Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 112   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 79841 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #1620 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:38 AM »

congrats on the easy draw xavier.  and once again, fuck ucla
poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1621 on: March 20, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »

congrats on the easy draw xavier.
That's easy to say with 20-20 hindsight. Bottom line is that they still had to win those games, and then did.

F**K the NCAA for having the West Coast games so damn late. The UC game didn't start until 9:55. I went to bed after the 1st half.

And X's next game, in what should be a heck of a game against Arizona (hello, ex-X coach Sean Miller), starts even later on Thursday, 10:10 pm.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1622 on: March 23, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »

And X's next game, in what should be a heck of a game against Arizona (hello, ex-X coach Sean Miller), starts even later on Thursday, 10:10 pm.
Actually 10:40 pm

So I'll watch the first half, if that much. Thanks a lot, NCAA
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1623 on: March 24, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »

Woke up this morning only to find out that the X Men actually did it! Wow, just wow.  Surely one of the greatest games in the program's history. A darn shame I didn't get to see it.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1624 on: March 29, 2017, 11:26:20 AM »

what was the elite eight like?  i'm sure that was fun
poach eggs, not elephants

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1625 on: March 29, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »

My all-time favorite football player resigned today from the national team he was coaching. I am gutted at his departure.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1626 on: March 30, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

A quick google search shows that there is no interesting news about the Latvian National Team or Marian Pahars. Who is your favorite if not him?

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1627 on: March 30, 2017, 12:35:34 PM »

It is Marian. He resigned after the friendly with Georgia that Latvia lost 5-0.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1628 on: March 30, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »

Ouch. And weird that two different google searches came up empty.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1629 on: March 30, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »

From the Latvia Football Federation website:

Latvian national football team head coach Marians Pahars after Tuesday, 28 March experienced loss test match against Georgia submitted his resignation, which the Latvian Football Federation (LFF) General Secretary Jānis Mežeckis is accepted.

LFF express their gratitude to Marians Pahars for time worked and the efforts of the Latvian national football team, as well as the wishes of luck in the future career!

Marians Pahars is planning to hold a press conference in second half of April in order to comment this decision more arguments and provide a look back to the time worked for the national side. Press conference time and place will be announced additionally.

As regards the situation on the Latvian national football team head coach next official information will be published on the website of LFF.lv after the final decision-making board of the national association .

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #1630 on: April 03, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »

You just need to learn Latvian.  MK is dedicated enough to learn the language of the man she adores, so she can be tuned to all Pahars-related news.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1631 on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:39 AM »

You just need to learn Latvian.  MK is dedicated enough to learn the language of the man she adores, so she can be tuned to all Pahars-related news.

ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Looks like assistant manager Vitalijs Astafjevs has been tapped to lead the team now. Not a surprise really. Some may remember Astafjevs from his time with Blackburn Rovers. Or not.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1632 on: April 03, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »

But what will Marians but up to next, though? MK you should hire him!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1633 on: April 03, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »

But what will Marians but up to next, though? MK you should hire him!

He may go back to managing a club rather than a national team, but from some of the interviews I've read (from Russian sources, mostly) I think he may become head of the LFF's youth academy. He has commented a number of times that in order to have a quality national team it has to start with the youth. And he's been very instrumental in getting a new facility for his old school (Riga Classical Gymnasium) so I'm kinda guessing he may go that route.

But of course I would LOVE to hire him. Ooooooooooooo.......

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1634 on: April 03, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »

He may go back to managing a club rather than a national team, but from some of the interviews I've read (from Russian sources, mostly) I think he may become head of the LFF's youth academy. He has commented a number of times that in order to have a quality national team it has to start with the youth. And he's been very instrumental in getting a new facility for his old school (Riga Classical Gymnasium) so I'm kinda guessing he may go that route.
I'm glad to hear you went to a reliable source  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 112   Go Up