Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 132   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 112381 times)

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »

I'm supposed to be going to the Tennessee-Alabama game at the end of the month.  I'm beginning to think I should pass, since Tennessee sucks this year, and I really don't want to travel 1000 miles (roundtrip) to see them lose.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

It's probably not the best sign when you seem to be spending just as much time rooting for whoever your rival team is playing as you are your own team.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »

No way! That's a great sign! You're a true fan. :)

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 09:20:53 AM »

Holy cow, the Rockies just traded Matt Holliday to the Reds for Ryan Freel and Homer Bailey.

Holy cow, it's amazing the fantasies I concoct to make myself feel better in the wake of a lousy local team sports weekend.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 09:07:06 AM »

Is CBS that desperate for programming that they'd broadcast the championship game of Slamball?

Is the world that desperate for distraction that Slamball even exists, let alone has a championship game?

Easily the stupidest sporting event I've ever seen on free TV and that's saying a lot considering I watched the OSU/USC game.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »

Bye, Phil. I guess we know who really had the winning ways.
also known as rcc94

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »

I already miss Fulmer.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 07:26:52 AM »

Columbus Crew in the MLS Conference Finals.  I think they may have made it to the finals once, but have never won an MLS Cup.

Let's go, Crew!

rva

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »

You know, Eddie Gaven scored to put the Crew in the finals.  You want to know what else is weird about Eddie Gaven?  For some reason he was bizarrely good in Football Manager 2007 and 2008.  I always tried to get him but I could never afford him as Southampton.

I wonder if Eddie Gaven is really good in Football Manager 2009?  I wonder if Football Manager 2009 is really good?  I wonder if it would be a really good idea to buy Football Manager 2009?

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

This weekend is a crappy weekend for football.

I mean, not really - there are plenty of good games out there. It's just that this season has been so much fun in the past few weekends with H-U-G-E matchups nearly every weekend. And with all that tremendous viewing has come this level of expectation, and this weekend it's a gigantic letdown. The best (only!) matchup was #4 Florida vs #25 South Carolina... and that game was as large a blowout as they come. In the NFL the Packers-Bears game tomorrow should be decent, but after that the best one I can come up with is Giants-Ravens. After that they are all meh.

This isn't to say that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed some games... it's just that they aren't all that awesomely spectacular like last weekend or next weekend.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »

Quote from: Dan
This weekend is a crappy weekend for football.

Agreed, brother. It's a yawner.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »

You know, Eddie Gaven scored to put the Crew in the finals.  You want to know what else is weird about Eddie Gaven?  For some reason he was bizarrely good in Football Manager 2007 and 2008.  I always tried to get him but I could never afford him as Southampton.

I wonder if Eddie Gaven is really good in Football Manager 2009?  I wonder if Football Manager 2009 is really good?  I wonder if it would be a really good idea to buy Football Manager 2009?

Eddie Gaven is a decent player, but when he was young he was talked about like he was the second coming in midfield... when truth is I think he is just a solid player with marginal national team type skills.  The type that will get him some caps, but will never get him on the field as a contributor in a World Cup or anything.  I don't know, he's only 22, maybe he will improve and eventually become a monster.

Football Manager, on the other hand, you gots to buy that shit up.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 02:10:35 PM »

A huge CONGRATS to the Penn State women's volleyball team on their second consecutive NCAA championship!!! :)
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 06:28:18 PM »

Every time I feel like vomiting on my own vomit over Minnesota professional sports, I think of Seattle sports fans and swallow.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 132   Go Up