Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Food Musings...  (Read 60381 times)

Juliana

• City Elder
Re: Random Food Musings...
« Reply #1005 on: September 11, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »

How is it that hot dogs at a baseball game are so much more delicious than any other hot dog?
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1006 on: September 12, 2017, 09:16:54 AM »

over gas station hot dogs? 
poach eggs, not elephants

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1007 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:47 AM »

I don't know how anybody would ever find out where gas station hot dogs rate.  I don't know anybody sorry enough to eat one.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #1008 on: September 12, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »

I don't know how anybody would ever find out where gas station hot dogs rate.  I don't know anybody sorry enough to eat one.

http://c-lando.blogspot.com/
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #1009 on: September 12, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »

Roller meat!
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1010 on: September 13, 2017, 07:24:51 AM »

the last time i ate a gas station hot dog was near by buddies' house somewhere in maui.  we were pretty goosed.  ate those mountains of condiments right in the parking lot as the clerk encouraged us to loiter
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:15:27 AM by daytime drinking »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1011 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »

Of course you have a blog about gas station food.  The world makes perfect sense now.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1012 on: September 14, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »

Of course you have a blog about gas station food.  The world makes perfect sense now.
Of course it lasted for less than one month. How could I have sustained that level of brilliance for a longer period of time?

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #1013 on: September 17, 2017, 01:30:10 AM »

Lando, you need to bring this blog back. Please?!?

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1014 on: November 06, 2017, 10:43:10 AM »

i woke up yesterday morning with the idea of making coffee cake.  i found a recipe quickly which matched all the ingredients i had.  the recipe didn't call for actual coffee which i found rather disturbing.  i get it.  it's cake you eat with coffee.  i searched for coffee cake with actual coffee and now we were getting somewhere.  i scoffed at their telling me i had to use instant coffee because, ''c'mon admit, you know you've got some.  we're all friends here," they said.  there's not a chance in hell instant coffee will come near me or my family.  not that i haven't fond memories of lighting up my pocket rocket msr stove and boiling up a batch of instant with my hobo friend at a rest area in northern utah trading stories and chain smoking pall malls.  and i like to keep it at that

the coffee cake turned out wonderful.  i just ground some beans and threw it in.  topped with some pomegranates

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #1015 on: November 07, 2017, 07:16:11 AM »

not that i haven't fond memories of lighting up my pocket rocket msr stove and boiling up a batch of instant with my hobo friend at a rest area in northern utah trading stories and chain smoking pall malls.

Love to hear more about this hobo friend.

Height?  Weight?  Ease of dragging?  Preferred brand of fingerless gloves?  Canned beans or Chef Boyardee: Which tastes best heated over an open flame?

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1016 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:08 AM »

really?  it's one of my favorite stories.  i picked him up at a gas station way outside salt lake.  he was pushing mid 60's if i had to put a finger on it.  medium height and hobo thin.  he had a backpack (not a nice one).  he asked me where i was going, i replied to the nearest rest area.  i'm out of money and have little gas.  he offered to siphon some as we had five and some change between us.  i really wanted to be part of this illegal activity but being a pussy i declined.  we deliberated quickly as to how the funds were to be spent, he said we could buy five dolla gas, or, he considered, a pack of cigarettes.  opted for the pack of cigarettes naturally. 

so at the rest area as i lighted one cigarette from the embers of another, come to find out this fella's been walking since alabama.  on his way to seattle to meet the love of his life.  i was trying to repair my own broken heart you see. i agreed to ball him to eugene on the morrow as my bank account would be flush with real currency. being a hobo, he slept under one of those displaced semi trailers that litter the otherwise tidy rest stops.  i didn't even have to tell him that him sleeping in the car next to me made me feel a little uncomfortable.  being a hobo, you understand these things.  it never really occurred to me to bail once my paycheck cleared in the early morning.  maybe it did

after searching under trailers i finally came across him.  he seemed very comfortable.  more comfortable than trying to sleep in the front seat of your car after you've been drinking instant coffee for the past three or four hours.  i think we even smoked that whole pack of pall malls.  anyway, i wonder if he was surprised to see me.  i picked him up in the rain and dropped him off in the rain.  such is the hobo way   

seeing as all our sustenance was instant coffee, i wanted to treat him to a big ole breakfast.  mostly because that's what i wanted.  but he declined, saying that would be just far too generous.  we stopped instead at one of those mom and pop small town grocery stores i love so much.  loaf of bread, doritos, peanut butter jelly.  that's what he wanted.  well, i wanted the doritos.  and four packs of cigarettes.  he wouldn't turn that shit down.  he even offered to ease the cost of the food with his oregon trail food stamp card lord knows how long he's had that.  he somehow had five cents on it. 

so yeah, he slept mostly except when i prodded him to take a picture of something oregon.  the interior of that country is breathtaking.  seeing that he was awake i hoped to have one of those written about experiences of a wandering sage imparting the wisdom of love.   but he wasn't saying the things i wanted to hear so just let him fall back asleep. 

i got so fucked up on mead that night

that's the hobo more or less

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1017 on: November 07, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »

really?  it's one of my favorite stories. 

You don't understand the ulterior motives here.

Butter + hobo = dead hobo

he had a backpack (not a nice one). 

See, this is just disappointing. I would have thought he would have had all his worldly possessions wrapped up in a handkerchief tied to a stick.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:47:58 AM by Jonathan »
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1018 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »

You don't understand the ulterior motives here.

Butter + hobo = dead hobo

I'm delighted that you can still do r-ville maths after such a long time away from the boards.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1019 on: November 07, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »

Some thi

I'm delighted that you can still do r-ville maths after such a long time away from the boards.

Some things are like riding a bike. Here's another Randomville equation:

Butter = douchebag
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69   Go Up