Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 135   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 120155 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #1950 on: April 05, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »

Toxoplasmosis, my favorite song from HAIL TO THE THIEF

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1951 on: April 05, 2019, 01:20:12 PM »

Trevor Bauer has two impressive starts this year. He's one to watch for the rest of the season.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1952 on: April 15, 2019, 03:41:32 PM »

zac taylor, david bell, travis steele, john brannen, mls expansion team...    mls is probably what most folks are excited about.  cincinnati sports.  when new coaches aren't enough, you just need a new sport to follow

belated congrats on the title zk

....  i'm stoked about john brannen.  i sorta think it matters he's local.  we've had great success over the past thirty years from the hyper local to the regional localish.  winning against considerable odds in a decent mid major league has endeared many, this john brannen, cousin apparently of former bearcat standout bobby brannen.  baywatch bobby.  good times   

poach eggs, not elephants

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1953 on: April 16, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »

Trevor Bauer's fastball vs. Trevor Bauer's changeup.

https://gfycat.com/admireddesertedalbatross

Worth it.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1954 on: April 16, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »

My favorite thing about Trevor Bauer is that he's basically a massive nerd with almost no talent at all.

I remember when everyone thought he was a bust and he couldn't take coaching because he was off doing all these weird drills and watching videos and reading books about anatomy and stuff.  I was always on his side because I felt like, dude has only one thing going for him-- his brain.  He's not going to be better than everyone else if he does whatever one else does, because he lacks their physical gifts.  And besides he's just wired different mentally, I don't think normal jock-guy methods work on him.

I mean,his theories may not have worked but it was the only chance he had.  Someday, someone will try to make him a pitching coach and he's going to suck at it.  But maybe he'll write a book.  That would work.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1955 on: April 16, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »

The Columbus Blue Jackets, the lowest ranked team to enter the NHL playoffs, not only beat Tampa, by far the best team in the regular season, but SWEPT them. Wow. not to mention this is the first playoff series win EVER for the Jackets. I wonder what the Vegas odds on that sweep happening were...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1956 on: April 17, 2019, 09:38:57 AM »

My favorite thing about Trevor Bauer is that he's basically a massive nerd with almost no talent at all.

I remember when everyone thought he was a bust and he couldn't take coaching because he was off doing all these weird drills and watching videos and reading books about anatomy and stuff.  I was always on his side because I felt like, dude has only one thing going for him-- his brain.  He's not going to be better than everyone else if he does whatever one else does, because he lacks their physical gifts.  And besides he's just wired different mentally, I don't think normal jock-guy methods work on him.

I mean,his theories may not have worked but it was the only chance he had.  Someday, someone will try to make him a pitching coach and he's going to suck at it.  But maybe he'll write a book.  That would work.

Agree almost completely. He's a thoughtful guy and baseball has an incredibly long history of not knowing how to deal with people who use their brains. Baseball loves guys that don't say much, don't try to rock the boat, just follow what everyone else has done, and basically turn their brains off. Bauer is different, and teams struggle with how to handle that. I love him, but he's also on my team, so maybe I'm biased.

I hear he basically doesn't give a s*** what others think, which is great, but also maybe a bit of an ass too. If he were on another team I might hate him. That being said, I hope he wins the Cy Young this year.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1957 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »

Tremendous Europa League final today, with Hazard showing (one again) how special he really is. Real Madrid will surely be better with him next season.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #1958 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:04 AM »

Europa League final in Azerbaijan is on the order of having the World Cup in Qatar, maybe just slightly not quite as bad.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #1959 on: May 30, 2019, 08:54:52 AM »

Europa League final in Azerbaijan is on the order of having the World Cup in Qatar, maybe just slightly not quite as bad.
Totally worse when you consider that people traveled nearly 5000 miles round trip for a London derby.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1960 on: May 30, 2019, 02:56:15 PM »

Totally worse when you consider that people traveled nearly 5000 miles round trip for a London derby.

Yeah, but it's Chelsea vs Arsenal, so my sympathies can only go so far. Those fanbases are doing just fine.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1961 on: May 30, 2019, 10:44:12 PM »

By the way, that stadium will be used again in the Euro 20 competition next summer....

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1962 on: June 03, 2019, 01:14:34 AM »

Nice victory for Liverpool in the Champions League, even though I was rooting for Tottenham all the way. But Liverpool deserved it.

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #1963 on: June 03, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »

By the way, that stadium will be used again in the Euro 20 competition next summer....

when is the euro60 competition?

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1964 on: June 03, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »

Nice victory for Liverpool in the Champions League, even though I was rooting for Tottenham all the way. But Liverpool deserved it.

The team that got to where they are by stealing Southampton's players vs the team that got to where they are by stealing Southampton's manager. 

I just couldn't root for either team.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 135   Go Up