Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: College Basketball  (Read 8769 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: College Basketball
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »

You know you want it to happen just so the cheerleaders can be on national television.

rva

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »

You hardly get to see the cheerleaders in basketball, though.  It's all about the dance teams and they don't have the mystique.

rva

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

Clemson's blowing out BC, so it looks like they and their cheerleaders and the Rally Cats are deservedly in.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »

Our Randomville brackets are still good, if anyone wants to fill one out:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/brackets

I got an email & thought I'd fill it out just to have one online to refer to.  Rock Chalk!  :)

rva

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 01:45:42 AM »

That's why you take three CAA teams.   Never understood the fuss.  I think Colorado got screwed, and the Big 12 in general got screwed. 

If you have to pick one, it should have been CO.  But it shouldn't have been about VCU vs colorado in the first place.  It's more like why did you take that last Big 10 or Big East team?

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 09:03:27 PM »

Did you know that Joey Rodriguez was tutored by the greatest player in VCU history, Eric Maynor?

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 07:40:44 AM »

We are 2 improbable wins away from an all-Richmond area Elite 8 matchup to see who goes to the Final 4 between Richmond and VCU.

Tell me who had that one chalked up, and I will call them a liar.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 10:25:26 AM »

We are 2 improbable wins away from an all-Richmond area Elite 8 matchup to see who goes to the Final 4 between Richmond and VCU.

Tell me who had that one chalked up, and I will call them a liar.

VCU is definitely my new bandwagon team. I watched them play in the CAA finals and was very impressed with them, so I did choose them to win against USC and again against G'town. I did NOT think they'd beat Purdue when I was filling out my bracket.

If I'd had the opportunity to pick again after the first round (ugh, I mean, Round of 64) and before the second round, then I probably would have picked 'em again. But alas that's not how it works.

I really enjoy watching them play and their style of havoc on the court is very viewer-friendly. I hope they keep winning so I can keep watching.

rva

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »

Richmond is definitely surprising, but they aren't as Cinderella as they are being made out to be.  They should not have been a 12 seed after winning the A10.  I didn't really get that.

I did not see VCU beating Purdue.  At all.  The one thing about VCU is that when they are playing their game they really are the best team in the CAA, so in some respects they were the most likely to pull off an upset.  It's just that they are inconsistent and can be taken out of their game.

The thing about Joey Rodriguez is, the guy goes full-speed all the time.  It makes him pretty hard to deal with because he's so quick and pesky-like.  But if you sit back on him, you can get him to dribble into one-on-twos or make bad passes.  I just figured Purdue would sit back and play team defense, slow it to a half-court game, and win easily.  Or at worst, it would be an ugly game and VCU might win on a last second prayer.  Instead they dominated.

Too bad about GMU.  OSU is obviously a fantastic team so I didn't think GMU was going to win.  I just didn't want them to get blown out like that.  OSU was just on fire.  They would have lost big even if they'd had Hancock.  OSU would have blown away any school in country the way they were playing.

rva

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »

Did you know that Joey Rodriguez was tutored by the greatest player in VCU history, Eric Maynor?

Gerald Henderson!

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »

Richmond is definitely surprising, but they aren't as Cinderella as they are being made out to be.  They should not have been a 12 seed after winning the A10.  I didn't really get that.

UD fan message boards were saying that the committee did that so they would have an easy out if Dayton had won the conference tournament... that UD would've been a 12 in Richmond's slot, and Richmond would've just been left out.  Which would've been massively unfair to Richmond, so in a sick way I guess I'm almost glad UD lost that game because Richmond is a good team with some nice players who I am glad finally is getting the A10 more notoriety for a team outside of those jerks at Xavier.

rva

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 02:39:47 AM »

It's a madhouse here. 

rva

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »

It's even more of a madhouse here.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »

Watching VCU dismantle Kansas was pretty freakin' satisfying.  2 years in a row with a final that will include a non-Big Six school, whether it be Butler or VCU.

My work's bracket contest will have an all-time low scorer as the winner.  Only 3 brackets out of 148 even had UConn or Kentucky as the eventual champion.  Not to mention the absence of VCU or Butler.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 11:10:35 PM »

I'm in no brackets where anyone:

Has more than UConn in the Final Four
Has UConn winning it all, so no one will get points in the championship game
Will have more than half of the possible points
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up