Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 79842 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #1665 on: August 10, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »

Euro, do you have the scoop on Juan Pablo Torres?   Will he play?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1666 on: August 10, 2017, 11:44:40 AM »

ZK, he was on the bench for Lokeren's first two games, but did not play.

With the new (old) coach in town, it's impossible to tell what's going to happen. I do know that the previous coach (the Icelander who just got fired) had bought several players that he specifically wanted. We'll have to see in the next few weeks how all of that will shake out.

Lokeren's next 3 games are all against so-called weak teams who are also in the relegation danger zone, and two of those games are home games. I'd say they really need to get 6 points from those games. I'll be on vacation in Belgium later this month, and will be at the Lokeren home game on 26th August (against Eupen, statistically the only team yet worse than Lokeren after 2 games--a MUST WIN).   
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1667 on: August 20, 2017, 11:40:08 PM »

ZK, for the record, Torres was again on the bench for yesterday's Lokeren game, but did not play again.

More important, Lokeren won their first match of the year, an away game in the local derby no less. I feel so much better!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1668 on: September 12, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »

You know what's pretty great? The Cleveland Indians' win streak. It's silly, but awesome.

19 wins as of now!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]   Go Up