.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:30:42 PM by Kwyjibo »

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 07:11:54 AM »

The $1 million thing SOUNDS awesome... but the truth is you have to land on it, guess a letter to keep it, then solve that puzzle to carry it forward.  Then and only then if you make it through the whole game while keeping the $1 million pie thing, then if you get to the bonus round, you play for $1 million.  I haven't seen anyone win it yet.  But I watch 1-2 times a week.  The kids LOVE it, and I'm a master at it.  And whenever I can't figure out a whole puzzle, Andrea's there to clean up the last word or two for me.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 07:36:22 AM »

I didn't realize the person had to go on to be the champ that day.  But still, there's no reason she couldn't have solved the puzzle, she literally had only one letter to guess.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:51 AM »

The $1 million thing SOUNDS awesome... but the truth is you have to land on it, guess a letter to keep it, then solve that puzzle to carry it forward.  Then and only then if you make it through the whole game while keeping the $1 million pie thing, then if you get to the bonus round, you have to spin the mini wheel and hope to land on the one space that has the million dollars behind it to play for $1 million.  I haven't seen anyone win it yet.  But I watch 1-2 times a week.  The kids LOVE it, and I'm a master at it.  And whenever I can't figure out a whole puzzle, Andrea's there to clean up the last word or two for me.

Fixed.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »

Yeah, I forgot about that extra step.  You have to spin the prize wheel and land on it.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »

Oh, well, no wonder she wasn't too upset when she lost it then.  I still don't get why she didn't solve the puzzle though, I mean, come on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 105   Go Up