Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 105   Go Down

Author Topic: Random TV thoughts ...  (Read 114700 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Random TV thoughts ...
« Reply #1365 on: April 21, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »

I'm glad I'm back to having access to my Netflix account so I can start watching Bloodlines again. Kyle Freakin' Chandler is on a slow burn with this one. I am making myself ration it out, because it's so rich. It looks like a Garden and Gun magazine come to life, and then you look a little deeper and see it's full of decay.

THIS. 100% accurate. I looooooooooved the first episode but haven't dug into the rest yet. I totally want to take my time with it.

Oh, I've become completely addicted to Supernatural, now that it's 10 seasons old. I'm a little embarrassed by this but not really.

Gwynner is your girl for this conversation. She's been a SUPERNATURAL junky from DAY ONE.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #1366 on: April 21, 2015, 07:20:58 PM »

I think you mentioned that about Gwynner, and you are so right, because I NEED to discuss it with someone!!!

I've watched the first four episodes of Bloodlines, and I'm waiting until next week to watch more. I want no distractions. But when you have watched some more, we have to talk about it!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1367 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »

So, I might have unreasonably lost my shit in front of The Greg for the latest cast member to join LAST MAN ON EARTH.
That's some goooooooooooood casting.

BORIS KODJOE!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:03:31 AM by c-lando »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1368 on: April 23, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »

Well, however much you may like him, I'm getting annoyed with the constant parade of new characters.  What's this, things are getting comfortable?  Bam!  New character.  Game changer!  Except it's not, because it's getting to be formulaic.

When will they change the title to One of Three Men and Four Women on Earth... For Now?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1369 on: April 23, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »

Yeah, I finally gave up on it. 

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1370 on: April 23, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »

I like that the show has changed so much. In the beginning, it's the ideal "Last Person on Earth" scenario. You can do what you want. You can take what you want. You are the ruler of EVERYTHING! Suddenly, someone else appears and the ideal is fucked up by that other person's presence and what they want out of their ideal "We're the only two people left in the world" scenario. Then, you think you've adjusted well enough to that new scenario and BOOM! Something else happens or someone else shows up. It's never going to be what you thought it was going to be. You're never going to be that ideal person in that ideal scenario that you thought you were going to be. In fact, you're kind of a putz and people are making you realize that. But, you just go on being putzy any way because none of this is what you planned for it to be. And then you get a perm.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1371 on: April 23, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »

Yeah, I don't know.  I don't like it, it seems like sloppy writing to me.  Plus, Will Forte is so unlikable, I find it uncomfortable to watch, and not in a fun way like The Office used to be.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #1372 on: April 24, 2015, 07:43:16 AM »

Yeah, I don't know.  I don't like it, it seems like sloppy writing to me.  Plus, Will Forte is so unlikable, I find it uncomfortable to watch, and not in a fun way like The Office used to be.

It's not at all sloppy writing.  The show is just not what you hoped it would be.  Which is fine enough, there are a zillion other things to watch, so no need to keep tied to this one.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1373 on: April 24, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »

It is not what I thought it would be, that's true.  Maybe it's not sloppy writing, but it is lazy to be constantly adding new characters just to move things along.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1374 on: April 24, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »

Oh, I've become completely addicted to Supernatural, now that it's 10 seasons old. I'm a little embarrassed by this but not really.

Gwynner is your girl for this conversation. She's been a SUPERNATURAL junky from DAY ONE.

Another SPN addict checking in. There are things in recent seasons that I haven't gotten over (won't say in case you're not there yet). Like seriously cried. And all of the Felicia Day episodes are the best.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #1375 on: April 24, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »

Another SPN addict checking in. There are things in recent seasons that I haven't gotten over (won't say in case you're not there yet). Like seriously cried. And all of the Felicia Day episodes are the best.
I'm also a Supernatural fan. It is still a solid show, but they really need to be looking towards wrapping it up soon. The recent seasons haven't been bad, but they aren't anywhere nead as good as the middle seasons.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #1376 on: April 24, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »

It is not what I thought it would be, that's true.  Maybe it's not sloppy writing, but it is lazy to be constantly adding new characters just to move things along.

I don't get how that's lazy.  That was the whole point of his trip around the country was to attract anybody left alive to come to Tucson.  Now they are showing up, but it's not going the way he wants it to because he's a putz (courtesy c-lando).  I thought that was the whole point of the show.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1377 on: April 24, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »

Will Forte is a joy to watch.
Phil "Tandy" Miller is a nightmare. He can't help himself. He's beyond awkward (unless he's talking to his balls).
Phil Miller can move to my Tuscon ANY DAY.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1378 on: April 24, 2015, 01:47:31 PM »

Has the Supernatural spin-off aired yet? Or did it come and go already?

The recent seasons haven't been quite as strong, but there are still some gem episodes. Kind of miss some of the MOTW stuff, but I love Crowley so much that I'm kind of okay with it.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #1379 on: April 24, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

Has the Supernatural spin-off aired yet? Or did it come and go already?

The recent seasons haven't been quite as strong, but there are still some gem episodes. Kind of miss some of the MOTW stuff, but I love Crowley so much that I'm kind of okay with it.

I am current on the show! Had to DVR this season since I was on about season 5 when this season started, but I powered through and now I'm up to speed.  We can definitely talk about things that have happened! So glad to find that more of my people are here!

I was under the impression that the backdoor pilot aired last season (it was terrible), but I am holding out hope that they do something with Sheriff Mills and Sheriff Hanscom, since HIbbing 911 was a pretty good episode.

I miss MOTW, too, and these season arcs are getting really heavy. I will say the last two episodes were fantastic- and I am ready for Crawley to get his bite back, because he has not been nearly as cruel as in the past.

Dirk, I don't know how much longer they can go on, really, but I'll take it as long as it is on air. I know they have announced they will do a Season 11. But it has to be hard on Ackles and Padaleki to have very little opportunity to do other work. (I'm sure they are paid handsomely, and it's not that much of a hardship) And I can't see the show continuing with only one of them, so it will be an all-or-nothing sort of situation.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 105   Go Up