Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 105460 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #1920 on: December 31, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »

You Bengals fans have to be happy that Marvin Lewis is gone.
Hilariously, he endorsed Hue Jackson on his way out. If that goes forward, you'll be missing Marvin in no time!

I can see why they made the move. There are not many coaches worse than Lewis, so when someone like Jackson who us definitively one notch below comes available, you have to make that move.  I have criticized the Bengals for sticking with Kewis all these years but it turns out they were just playing the long game.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1921 on: January 02, 2019, 12:04:19 PM »

You Bengals fans have to be happy that Marvin Lewis is gone.
Hilariously, he endorsed Hue Jackson on his way out. If that goes forward, you'll be missing Marvin in no time!

I can see why they made the move. There are not many coaches worse than Lewis, so when someone like Jackson who us definitively one notch below comes available, you have to make that move.  I have criticized the Bengals for sticking with Kewis all these years but it turns out they were just playing the long game.

Hahaha.

I mean, from Lewis' perspective, it makes sense. He endorses someone worse than him so that he looks good when the Bengals are worse. It helps him get another job in a year or two.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1922 on: January 03, 2019, 12:43:53 PM »

the chiefs oc and former bengal eric bieniemy is interviewing today i believe along with vance joseph.  i'd be happy with either   
poach eggs, not elephants

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #1923 on: January 03, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »

No thanks to Vance Joseph.  I'll take a flyer on Bieniemy though.  But since he played here, why the hell would he want to come back knowing how the front office works?

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #1924 on: January 03, 2019, 06:16:16 PM »

What was it, 26 seasons without winning a fucking thing?

American franchised sports. Gotta love the built-in lack of ambition.
Opulence. I has it.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1925 on: January 04, 2019, 09:06:31 AM »

No thanks to Vance Joseph.  I'll take a flyer on Bieniemy though.  But since he played here, why the hell would he want to come back knowing how the front office works?

yeah.  that seems to be the consensus.  at least in cincinnati he wouldn't be hamstrung by a gm and would have at least a slightly above average qb
poach eggs, not elephants

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #1926 on: January 06, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »

Did he ever come across on anyone's FM teams?

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2019/01/04/kevin-ellison-fifa-rating

also known as rcc94

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1927 on: January 07, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »

Did he ever come across on anyone's FM teams?

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2019/01/04/kevin-ellison-fifa-rating

He did play for Tranmere Rovers for a bit.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1928 on: January 08, 2019, 12:16:46 AM »

Clemson trashes Alabama! Didn't see that coming.....But good for them!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1929 on: January 08, 2019, 11:58:42 AM »

I hate Alabama for the same reasons I hate the Yankees, so I was pleased to see this result. I didn't see the game, but the score sounds phenomenal.

Congrats to C-Fan and Buttah!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1930 on: January 10, 2019, 10:42:25 PM »

Bengals are ready to make a bold move:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25731343/cincinnati-bengals-hope-hire-rams-zac-taylor-head-coach

I have no idea if this will pan out, but man, this is great news. Thankfully no Hue Jackson. A clean break from the past, and this is what we need. Of course, only time will tell if this was the right move. But surely hanging on to the past (Hue Jackson) was not.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #1931 on: January 11, 2019, 05:46:07 AM »

I hate Alabama for the same reasons I hate the Yankees, so I was pleased to see this result. I didn't see the game, but the score sounds phenomenal.

Congrats to C-Fan and Buttah!

You really missed out. If you like angry Nick Saban, you'd love this game.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1932 on: January 11, 2019, 10:34:32 AM »

If Alabama is the Yankees, at this point Clemson is the Red Sox.

I was still rooting for Clemson though.  I mean, they cheat like crazy and the football program is a money leach that cheats the students and tax payers, so I can't really *like* Clemson.  But for a big-time football school they are probably the least offensive.  And Dabo Swinney seems to be a decent dude apart from the whole cheating thing.  Like Pete Carroll.  If he were in the NFL, I'd probably like him.

I was at a store somewhere the other week and someone tried to paid with a Clemson $2 bill.  The cashier didn't say anything but you could tell they were pretty pissed off about it.  I found that amusing.  I don't even think the person paying was Clemson fan, they had just gotten the bill from somewhere.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #1933 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:18 AM »

If they cheat, their cheating is finally up to par with everybody else's cheating, they've figured out how to be as good or better than Alabama at it.  Who has been the cheating gold standard for decades.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1934 on: January 11, 2019, 12:01:17 PM »

I don't think they cheat any more than Alabama.  Or any of the the four playoff teams.  Or OSU.  Or FSU who suck now but still cheat.  Or even Maryland who really, really suck but are corrupt as hell.  If I were to make a list of top ten biggest asshole coaches, Saban wouldn't make the top ten.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130   Go Up