Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Nation 10/26  (Read 27765 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Hair Nation 10/26
« on: October 18, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »

Oh Lord.

Okay, this is the thread where you can find me torturing myself to Hair Nation (http://www.sirius.com/hairnation) for 8 hours on Sunday, October 26th, 2008. I will begin at 10am (1pm EST) and go as long as my bleeding ears or sanity allows.

My front door will be bolted shut to prevent the murder of fellow citizens.

"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

rva

Re: Hair Nation 10/26
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:54:06 PM »

You know what? I might tackle this one with you just for fun.  See if I can finagle one of those free trials and listen to some Sirius.

I'm somewhere in the middleground with hair metal.  I was young and impressionable and played guitar enough to listen to hair metal and like it, but not so young and impressionable and into mainstream that a big part of me wasn't aware that most of it sucked ass.

So I don't know which way I'd go if I listened for 8 hours.  Would I re-capture some youthful innocence or ride a nice wave of nostalgia?  Or would I just realize what a dumbass I was when I was 15?

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:18:24 AM »

Just for FUN???

I'm already waking up in the middle of the night with cold sweats thinking about all this! But that would be neat. I'd give you my password, but my account only allows for one person to be listening to it at once.

"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »

Good luck! Less than a week away!
also known as rcc94

rva

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 12:05:28 AM »

It can't be worse than Paula Cole.  Nothing could be worse than Paula Cole.

If they stick with the known hair metal stuff, I figure I've heard it all 100 times and probably played it as well.  How bad could it be?

Now if they start delving into the Bang Tangos and groups like that, it could be a long day.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »

Bang Tango ain't bad. It's bands like Black n Blue, Tuff and Pretty Boy Floyd that might make it rough...

dennisbabcock

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 12:21:48 AM »

Gonna get my codpiece out of storage for this one!
I listen to Hair Nation like all the time.  I also heard it's like the highest rated Sirius station.  It truly rocks. 

I was thinking of signing up for the charify event to force myself to listen to "Center Field" which to me is the closest thing to true torture.  (Paula Cole also sucks - agree with rva) On my Birthday this year, I almost purchased a vinyl copy of the CenterField album to destroy.   On second thought, the next copy I see I'm buying just to destroy.  Not because I like to be violent, but just to have 1 less copy in existence.  Just for the record I don't hate CCR or anything.   I just particularly hate that 1 song.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:51:50 AM »

Gonna get my codpiece out of storage for this one!
I listen to Hair Nation like all the time.  I also heard it's like the highest rated Sirius station.  It truly rocks. 

I was thinking of signing up for the charify event to force myself to listen to "Center Field" which to me is the closest thing to true torture.  (Paula Cole also sucks - agree with rva) On my Birthday this year, I almost purchased a vinyl copy of the CenterField album to destroy.   On second thought, the next copy I see I'm buying just to destroy.  Not because I like to be violent, but just to have 1 less copy in existence.  Just for the record I don't hate CCR or anything.   I just particularly hate that 1 song.

I challenge you to listen to Center Field for 8 hours...

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »

I was thinking of signing up for the charify event to force myself to listen to "Center Field" which to me is the closest thing to true torture.  (Paula Cole also sucks - agree with rva) On my Birthday this year, I almost purchased a vinyl copy of the CenterField album to destroy.   On second thought, the next copy I see I'm buying just to destroy.  Not because I like to be violent, but just to have 1 less copy in existence.  Just for the record I don't hate CCR or anything.   I just particularly hate that 1 song.
Okay, now THAT was hilarious.
:)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

10am

First Song= Dokken: Into the Fire         

No joke, about 10 seconds into this garbage I contemplated diving off of my balcony into a glass of water.

I did do some extensive training this morning though like pushing a horse and running through the snow, so hopefully I can get through this:

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »

I actually was looking forward to commercials just for a break, but I forgot that Sirius has no commercials. But there was a funny song break that said "Keeping spandex, hair spray and mascara makers in busines....Hair Nation Channel 23."

Next up= Kix: Girl Money.

Kix? Who the fuck listens to this shit???

Kix:

Oh, and a DJ just blessed me with his presence a second ago, surely to further educate me on the theory of life for the next 8 hours.

Loser.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »

Oh god, 10:13 and Bon Jovi already!!!!      :o

Never Say Goodbye

I don't know guys, I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the whole day....

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »

I swear, every one of these songs sound the same: Crap guitar riffs layered with vocals of men trying to sound like women (usually singing about 'wild nights' or something), crappy chorus where the whole band chimes in on vocals, another verse of vomit, another chorus that leads into a 'radical' guitar solo, another piss verse followed by a closing chorus of them repeating the same crap over and over about 3 times instead of 1.

Past few songs:

Poison (talk dirty to me)
Def Leppard (who cares)
Keel (Rock and Roll Outlaw)
Scorpions (Big city night)
Nelson (can't live without your love and affection)
Motley Crue (Primal Scream)

Now the Nelson song was a real twist and a song I had LONG forgotten about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHaI4uZ4oeg

Oh, and I've learned the DJ is "Dangerous Darren" that I'm listening to.

Fuck Dangerous Darren.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »

Since when is Nelson hair metal?
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »

Quote from: JohnnyRoyale
Poison (talk dirty to me)

Still love this one. An excellent pop song.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up