Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: College Basketball  (Read 8205 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
College Basketball
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »

Clemson plays Illinois tonight. I have big hopes that the ACC will beat the Big Ten again this year.
Well.......

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
Re: College Basketball
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:32:00 AM »

Minnesota beat Virginia, so that's all I care about.  :p
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:23:51 PM »

Miami almost pulled off the upset of Kentucky tonight. Quite exciting!
also known as rcc94

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »

We are.... UD!

rva

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »

Holy crap.  William and Mary!

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »

William & Mary takes a loss... spoke too soon?

rva

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »

They beat Hofstra at the buzzer, so I suppose they were due for a bad break. 

I can't believe people actually voted for William and Mary in the Top 25.  I guess you had to, considering their RPI was #2 in the nation but they aren't that good.  They ARE good enough however, to win the CAA or make a pretty good case for an at-large bid.

Northwestern is stinking it up now, too.  I sure am awesome at picking teams to root for.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »

W&M struggling in its attempt to make their first NCAA tourney... it's that damn Indian nickname holding them back.

rva

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »

I was at the game.  That sucked.

TBH, ODU is the better team.  They were heavily favored going into the season for good reason.  And they played well and deserved both the regular season and tournament championship.  So I can't really complain.

It would have been nice if they had rolled over for us and taken one for the conference so we could send two teams.  But then again, an at-large bid would not have been guaranteed for them (though it should have been).  And the last time the CAA got an at-large bid they went all the way to the final four and it still did nothing for the CAA.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »

Clemson just announced their new head basketball coach: Brad Brownwell (from Wright State). We just can't keep our hands off Dayton coaches!

:)

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041310aaa.html
Well.......

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »

Please let Clemson be one of the play-in teams for the tournament, so I can go see them next week.

In other news, Dayton gets to enjoy a 3rd butt-whoopin' from Xavier this year on Friday afternoon.  I'm so excited.  Can't you tell.  This is my excited voice.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:04:17 AM »

How about the fact that UC is playing tonight against USF. A very winnable game! Woo. It's even right here in my town...but alas I erroneously made plans that I am not going to cancel, so I won't get to see it. I'll just hope they win and then I can watch them tomorrow night.

Go Bearcats!

rva

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:33 AM »

Clemson should be going to the NIT, but I'm sure they'll end up with a 12 seed.

"Gee, that second tier of ACC schools all have  indistinguishably mediocre conference records and RPI's.  I guess we'll just have to take all of them."  ::)

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »

Clemson should be going to the NIT, but I'm sure they'll end up with a 12 seed.

"Gee, that second tier of ACC schools all have  indistinguishably mediocre conference records and RPI's.  I guess we'll just have to take all of them."  ::)

Yeah, you know who they should let in instead?  The 4th place team from the Colonial.  That'd be super-awesome.

rva

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 11:49:45 AM »

The 4th place team from the CAA isn't going to get in, they don't deserve to get in, and no one has even suggested they are anywhere remotely close to getting in.  Although I will say that Charles Jenkins from Hofstra is pretty awesome and I think will probably be a late first round pick.

The question is whether they will even take three from CAA.  VCU is on the bubble.  If they get in, it'll come at the expense of the sixth ACC team.  University of Richmond might not go either, but if they do, that would likely be another ACC team gone.  Both teams have RPI's higher than Clemson's. 

The ACC should really only be sending three teams.  I would be okay with four in which case you would probably pick Clemson.  I can't see a case where they are any better than the rest of the bubble teams, but I can't see how they are any worse.  But the ACC is either going to get five or six.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up