Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 146136 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #2040 on: October 29, 2019, 10:22:06 PM »

i think it's pretty lame that two models were the ones who flashed gerrit cole.   a couple weathered biker chicks aren't going to try to breakthrough for their careers   
poach eggs, not elephants

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #2041 on: November 13, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »

My fantasy football tight end corps is awful and I have zero clue how to play them.  The only time they ever produce is when they're sitting on the bench because genius me is convinced that this is the week the other one will break through.  I'm pretty good at not leaving points on my bench except when it comes to TEs.  So far, my starters have tallied 24 points over 10 weeks.  In that same time, my benched TEs have scored 53 points which still isn't great.  My only consolation is that the matches I've lost would not have been turned out any differently had I started the other guys.   
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2042 on: February 03, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »

As I was watching the Bill Murray-Jeep commercial in yesterday's Super Bowl, all I could think was: I wonder how much Jeep had to pay him to convince him to do this commercial?!?

Nice comeback by the Chiefs, by the way. I thought they were done, being down 20-20 after 3 quarters. And it gives hope to all of us, Kansas City being a similar "small market" as Cincinnati.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #2043 on: February 05, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »

And it gives hope to all of us, Kansas City being a similar "small market" as Cincinnati.

How? The Bengals are still owned by the Brown family who remain convinced that maybe, just maybe, the stars will align and they'll trip their way into a championship.  Maybe on a personal level, they want to win, but they have no clue how to do that.  When you find yourself complaining about the exact same issues that have plagued this team for 30 some years, maybe it's time to come to the realization that nothing is going to change.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2044 on: February 05, 2020, 01:31:50 PM »

And it gives hope to all of us, Kansas City being a similar "small market" as Cincinnati.

How? The Bengals are still owned by the Brown family who remain convinced that maybe, just maybe, the stars will align and they'll trip their way into a championship.  Maybe on a personal level, they want to win, but they have no clue how to do that.  When you find yourself complaining about the exact same issues that have plagued this team for 30 some years, maybe it's time to come to the realization that nothing is going to change.

This perspective is where I stand with the Browns as well. Different team, different city, different owners...and same thing. Over and over again.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2045 on: February 05, 2020, 02:15:40 PM »

Well, I was at the most recent Super Bowl that the Bengals were in (1989). So it's possible, even under the Brown family ownership.

By the way, I think this was the first time in 50 years that the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #2046 on: February 05, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »

The Chiefs have been pretty good since Clark Hunt got the team from his dad.  When Rocky Wirtz died and his son took over, he completely changed everything at the organization and the Blackhawks have won three Stanley Cups.

So it happens.  But you probably have to wait for someone to die.  Mike Brown's getting up there now, maybe it won't be too long.  Just have to hope that the next generation didn't inherit the cheap-and-stupid gene from their dad and granddad.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2047 on: March 17, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »

The Euros 2020 have officially been moved to 2021. As has its South American equivalent, the Copa America.

And does anyone really see US sports returning any time soon? MLB moved back 2 months (so far), but there is rampant speculation that there will be no 2020 baseball season. And why would it be any different for MLS?

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137]   Go Up