Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoveFriends  (Read 14197 times)

ebadra

• Citizen
Re: LoveFriends
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »

4:20: Phew, the first leg is finished. Now to enjoy the sound of nothing for the rest of the day and start back up tomorrow.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »

Good job buddy. Go get em'
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »

How come the video doesn't have cliched cuts of the Romeo + Juliet movie in it? I'm so disappointed!

I do love those eyes. I fully expect to hear that they were faked using contacts or CGI or something...but man they are mesmerizing. What's she look like today? Still hot? Someone post a picture!

ebadra

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 04:55:50 PM »

Okay, so I dropped the ball and didn't do the second leg of my journey today, my bad. I definitely will be too busy to do it tomorrow, so it's looking like Wednesday is the day to continue. Stay tuned!

rva

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »

Didn't they release/re-release a video of it with Romeo and Juliet clips replacing parts of the original?  Or am I thinking of the other 3,000 videos where they did that?

ebadra

• Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 01:10:54 PM »

The Rembrandts are an American pop band formed in 1989 in Los Angeles, primarily headed by Danny Wilde and Phil Solem. After establishing themselves as The Rembrandts (they had previously gone under a couple different names) they set out recording their debut self-titled release. It featured the song "Just The Way It Is, Baby", which reached as high as #14 on the Billboard charts.

Their 1992 follow-up, Untitled, continued the trend they had started with their first release. The track "Rollin' Down The Hill" you may recognize from the movie Dumb & Dumber. Of course, it was also Untitled that saw the release of a little ditty entitled "I'll Be There For You". You may know it as the theme song from the hit American sitcom "Friends".

An interesting note, although The Rembdants are usually known to have written their own songs, "I'll Be There For You" was in fact written by two outside sources, Michael Skloff and Allee Williss, who has enjoyed an illustrious career as a songwriter over the years. She had previous received a Grammy for the soundtrack of Beverley Hills Cop, and has collaborated with the likes of Bob Dylan, James Brown, and Herbie Hancock.

Isn't she beautiful!!

The song had been initially offered to They Might Be Giants and R.E.M., who presumably turned it down. The third choice of The Rembrandts, however, chose to take it. The song quickly topped the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay charts for nearly eight weeks, and when the single was released it reached #4 in UK charts and #17 on the US Billboard Top 100 charts.  However, it also reached #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts.

Blender Magazine ranked it #15 in its list of the 50 worst songs of all-time.

ebadra

• Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »

7:08 PM: A surprise substitute teaching gig forced me into starting this a little bit later than I would have liked. I'm currently about half an hour into my four-hour excursion, and I'm already miserable. That opening guitar riff, the clapping, the bouncy "bum-badum" groove, it's just a recipe for disaster. I wonder what it's like to be a Friends fan and marathon the show, having to listen to this so many times. I guess I'll get about half a season's time worth of The Rembrandts byt he time this is all over and done with.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 09:02:02 PM »

7:08 PM: A surprise substitute teaching gig forced me into starting this a little bit later than I would have liked. I'm currently about half an hour into my four-hour excursion, and I'm already miserable. That opening guitar riff, the clapping, the bouncy "bum-badum" groove, it's just a recipe for disaster. I wonder what it's like to be a Friends fan and marathon the show, having to listen to this so many times. I guess I'll get about half a season's time worth of The Rembrandts byt he time this is all over and done with.

I'm glad you're miserable!

Keep it up and pull out all the tricks....you're the last participant!!
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

ebadra

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »

Oh, I did finish this, by the way. It wasn't fun at all, and now I don't think I can ever watch Friends again. I was tempted to stop by hour three, but in retrospect I am glad that perseverance kicked in and led me to a victory. Time to start thinking about an even worse challenge for next year, I guess!

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »

so you did 4 hours of cardigans and 6 of Friends?

just tallying some stats...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up