Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Nation 10/26  (Read 27767 times)

rva

Re: Hair Nation 10/26
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 03:39:29 PM »

All right, after some dorking around with Sirius not working and having to change my temporary password, I'm in..

Just in time for "Rock of Ages."  Excellent. 

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »

Jeeebus, ANOTHER Leppard song?

Rock of Ages

it just followed Dokken (again), Kiss (again) and Faster Pussycat
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »

All right, after some dorking around with Sirius not working and having to change my temporary password, I'm in..

Just in time for "Rock of Ages."  Excellent. 

Welcome to the Terrordome
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

rva

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »

Sweet.  GNR's Move to the City.  Haven't heard this in one a long time.  Sort of a B+ effort from the band, but maybe more enjoyable than some of their better stuff for having not been overplayed.

And now some classic Ozzy/Rhoads.  Rawk!!  Love, love, love this solo.  I'm enjoying this tremendously so far.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »

Which Faster Pussycat song did they play?
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

rva

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »

urk. Danger Danger.  That's not so cool.  Naughty Naughty, not to be confused with Bang Bang.  Real wordsmiths, these guys.

rva

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »

Cool.  Bon Jovi. 

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 04:00:37 PM »

Which Faster Pussycat song did they play?

I don't even remember, sorry. It only gives you the past 5 songs updates. Dangerous Darren can only handle so much....

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 04:02:23 PM »

Cool.  Bon Jovi. 

Cool, my ass!

Did you hear that HORRIBLE shrieking of backing vocals? Even you couldn't have thought THAT was cool....

Now it's Dream Theatre with Pull Me Under. I wish I could be Put Under right now.

Anyone know Jack Kevorkian's phone number?

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 04:09:21 PM »

So my reason for doing this on a Sunday was that I can watch football for 8 straight hours.

Unfortunately, Drew Brees kicked a hole in me in both of my leagues and I'm getting dusted.

Special Thanks:

Nice Job Terrell Owens with 33 yards....yet again. You piece of shit.

And apparently the Bills' defense spent the night out boozing last night because Miami is just down their throats. I could go pick up the Scorpions and 5 homeless drunks around the corner and Miami probably couldn't score 25 points against us.

Assholes.

And now it's Skid Row with Sweet Little Sister. So I was only a kid in the 80s, but what was with all the songs about being with young girls? Was that the big fad to score with the pre-teens???

rva

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »

See-- I like Dream Theater, too. :-[

Too prog-rock for me to listen to in large doses, but they've got some good stuff.  John Petrucci is amazing.  So are Myung and Portnoy for that matter.

hmm... One of the better Skid Row songs.  Sebastian Bach is an amazing singer, but he shows off way too much like he's trying out for American Idol: Glam Rock Edition.   The worst is "I Remember You" where he just has to go "Ooohoohoooh.... yeah!" through like two octaves or some shit.  They keep it nice and simple here.  Snake and Bolan are kind of generic B level guitarists.  Fast, but only because they are playing pretty standard (and boring) licks.  

rva

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

This is BY FAR the least painful Warrant song they could have played.   Alas, least painful<>not painful.

There's some early Crue stuff I like, but Dr. Feelgood sucks serious ass.  I like the way it starts and it does have that cool riff in it, but the rest of the song is just so weak.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 04:16:48 PM by rva »

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »

I like Warrant's "I Saw Red" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin."
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »

A brief NASCAR update between songs.

S H O C K E R

You mean, people who like Hair Nation might be interested in NASCAR? You don't say!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up