Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Nation 10/26  (Read 27783 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Re: Hair Nation 10/26
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 02:20:25 PM »

So there IS a guilty pleasure song that I'm hoping they will play.

But there is finally a song I can stand playing: Tesla= Signs

I still kind of like this song and thought it was great when it was new and I was a kid. Though I admit I felt a little slighted when I found out it was a cover by the band The Five Man Electrical Band

Oh god, but now a song I'll bet even Wherle doesn't know: Sport'n A Woody by Dangerous Toys

And these losers are still around?????? There is a reason the guy with his cell phone camera is in the front row.....because NO ONE IS AT THE FUCKIN' SHOW!!!!

Well there' women in the city that make me feel shitty
And there's some that make me pack a wad
But the ones that are fine, oh will never be mine
They won't even give me the time of day

1st Chorus:
I ain't got no money, i ain't got no home
I gotta find me a bim to live with tonight

2nd Chorus:
Sport'n a woody, when you're walkin' by
Sport'n a woody, when you're titties fly
Sport'n a woody, rippin' my fly
Sport'n a woody, till the day i die yeah

Well my woody gets big when you're takin' a swig
And your drink's makin you loosen up
Starts a-talkin' to me, well look down and you'll see
What the hell i been talkin' about

1st Chorus

2nd Chorus

Don't know what i'm gonna do, can't stop lookin' at you
'Cause you're sure lookin' nice to me
Well i wish you were sedated
So i could at least penetrate you
For an hour, maybe three yeah

I can't go downtown much, all the working girl butts
ya know they really make my woody happy
But in the night clubs and such
And all the corner sluts
Might just make my waistband go snappy!

Sport'n a woody
Sport'n a woody
Sport'n a woody
Sport'n a woody
Sport'n a woody, for the rest of my life I'll be...

2nd Chorus
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »

Okay, another decent one: Civil War by Guns n Roses.

I've never hidden that I'm a fan of GnR. And I thought they were great all the way up until the Spaghetti Incident.

Yeah, AXL wore the makeup and had the tight leathers, but his excuse was that he was (and is still) clinically insane. I liked GnR because the music was actually GOOD and Slash was a fantastic guitarist. Yeah, they were lumped into the hair metal club, but they were more ballsy and hardcore than Poison, White Lion (the sissies i'm listening to now) and all the other crap.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Chinese Democracy coming out soon, but I think it will flop and officially end Axl's career. He's the ONLY original member left. The guy did have great vocals though and I always liked how he sang in several different voices and changed it up a little.

"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »

I'm only an hour and a half in and the second Def Leppard song is now playing: Photograph.

What has 9 arms and blows? DEF LEPPARD!!!                :D

Oh, and I had to laugh at this MAJOR announcement: The 'heavenly cruise' has been cancelled: http://hairbangersradio.ning.com/events/event/show?id=742905:Event:38314

Skid Row, Firehouse, Warrant, Trixter & L.A. Guns    I mean, I'm not hoping another terrorist activity would ever happen again, but if that ship would have sank...... ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:34:41 PM by JohnnyRoyale »

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »

Quote from: JohnnyRoyale
But there is finally a song I can stand playing: Tesla= Signs

That's so funny. This is one song I never liked. But I loved "Little Suzi." Still have the 45 for it.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

rva

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 02:47:05 PM »

I like Kix.  Did you know that Poison's entire stage show, from the guitars they play to the colors and patterns, to Brett Michael's stage patter and all his moves, even how he does his vox and every single one of every single member's move is ripped-off wholesale from Kix?  They basically stole that band's complete gimmick.  And then they stole Easy Action's "We Go Rockin'" and just changed the lyrics to get "I Want Action."

I hate Poison, man.  

rva

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »

I also like Tesla, but "Signs" is kind of lame.  They really were more a 70's style hard rock band than hair metal.. not quite as hard rock as GNR, but definitely more like Aerosmith than Britny Fox.  Basically "Signs" sounds a lot like the stuff they actually do, only a cover and not as good.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »

Extreme: Hole Hearted

"There's a hole in my heart...."     Yeah, well the neighbor is going to have a hole in his head if he doesn't turn off that god damn weed eater soon.

Winger: Seventeen.   I mean, really? Wasn't this even dirty for maybe even 20yr olds back in the day???

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »

Quote from: JohnnyRoyale
I'm only an hour and a half in and the second Def Leppard song is now playing: Photograph.

Ha! Love this song. ;D

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »

I hate Poison, man.  

Amen, brother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 03:12:02 PM »

2 hours down, but boy, this one is really like nails on the chalkboard:

Ah yes. I'm sure many times in the midwest, a 37yr old woman, after dropping off her kids at soccer practice thinks about how bored she is with her current sex life with her husband of 16 years. Then she turns on the radio and this ridiculous song comes on, reminding her of that time when she was 16 and in the back of a car parked just off the side of the road. And Jimmy Smith was telling her "it will all be okay, you trust me, don't you?" He then pushes the tape into the dash and "Love is on the way" comes over the crappy speakers. Then she proceeds to lose her virginity.

Well guess what. Jimmy is now a toothless hack with a beer gut, not even enough hair for a good mullet and he makes 5 bucks an hour working at the gas station in the same town you graduated from.

Yet more proof that EVERYTHING FROM THIS GOD DAMN ERA WAS A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:(          >:(                  >:(                  >:(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:36:52 PM by JohnnyRoyale »

rva

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »

That first Extreme album is okay, but they went downhill and sissy in a hurry.  Nuno can play, though.

And Pyromania is a fantastic album.  I still pull that out and listen to it several times a year.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »

It's disappointing Nuno kind of disappeared after Extreme. Hell of a talent.

rva

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 03:21:59 PM »

Now see, Saigon Kick is another one.  Not really that glam.  A lot of these bands had good talent and songwriting chops, they were just stuck in that age.  Partly because that's what sold, and partly you're just influenced by what's around you.  Jason Bieler is a pretty good musician.

See, my prediction is that at some point later today when you're done with the torturethon you are going to fire up some indie shit.  And the thought will go through your head, "Where's the fucking guitars?!?"  The Britny Fox's and Poison's aside, most of these guys had a fuckton more talent and musicianship than the average indie rocker, who is more or less a retard that just stumbled into some quirky style that suits them.

rva

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »

Nuno was playing with Perry Farrell for awhile last year.  I don't know what he's been up to since then.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »

Now see, Saigon Kick is another one.  Not really that glam.  A lot of these bands had good talent and songwriting chops, they were just stuck in that age.  Partly because that's what sold, and partly you're just influenced by what's around you.  Jason Bieler is a pretty good musician.

See, my prediction is that at some point later today when you're done with the torturethon you are going to fire up some indie shit.  And the thought will go through your head, "Where's the fucking guitars?!?"  The Britny Fox's and Poison's aside, most of these guys had a fuckton more talent and musicianship than the average indie rocker, who is more or less a retard that just stumbled into some quirky style that suits them.

I am already planning on silence. Sweet silence.

But I feel differently about the talent quote on a lot those musicians. They played THE EXACT SAME SHIT as the other pussies on MTV. Yeah, I've admittedly heard good guitar solos and all, but they sound just like the one I heard 3 songs earlier. Every guitar is tuned the same, they all play most of the same riffs. There is nothing catchy.

While you might have a good point on the indie-rock musical talent thing as far as guitars, perhaps they trade that in for better songwriting?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up