Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Nation 10/26  (Read 28061 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Re: Hair Nation 10/26
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »

Fastway:  Trick or Treat.

5 Def Leppard songs. Less than 5 hours.

Ugh.

Anyways, I always felt like the Hair Metal thing was a fad and as soon as the grunge years arrived, I was like "what were we thinking? that wasn't good!"

Then the Boy Band phase hit in the 90s and I thought "am I nuts? why do people like this?"

Then the Butt Rock bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit and Creed got big. Again, I thought "am I nuts? why do people like this?"

But I always felt like that music and time frame from the grunge era in the early 90s was the real deal and I still feel the same way. All these others, including Hair Nation, nothing but a mistake.

"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

rva

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »

Okay, this is seriously starting grate on me now.  This is like the fifth Def Leppard song in four hours.  I don't understand how this is an improvement over regular radio at all.  It's the equivalent of classic rock stations where it's not truly classic rock but rather the same 10 groups over and over.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »

Have they played "Don't Treat Me Bad" by Firehouse yet? Or "Summertime Girls" by Y&T?
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »

Okay, this is seriously starting grate on me now.  This is like the fifth Def Leppard song in four hours.  I don't understand how this is an improvement over regular radio at all.  It's the equivalent of classic rock stations where it's not truly classic rock but rather the same 10 groups over and over.

How the fuck do you think I FEEL????
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »

Thinking of Warren DeMartini and Nuno Bettencourt compels me to do a random 5 list of "hottest guys in hair metal."

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2008, 06:13:52 PM »

Have they played "Don't Treat Me Bad" by Firehouse yet? Or "Summertime Girls" by Y&T?

I don't think so, but again, they all sound the same at this point.

I just emailed the new DJ, Long Paul, pretty much telling him to go jump in a lake

Right now Bon Jovi is singing about losing his breath. If only it could be....

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »

Motley Crue: Without You

I remember slow-dancing to this at basement parties in junior high.

And I remember Vince Neil in VH1's behind the music talking about the hair days saying they were like "hey, just because we wear makeup doesn't mean we can't kick your ass." 

Actually, it kind of does!

Oh no, now it's Jackyl: The Lumberjack. This bluesy song with the chainsaw solo is actually making me laugh a little.

I've been cooped up in this apartment all day and it's a gorgeous day out. I've got to get outside so I think I'm going to go drive around a little. I have Sirius in the car and it should only take about 30 seconds to get to the car. I'll check in later....

rva

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2008, 06:38:16 PM »

I don't see how Kip Winger wouldn't be on the list of 5 best looking men of their generation ever.  The hair, the stubble, the chest hair, the cheeks, and did I mention the chest hair?   He's the Simon LeBon of hair metal.  Draw the perfect look for a particular genre of music, and you'll draw those two.

Man, I have never really liked the Scorpions all that much.  They've got some okay stuff but I dunno... there's something I guess foreign about them where they never seemed to quite grasp the US concept of rocking.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »

Quote from: JohnnyRoyale
And I remember Vince Neil in VH1's behind the music talking about the hair days saying they were like "hey, just because we wear makeup doesn't mean we can't kick your ass." 

I've gotta say, while I've met you in person and am confident you could hold your own, I've also met members of the Crue. They'll hurt you. And that includes Mick Mars.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »

Quote from: rva
I don't see how Kip Winger wouldn't be on the list of 5 best looking men of their generation ever.

Oh he's on there all right. Warren, Nuno, Kip, and Nikki Sixx, who I met in 1987 and who simply leveled me.

The fifth slot is undecided, but I think it might go to Bret Muscat from Faster Pussycat.

rva

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »

Mick Mars would be the one I'd be most afraid of BY FAR.  Dude's absolutely nuts.  Beyond that, you're that small and you dress and act like that, you've got to learn to fight.  Vince seems like he might be kinda athletic if he applied himself.  If I have to fight one, I'm going for Tommy Lee.  He seems kind of lanky and maybe uncoordinated away from the drums.

rva

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »

"Finally some friggin' Dokken."  What are four words I thought would never leave my mouth?

But for serious, close to five hours of hair metal and like 10000 Def Leppard songs.  I've been wondering for the last two hours if they were ever going break some Dokken out.

George Lynch-- Insane guitarist.  Probably too skilled for his own good, actually.  Some of his solos are kind of out there.  Would guess he also rates very high on the looks scale (at least pre-bodybuildng/steroids).  Best looking member of his band by far, including the supposedly hot Don Dokken.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2008, 07:27:31 PM »

I've gotta say, while I've met you in person and am confident you could hold your own, I've also met members of the Crue. They'll hurt you. And that includes Mick Mars.

HORSESHIT. I wouldn't let myself lose to them and I can hold my own. But they were all pussies and have said how they used to gang up on people. I'd leave Tommy Lee alone though. Because if I lost and he beat me with his "member" afterwards....well, that would be shameful.

Anyways, I just drove around town a little to get some air for this last haul. I went to visit some friends but I think they were hiding inside so they wouldn't have to come out to my car and listen to Hair Metal (can't blame them).

Sons of bitches.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »

Who the hell considers Don Dokken hot? Other than Don Dokken? And probably Mother Dokken?

I once heard a comedian do a hysterical bit about not being able to get tix to a Jewish service in Los Angeles, so he had to settle for tickets to a Dokken concert. On the night of the show ...

Don Dokken: Hey, Los Angeles, are you ready to ROCK?!?

Comedian: Uh, no, uh, actually I'm NOT ready to rock, Mr. Dokken. In fact, Dokken, you sukken. Get a jobben, you slobben."

Somewhere I still have a mix tape called "Hey Dokken, You Sukken."

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »

HORSESHIT. I wouldn't let myself lose to [Motley Crue] and I can hold my own.

I'm telling you, man, Mick Mars will gnaw your face off. Bitch is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up