Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Nation 10/26  (Read 29220 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Re: Hair Nation 10/26
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »

Quote from: JohnnyRoyale
CR vs. Siouxsie?

Nah, I was thinking about keeping the hair metal theme.

Axl vs. Slash

Dee Snider vs. Tipper Gore

Mini-me vs. Long Paul

The Scorpions vs. Ear Plugs
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

rva

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »

Chris Cornell might be able to pull it off.  None of the rest have the same vocal styles.  But I think Page just starts these rumors to goad Plant into playing with him.  In fact that's what Coverdale-Page was.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »

I will give out a little credit though. Though the same band might be more than once an hour, I don't think I've heard the same song twice all day.

And Long Paul seems to be playing a little better selection. But yeah rva, I'll bet this is probably the 6th or 7th Dokken song (Mr. Scary) today. It's actually not AS bad as the other stuff today because I'm not listening to some sissy hit high notes the whole song. There really are some good, strong guitar licks in this tune.

But man, 19 minutes can't get here fast enough....
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2008, 08:42:08 PM »

Along with Myles Kennedy, Sammy Hagar, Chris Cornell, and David Grohl, Stapp is one of the rumored singers to be currently rehearsing and recording new material with legendary rock band Led Zeppelin, who are planning a reunion tour and possibly a new album that might exclude Led Zeppelin lead vocalist Robert Plant.

A reunion tour? How the hell can they do a reunion tour if three of the original four members aren't there? This better be bullshit. I will never forgive Jimmy Page if it isn't.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2008, 08:43:27 PM »

SHOCKER ALERT:

DEF LEPPARD: Armageddon It                :P

Oh, that's right, it HAS been within an hour! Silly me.

rva

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2008, 08:44:29 PM »

Goddam fucking Def fucking Leppard.   Everything they did after Pyromania sucks ass.  Why do I have to hear this shit over and over?!?

Are you getting it?  Really getting it?  No, you're not getting it.  Or you wouldn't be playing Armageddon It.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »

DEF LEPPARD: Armageddon It

Ugh. Hated that whole album, whatever it was called. It had "Pour Some Sugar on Me" on it, too. Feh.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »

Let's not forget where thousands of LOSERS meet once a year.

But I just came up with an idea: Next year, when they all flock to Oklahoma for this *laughs* festival, why not put up fences around Oklahoma and trap all of them and the musicians in there? Let's face it, most of the people who would want to hear those bands will already have them, and most of the fans to the bands will already be there. It's a winning situation all around! Besides, we don't really need Oklahoma anyhow, do we?

rva

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »

Hysteria.  It also had Animal and Love Bites.  Basically it sounded like shit but still had a ton of big hits and then after that everyone realized how bad they sucked and stopped listening.  Steve Clarke's alcoholism and death didn't help.  

Actually, come to think about it the big difference between Pyromania and Hysteria was probably less Steve Clark influence, and the difference between Hysteria and the even worse stuff after was no Steve Clark.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »

Autograph: Turn up the radio.

Who the hell is Autograph?

This might be the best video I've seen all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNb8po-ufu8

And to think that a female has probably had sex with AT LEAST one of them!

???
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 08:56:32 PM by JohnnyRoyale »

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »

Was Steve Clark dead before Hysteria? For some reason I thought it was after that, but my memory is crap on this stuff anymore. So was ... what's his name ... Adrian Campbell? ... what the hell was his name ... the little guy with the dark curly hair ... Vivian Campbell? ... Whoever he is, was he in Def Leppard for Hysteria, or did he join the band later?

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »

Dangerous Toys: Scared

3 minutes left, so I guess there is time for ONE LAST BAG OF SHIT

I don't think I've heard Poison for about 40 minutes, so that's my guess.....

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »

Well, the close is NOT Sammy Halen, but Sammy "Tequila" Hagar

There's Only One Way To Rock

Oh, it's 6:00 and I'm NOT finishing this song.

Fuck it, I'm done.

Thanks for hanging rva

I am officially agitated and pissed off. Seriously. I don't get mad very easy at all, but I kind of feel like just punching someone in the face right now (like Mick Mars!)

But, it's all for charity. I'll post my money totals in the sponsorship thread later.

For now, I head to silence. And a shower.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »

Excellent job, JR! Congrats on getting through it!

rva

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »

Good job, dude!

Whigs, it was Vivian Campbell who replaced Clark.  Clark played on Hysteria but I think at that point he was already kind of far gone.  He died halfway through Adrenalize.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up