Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 94552 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #1800 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:03 PM »

I had no bone in this fight, but man, that was one heck of a Super Bowl.

Tom Brady ended up with 505 passing yards. 505!!!!!!! Just outasight.

As am aside, I thought Justin Timberlake's halftime show was just ok, and certainly one of the weaker ones in recent years. Just so bland. Where are the days of nipplegate?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1801 on: February 05, 2018, 12:28:35 AM »

I was a little surprised Timberlakeís show came off so flat.  I think he tries to do something different with running through the crowd and everything, but it dudnít quite work out.  Also, he looks old now, itís a little sad.

Props to the Eagles.  They were ballsy as hell coming out and throwing with a backup QB.  And then the two fourth downs when they went for it.  Especially the trick play.  That took balls of steel.

Pederson out coached Bellichick.  Foles arguably outplayed Brady.  Thatís impressive.

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #1802 on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »

i watched about 5 mins of timberlake then wandered off to do anything else. didn't like it at all.

i kept waiting for the moment when i would turn off the game, but that never happened. i hate to say it, but that was a thrilling game to watch. by the end, i would've been ok with either team winning.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1803 on: February 06, 2018, 03:13:35 PM »

I said to my wife as she was rolling over from being asleep on the couch, "look, there are 23 seconds left (or whatever it was) in the game, the Eagles are up by EIGHT, the Pats have the ball at midfield...and no one thinks this game is over yet." How incredible.

That Patriots machine is consistently terrifying.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1804 on: February 11, 2018, 12:16:30 AM »

Olympic Athletes from Russia is pretty great band name.  Double points if you are hip hop.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1805 on: February 11, 2018, 12:25:30 AM »

Olympic Athletes from Russia is pretty great band name.  Double points if you are hip hop.
x2

So Russia was supposed to be banned from these Olympics, yet they are showing up all over...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1806 on: February 11, 2018, 01:22:58 AM »

Iíve seen two interest stories on NBC about the unified Korean hockey team. 

Iím glad that they featured a non-US story.  But I do think it is a little odd that they didnít mention the Americans on that team when they cut back to the booth.  I mean with all the talk about Pence sitting near Kim Jong Unís sister, itís somewhat significant that there are US citizens skating with N. Koreans on the same team, right?

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #1807 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:49 AM »

Isn't their already an "alternative" band named OAR?

I looked it up:  Yes.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1808 on: February 12, 2018, 11:16:48 PM »

Isn't their already an "alternative" band named OAR?

I looked it up:  Yes.
But this band's name would be OAofR, no?

Are you suggesting that those frat boys from Columbus, OH are actually Russian infiltrators? I love it. Let's run with it. Bad commies from Columbus!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1809 on: March 06, 2018, 11:07:03 PM »

Catching up on the Champions League tonight when I got home from work, and was interested in the second leg of PSG-Real. Fox had it on replay, but oh no, once again American announcers! Checked if it was on Fox Deportives, and thankfully yes (at the same time).

Sorry, but I cannot stand American TV commentators for football. (As conversely I could not stand British announcers for US baseball, if there was such a thing.)

NBC and its related networks has a great lineup of British announcers for the Premier League games, I really enjoy them.

Looking ahead to the World Cup, sadly Fox has the games, so I'm pretty sure I'll be watching it on the Spanish-language channel(s). Much better experience.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #1810 on: March 07, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »

English commentators on Baseball...

ďWell viewers, this is some dull thrill-free nonsense right here....Ē
Opulence. I has it.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1811 on: March 13, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »

woooo!  go bearcats!  fun season thus far.  i've already written them off twice.  x could get to face the potential number one pick in the nba draft in the second round and uc has a relatively easy path to the elite eight.  i for one am not even taking georgia st for granted let alone texas/nevada
poach eggs, not elephants

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #1812 on: March 13, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »

While I do not wish for anyone to lose a job, I am really, REALLY glad that Saints have finally sacked Mauricio Pellegrino. It was clear - months ago - that he was in way beyond his depth. I hope he finds a managerial position with a club he can actually help, rather than ruin.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1813 on: March 13, 2018, 11:39:56 AM »

Unlike those other Saints, where things are looking up, having just re-signed Brees for a 2 yr. deal worth a cool $50 mill.

I feel bad for the fans in Southampton. You gotta wonder, though, why did club management wait so long to make the change?

In totally unrelated news: this past weekend was the last day of the regular football season in the Belgian Jupiler Pro League. Two teams were fighting to stave off relegation, and it looked like the goal difference was going to decide it. They both played at home. One team (Mechelen, a Flemish team) was up 2-0, while the other team (Eupen, a Walloon team) was tied 0-0 going into the 75th minute. At that point, Mechelen was saved. Then out of the blue, Eupen scored. And scored again. And scored again! And scored again!! FOUR GOALS in 13 minutes, and just like that, Eupen hopped over Mechelen in the final standings. When you look at the goals of Eupen, it seems like a big joke. The fact that Eupen (a Walloon team) played Mouscron (another Walloon team that was already safe from relegation) makes it all the more questionable. It just stinks. When confronted with this, the Mouscron manager said with a straight face "We simply collapsed. It happens in football." Seriously?   

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1814 on: March 15, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »

Not sure if I should post this under "random sports" or "random politics"...

Anyone following the latest in the never-ending saga that is the FCC stadium deal? Absolutely amazing. Cincinnati Public Schools should thank their lucky stars that a private business (which is what FCC is of course) would want to invest that much money into the public school system. Instead, the CPS' greed and sense of entitlement knows no boundaries, and now they'll get nothing. It is quite apparent to me that the FCC ownership really, really wanted to have the team play within the City of Cincinnati boundaries, but that they'll end up in Newport, KY, where apparently they are being welcomed with open arms. Shame on the CPS.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 128   Go Up