Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 Torturethon Sign-ups and sponsorships  (Read 18416 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
2008 Torturethon Sign-ups and sponsorships
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »

Okay folks, here is where you sign up for the Torturethon this year. Or if you're just willing to sponsor someone, then note it in this thread.

The event will go from Oct 20-Nov 2 and this year there is an added twist: Instead of just choosing a single song to torture yourself with, you can choose a radio station if you wish or if you have an even better creative idea, let us know!

This year, Randomville will match 50% of the total money raised upon completion.

One thing to note: the money that you raise will be lumped in with the money that other participants raise, so this will not be credited as an individual contribution for you to claim on taxes. Randomville will keep 0% of the money raised and it will all go to the charity involved. But with Randomville matching the portion, collecting the money, and hosting the event, the webzine will make the contribution, and claim it as a tax write-off in a lump sum.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 03:52:00 PM by JohnnyRoyale »
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
Re: 2008 Torturethon Sign-ups and sponsorships
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:25:01 PM »

For those of us who aren't wired to easily understand these things ... :D ... does this mean I need to tell coworkers and/or other potential sponsors that they can't claim their T-thon donation on their taxes?
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »

For those of us who aren't wired to easily understand these things ... :D ... does this mean I need to tell coworkers and/or other potential sponsors that they can't claim their T-thon donation on their taxes?

That is correct. The only way they could do that is if they by-passed Randomville and us making it a lump sum, and they went and made an individual donation on their own. Randomville can't give the donator credit for a donation, because we aren't the party receiving the donation...we're only collecting it temporarily.

I hope this isn't an issue, but it's just easier all around.
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 02:18:00 AM »

Well, I'm in.

I will be doing ten hours of what possibly might be the best/worst song ever written/recorded while on drugs.

The Mamas & The Papas - Blueberries For Breakfast.

I'll let you discover for yourselves this insanity.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:44:40 AM »

I'll sponsor the field fiddy cent an hour (maybe more if not many people do it.)
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »

I'll sponsor the field at $0.50 per hour.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

Well, last year I happily tortured rva with Creed. So if he's up for it, this year I challenge him to 8 hours of this crap: http://www.funkymonkey1049.fm/main.html

Or perhaps Trixi or Buzz?

:o

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 09:40:49 PM »

I'm in - at least once, if not twice.

First, I'll be listening to a single track on Monday, October 28. Don't know what it will be yet, but I'm sure there's something annoying.

Then, while at work, I'll do a day with the radio. I'll have to pick a day closer in, as I don't know when I'll have a meeting free day.

I'm also in to sponsor everyone at 15 cents an hour.
also known as rcc94

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »

I'm in, but don't know day or theme yet.  I'm still scarred from last year's song, so I'm thinking I'll do the radio station (hellloooo, Double Q, classic country!)  Though maybe I'll do election day, and have something political (like the returns/polling/crap on the radio)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »

On Sunday, October 26th, I will submit my self to a minimum of 8 hours of the music genre that I hate most in life, which plays non-stop all day without commercials: Hair Nation Yes, it will be a long day in which I'm sure I'll be arguing with Wherle and watching as my friends make fun of me. Seriously, most of my friends know how much I hate hair bands.

Oh god.

Anyways, I believe I already have two private sponsors and one for $25 if I make it. I'll have to get back on that.

Oh god.

:'(

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:10:39 PM »

Dude, if they stick to the basics - like Warrant, Skid Row, Motley Crue, etc. - that's no challenge. The real challenge comes if they add bands like Britny Fox, Vixen or god help you, Enuff Z'Nuff.

Let's be clear: I was only briefly a hair band fan, when I was young and dumb. I graduated to real metal after a year or two. But I knew all the bands because they played them on Headbanger's Ball, which never made sense to me, but whatever. Eight hours of Enuff Z'Nuff would probably kill me, so good luck.

rva

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 12:18:21 PM »

I like Enuff Z'nuff.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »

Hair Nation sounds like a blast...definitely wouldn't be torture to me but sounds like it will be fun to watch you be tortured by it. 

For me that music packs some fun memories...as Wherle says "back when I was young & dumb" or something like that. ;)

ebadra

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

Alright, I'm in for at least two songs for a minimum of six hours each, the first being "Lovefool" by The Cardigans (which should count for more since that song never leaves your head), and the Friends theme song. That damn clapping!

I'll also go in for 20 cents an hour per person.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:47:59 PM »

Alright, I'm in for at least two songs for a minimum of six hours each, the first being "Lovefool" by The Cardigans (which should count for more since that song never leaves your head), and the Friends theme song. That damn clapping!

I'll also go in for 20 cents an hour per person.

The Friends theme, that's awesome.

And Wherle, it will ALL be torture to me, especially if they play THE SCORPIONS     :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up