Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Food Musings...  (Read 60737 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Random Food Musings...
« Reply #1035 on: December 04, 2017, 02:06:30 PM »

Thanks, ZK. I'm cool with regular mayonnaise. So, I won't go out of my way to buy some. But, I'll hopefully get a chance to try it on something eventually.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1036 on: December 04, 2017, 04:50:19 PM »

Any opinions on if that Japanese mayonnaise stuff (KewPie?) will change my life?
Or if it is just slightly better than regular mayonnaise?

I started making my grilled cheese sandwiches with mayo instead of butter and I will NEVER go back to butter.

do you, fry the thing in mayo? 
poach eggs, not elephants

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1037 on: December 05, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »

Any opinions on if that Japanese mayonnaise stuff (KewPie?) will change my life?
Or if it is just slightly better than regular mayonnaise?

I started making my grilled cheese sandwiches with mayo instead of butter and I will NEVER go back to butter.

do you, fry the thing in mayo?
Basically, yes. You spread mayo on the bread instead of butter. Makes the sandwich golden and crispy. SO GOOD.

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #1038 on: December 06, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »

Wait. Mac & Cheese is a veggie??...

I've had a productive morning catching up on this thread. Thank you all.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #1039 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:04 AM »

Wait. Mac & Cheese is a veggie??...

I've had a productive morning catching up on this thread. Thank you all.
It is in the South. When I found that out, I knew I had found HOME.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1040 on: December 07, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »

yeah it's strictly a southern institution.  the good folk up north scoffed initially at calling fritos a vegetable but vowed that a line had to drawn somewhere, anywhere.  and that line was mac n cheese as a vegetable.  but the southern vegetable (or as i like to call it, dixie d'jour) as we know it now was coined by a boy scout, not unlike the flag of alaska.  believe it or not

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1041 on: December 08, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »

Mac and cheese isn't a vegetable, per se, but it is classed as a salad in the South.

For that matter, so is Jell-O with bits of fruit in it. The fruit makes it healthy, you see...
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1042 on: December 08, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »

i have no issue with what you people do

on a somewhat unrelated note, since i've taken over the baking responsibilities in the house, it amazes me how unhealthy baked sweet treats are.  i just added a cup and a quarter of vegetable oil to this carrot cake.  and then like two cups of sugar.  and then the recipe said ahh fuck it, just use mayo for the frosting.  mayonnaise is frosting to euro's pizza.  thank you belgium. 

my wife lives off baked sweet treats.  when we first starting dating we would spend sundays baking in her kitchen.  we made armageddon cheesecake once for a friend.  i think i've caught the baking bug

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #1043 on: December 08, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »

on a somewhat unrelated note, since i've taken over the baking responsibilities in the house, it amazes me how unhealthy baked sweet treats are.  i just added a cup and a quarter of vegetable oil to this carrot cake.  and then like two cups of sugar.  and then the recipe said ahh fuck it, just use mayo for the frosting.  mayonnaise is frosting to euro's pizza.  thank you belgium. 

my wife lives off baked sweet treats.  when we first starting dating we would spend sundays baking in her kitchen.  we made armageddon cheesecake once for a friend.  i think i've caught the baking bug

You know like 50% of your posts demand follow up questions.

What is armageddon cheesecake?

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1044 on: December 08, 2017, 11:25:39 AM »

You know like 50% of your posts demand follow up questions.

What is armageddon cheesecake?

we dressed up the cheesecake to look like a winter wonderland.  i remember there being pistachio pudding i think made with kahula as a filling for an evergreen.  there were also chocolate covered espresso beans somewhere.  we used red food coloring for some reason.  my buddy said it looked apocalyptic.  i was a while before we ever got that pie pan back

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1045 on: December 08, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »

So, I have just one small followup question?  What is Armageddon cheesecake?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1046 on: December 08, 2017, 06:55:05 PM »

So I'm confused. Was that Armageddon cheesecake, or a Winter Wonderland cheesecake?

Were the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse driving the one-horse open sleigh or something?

And one more followup question, if you'll indulge me. What were the espresso beans for? Did they represent reindeer poop? Or the disembodied heads of the unfaithful?
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1047 on: December 09, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »

more clarity?  it was just the red food coloring.  you know like that sigur ros video where the kids put on their snowsuits to go out for recess and outside is terrifying?  i think the sky was red in that video.  anyway, the setting of an evergreen and happy chocolate covered espresso beans under a red sky puts a damper on the peaceful imagery.  i did mention the food coloring, right?  i was making it christmas colors and it turned out otherwise

regarding the espresso beans johnny, i'm sure they were ornaments or something.  hell, i probably did make the pudding bath large enough.  but who needs a reason for chocolate covered espresso beans?   it wasn't very jesusy.  i don't think it was even festive, even though it was nearing christmas.  should i have mentioned that?  but it wasn't for christmas.  i forget why we even decided to make him that cake.  had i made it for his brother, my best friend, that woulda made more sense.  i don't think i had owed him a solid at that point and i really don't do nice things like that out of the ordinary

but i kinda wanna ride with your ideas johnny.  are there four horseman cookie cutters?   

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1048 on: December 11, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

i suppose it was pretty festive actually.  my wife informs me that i used whipped cream for a snow covered ground and it had an oreo cookie (homemade) crust.  did i mention that this was a pumpkin cheesecake?  she's unsure of the motives behind the chocolate covered espresso beans other than they're chocolate covered espresso beans.  she also says she doubts i made it for my buddy's brother but for my buddy instead.  also, it was bailey's in the pistachio pudding and not kaluha

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1049 on: December 13, 2017, 09:19:20 AM »

did i mention that this was a pumpkin cheesecake?

No! You didn't.  You didn't mention anything.  You just called it an Armageddon Cheesecake and left it at that, as if anyone would know what the hell that is.  And like five posts later you're still dropping details. 

I need to quit falling for this game, it's really not that amusing.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71   Go Up