Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101   Go Down

Author Topic: Random TV thoughts ...  (Read 83155 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
Re: Random TV thoughts ...
« Reply #1470 on: February 08, 2018, 03:36:51 PM »

Ranches are popular at my house right now, because after someone broke their leg, they had to go up and down 6 steps every day and night.  And that was real difficult for about 6 weeks.

Vive la Ranch!

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #1471 on: February 08, 2018, 04:12:30 PM »

ZK, are you being cute when you say "rancher" instead of "ranch"?
Or do you know something we don't know?

(who am i kidding? you know more than any of us know about anything and i'm not even being funny)
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #1472 on: February 09, 2018, 08:42:20 AM »

Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams -- The first episode isn't all that good, so we almost gave up, but decided to keep going based on a recommendation from a friend. Boy, am I glad we did! The second and third episodes are wonderful. We have one episode left. Some are better than others, but the good ones are so worth it.

Falling Water -- This is probably the first USA Original production I've watched since La Femme Nikita. Not the best show out there, but they did some interesting things with the dream vs. reality trope. The season ended with resolution as well as some ongoing story. They could do another season if they really wanted to, but I think it ends just fine as it is.

Better Call Saul -- Recently finished season two. I love just watching this show. Tension underlies the calm, captured with gorgeous camera angles.

Also, who knew Lenny was such an amazing actor?

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1473 on: February 09, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »

After almost ten years in a cape code there was no way in hell we were moving to anything other than a ranch.  Not having to go up or down stairs to do anything (especially laundry) is the best thing ever.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1474 on: February 09, 2018, 09:39:58 AM »

Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams -- The first episode isn't all that good, so we almost gave up, but decided to keep going based on a recommendation from a friend. Boy, am I glad we did! The second and third episodes are wonderful. We have one episode left. Some are better than others, but the good ones are so worth it.

I was curious about this one. Thanks for posting this. Might be what I watch once I finally finish this new season of BLACK MIRROR.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1475 on: February 09, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »

After almost ten years in a cape code there was no way in hell we were moving to anything other than a ranch.  Not having to go up or down stairs to do anything (especially laundry) is the best thing ever.

I grew up in a rancher.  I guess where I'm from "rancher" and "ranch house" are used 50/50.   Because "I grew up in a rancher" puts a different spin on it than "I grew up on a ranch."  I was not raising steers. " Rancher" is shorter than "ranch house" and "rambler" just sounds weird to me.  After all, it's not rambling anywhere.  Funk dat!

It was a rectangle, though.  I like the U or L shaped ones where you get like a little courtyard.  Plus a lot more light because you can have windows on at least two sides of every room.

My rowhouse had the laundry in the basement.  It was an unfinished basement and the furnace and pipes were all there, plus storage.  So I guess technically, there was enough room to fold your laundry in the basement, but no one wants to fold laundry in a kinda-dark, unfinished, basement filled with storage boxes.

I'm in a Cape Cod now, but the upper half floor is a master suite with closet room and laundry room.  There's enough room to put my bed in one corner, and a beanbag seat and a TV in another.  It's awesome.  No clothes on the floor anymore, because I just throw them straight into the washer when they are dirty.  And I can fold and iron while watching TV, since it's all pretty much my bedroom anyway.  Washing sheets is the best, since I never have to fold them.  I have a dirty set in the washer and a clean set on my bed.  Then every week, I do a load and throw the sheets on my bed in the washer for next week, and take the clean sheets straight from the dryer to the bed.

I'm not a fan of the Cape Cod style though.  It's boring.  The only thing worse is Federalist/Colonial.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #1476 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »

Better Call Saul -- Recently finished season two. I love just watching this show. Tension underlies the calm, captured with gorgeous camera angles.

Season 3 is pretty amazing also.  A couple of times it seems a little slow, but it pays off.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #1477 on: February 09, 2018, 12:47:01 PM »

I was curious about this one. Thanks for posting this. Might be what I watch once I finally finish this new season of BLACK MIRROR.

I shut off the first episode of ELECTRIC DREAMS after 20 minutes.  It was terrible.

I also was underwhelmed with this last season of BLACK MIRROR.  Even the first episode that everybody loved I was meh on.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1478 on: February 09, 2018, 12:51:03 PM »

Who knew Laverne would be an amazing director?
Who knew Squiggy would become a major league baseball scout?

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #1479 on: February 09, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »

Who knew Laverne would be an amazing director?
Who knew Squiggy would become a major league baseball scout?
Do they have cameos in season three? That'd be cool.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #1480 on: February 12, 2018, 10:14:54 PM »

Bill from One Mississippi is my fave.

And of course it got cancelled.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #1481 on: February 13, 2018, 07:25:29 PM »

I thought I would hate the new QUEER EYE.

I loooooooooooooooooooove the new QUEER EYE.

x2

Seriously, it was far better, deeper, kinder than I thought it would be. Also, I have decided Antoni and I would be IRL friends.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1482 on: February 14, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »

I thought I would hate the new QUEER EYE.

I loooooooooooooooooooove the new QUEER EYE.

x2

Seriously, it was far better, deeper, kinder than I thought it would be. Also, I have decided Antoni and I would be IRL friends.

"FRIENDS". Right.

My favorite quote about him so far comes from Vulture:
Antoni is the designated hot one and, boy, is he hot. He’s the sort of nonthreateningly handsome that is every single person’s type. If he came up on Rob Gronkowski’s Tinder, he’d be like, “Yeah, I’d hit that.”

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #1483 on: February 15, 2018, 12:16:02 AM »

ah ha ha ha! OK, so yeah, "friends" maaaaaybe not- but I'm not his type!

He's also the quietest of the 5, so it's much easier to imagine his personality, which can be whatever you want.

I also might need to get a life.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1484 on: February 15, 2018, 08:25:46 AM »

ah ha ha ha! OK, so yeah, "friends" maaaaaybe not- but I'm not his type!

He's also the quietest of the 5, so it's much easier to imagine his personality, which can be whatever you want.

I also might need to get a life.
Oh No, Honey!
I would want to date them all (though Tan France, with that nose and accent and salt & pepper hair, is my fave).
TV crushes are the best!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101   Go Up